Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE, why

Chrisplaysmore

I am now stuck for days, turning Mr 11 and waiting for a sabotage mission to pop up as an alert on Uranus to be finally able to move to the next planet.

This is utterly absurd that the game does not allow me to progress because I need to be lucky enough for an alert to pop up when I actually play.

RNG should not block you that way.

This is an amazing game, with a fair economy but you seem to find so many way to upset people who actually want to play the game.

DE, I can come up with a list of things which just makes people leave the game for the wrong reason but this one here is a silly one !

Thanks for looking into this matter,

Chris

6 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

This is utterly absurd that the game does not allow me to progress because I need to be lucky enough for an alert to pop up when I actually play.

Why do you need an alert for this? There is already a sabotage mission on Uranus (Dessemona).

19 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

DE, I can come up with a list of things which just makes people leave the game for the wrong reason but this one here is a silly one !

Yes, players not noticing that there is an always-present, reliable, cache-rich Sabotage node on Uranus is a silly reason for these players to leave the game.

Tip for you, OP: ask in your clan where you can find something, if you don't find it on your own. You'll surely find someone who's going to point out the obvious and spare you much self-inflicted frustration.

1 minute ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

Nope, but whenever I hover the mouse cursor over any missions on Uranus, none appears as a sabotage ...

Well, It's uhh, it's there. I'm not sure what it is you're looking at.

I was just cracking a joke about sharkwing really.

Edited by Caelward

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Yes, players not noticing that there is an always-present, reliable, cache-rich Sabotage node on Uranus is a silly reason for these players to leave the game.

Tip for you, OP: ask in your clan where you can find something, if you don't find it on your own. You'll surely find someone who's going to point out the obvious and spare you much self-inflicted frustration.

I have a build just to find those caches with all possible mods equipped. It just that for whatever reason the mission type did not show as being a Sabotage mission...

1 minute ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

I have a build just to find those caches with all possible mods equipped. It just that for whatever reason the mission type did not show as being a Sabotage mission...

In my version of the game Desdemona is marked as "Sabotage (Submersible)". It is really painfully obvious that it is a Sabotage mission.

Pro-tip: spare yourself the further humiliation of this thread, write something like "derp, I don't know what was wrong with my brain, next time I'll ask someone or check the wiki before writing a frustrated, offended and unjustified thread on the forums, thank you guys for your help, I'm off to find caches".

And then go to Desdemona, which - it has been confirmed - is a Sabotage mission.

3 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

It just that for whatever reason the mission type did not show as being a Sabotage mission...

It may not have shown up as a Sabotage if it had an alert or something on it. If a node has a secondary mission (i.e. an alert) click it to find out what the normal mission is.

Somehow this sums up todays gamer community, blame the developer for the mistakes the player makes, congrats. *slow clap*

People seem spoiled by to many other games i say, some little exploring and trial and error not hurts.

Aslong its not like Dark Souls i guess, which i actually like but can have unfair parts, but that is another story, anyway.

As other pointed out, you are deifntly not forced to wait for an alert.

Edited by Marine027

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Somehow this sums up todays gamer community, blame the developer for the mistakes the player makes, congrats. *slow clap*

People seem spoiled by to many other games i say, some little exploring and trial and error not hurts.

Well, the UI could be slightly less of an arse though. Merely having a search bar/filter in navigation would go a long way instead of having to memorize where every single node or mission type is.

Gerade eben schrieb JuicyButthurt:

Well, the UI could be slightly less of an arse though. Merely having a search bar/filter in navigation would go a long way instead of having to memorize where every single node or mission type is.

That i can agree to, the map changed alot of times by now and overlal the game itself tells you barely things sadly.

On the other hand still most ignore tutorials or even ingame message box telling you where Baro is and people still ask in chat despite his mail and icon on the map.

Most refuse help and then complain seemingly, even the codex can be useful without having to point every bit to the wiki instead, people not use what the game gives them, yes it could be more and better UI, more info etc. but even then, most refuse this infos like tehy not exist, that is my problem with todays gamer communitys.

13 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Most refuse help and then complain seemingly, even the codex can be useful without having to point every bit to the wiki instead, people not use what the game gives them, yes it could be more and better UI, more info etc. but even then, most refuse this infos like tehy not exist, that is my problem with todays gamer communitys.

That or these people simply don't know any better, Warframe isn't known for explaining its mechanics well. To a veteran a diamond on a line between a relay and a rail indicates where and when Baro is about to arrive, to a newcomer it's nothing more than some undisclosed icon slowly shifting somewhere, it would be far easier to understand for newbies if the icon was more flashy and eyecatching and had a hover text explaining what exactly is going on, placing Baro in the status bar along quests and invasions would also go a long way in reducing player confusion.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb JuicyButthurt:

That or these people simply don't know any better, Warframe isn't known for explaining its mechanics well. To a veteran a diamond on a line between a relay and a rail indicates where and when Baro is about to arrive, to a newcomer it's nothing more than some undisclosed icon slowly shifting somewhere, it would be far easier to understand for newbies if the icon was more flashy and eyecatching and had a hover text explaining what exactly is going on, placing Baro in the status bar along quests and invasions would also go a long way in reducing player confusion.

I aggree again but sadly most are nor that way simply, i know alot who simply say they not bother to look.

Two sides exist of this simply.