Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is my Zephyr build good?

xarabas02

Question

tsWKUpk.jpg

Been using this for a long time and I'm satisfied with it. Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect build since these things are subjective but I'm curious if there is anything useless/unnecessary in this picture. I'm thinking of applying the same to Zephyr Prime since I just got her. What do you think?

14 answers to this question

Good build, my only comment would be Rush isn't really necessary since you can fly forward very quickly (and you have the Jet Stream augment too); maybe move Coaction Drift to that slot and replace with Stretch.

Also, can switch Constitution and Streamline places for that polarity gain :)

Why Augur Accord and Gladiator Resolve?

Shields are more of a useless kind since they don't mitigate damage through Armor (well...Zephyr has no armor anyways) But I would either use Vitality max or (Primed) Vigor max instead of both your mods and add an Augur message for a longer duration.

Also yes. Switch Coaction Drift for Stretch

3 hours ago, BladeRambler said:

Good build, my only comment would be Rush isn't really necessary since you can fly forward very quickly (and you have the Jet Stream augment too); maybe move Coaction Drift to that slot and replace with Stretch.

Also, can switch Constitution and Streamline places for that polarity gain :)

I'm curious about something. Does Stretch affect Turbulence (with Jet Stream augment) at all? And if so, in what way?

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Why Augur Accord and Gladiator Resolve?

Shields are more of a useless kind since they don't mitigate damage through Armor (well...Zephyr has no armor anyways) But I would either use Vitality max or (Primed) Vigor max instead of both your mods and add an Augur message for a longer duration.

Also yes. Switch Coaction Drift for Stretch

Yeah, you're right. I removed both of those and placed Vigor instead. Will replace it later with Primed Vigor.

Edited by xarabas02

1 hour ago, xarabas02 said:

I'm curious about something. Does Stretch affect Turbulence (with Jet Stream augment) at all? And if so, in what way?

It only affects the radius of the Slipstream globe - Jet stream adds extra functionality to the ability, so that extra range will also apply to your teammates if they’re within that larger radius. Ie. They can get a speed buff from Zephyr from further away (both movement and projectile flight). In terms of practical usage, the larger Turbulence makes it easier to avoid Area of Effect damage. This works like Snow Globe where you want a slightly larger ability so that you don’t get taken out by things like the explosions from a Bombard rocket, even if the rocket itself is blocked or explodes on impact with something else.

But I’m wondering about your build - I’m guessing I’ve missed something while I’ve been away but:

Dead Eye (Sniper Dmg)

Gladiator Resolve (HP + Melee Crit Chance)

Arcane Awakening (Secondary Dmg)

Arcane Tempo (Shotgun RoF)

What’s going on here then?

I can somewhat understand Augur Accord for stuff like Hijacks, but the rest seems like entirely different builds shoehorned into one.

Rush with Jet stream and Intensify is also a bit of a head scratcher. 

Genuinely not sure about this lot, someone clue me in? 

Edited by Arezael
Quote error

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DarkRuler2500:

I'd try to include stretch since it increases the wind shield radius as well as the tornado radius.
Coaction Drift could be replaced with it.
But otherwise... yeah, its fine.

Turbulence radius doesn't really matter so long it's greater then the minimum value. There sure is a little support attached to it but it's only relyable for you in the first place.

Range is good regardless for tail wind and indeed also the tornados but while focusing on turbulence, it is somewhat ignorable.

To add my two cents as well.... you may wanna overthink just where you're going with her. Jet stream does little for anything except the tonkor and maybe bows and if you wanna use it for any of those then you're gonna need a little more strength then intensify. So, eather keep it and aim for more strength, replace it with Target Fixation, ignore strength and go for range and duration (mobility/cc build), replace it qith Funnel clouds and keep it as is (that one works excellent on a mixed build) or dropp it alltogether.

22 minutes ago, Arezael said:

But I’m wondering about your build - I’m guessing I’ve missed something while I’ve been away but:

Dead Eye (Sniper Dmg)

Gladiator Resolve (HP + Melee Crit Chance)

Arcane Awakening (Secondary Dmg)

Arcane Tempo (Shotgun RoF)

What’s going on here then?

I can somewhat understand Augur Accord for stuff like Hijacks, but the rest seems like entirely different builds shoehorned into one.

Rush with Jet stream and Intensify is also a bit of a head scratcher. 

Genuinely not sure about this lot, someone clue me in? 

I've removed both Augur Accord and Gladiator Resolve and replaced it with Vigor. I've also removed Arcane Tempo (was there for no reason) and Arcane Awakening is now at rank 3 (need it for my Lex Prime). Dead Eye is there for my Vectis Prime.

Hm. Intensify is there to maximize the damage of my Tornado but are you saying I don't need it?

EDIT

Oh and regarding Jet Stream + Rush.....I just like to go super fast. Silly, I know.

Edited by xarabas02

il y a 7 minutes, xarabas02 a dit :

Oh and regarding Jet Stream + Rush.....I just like to go super fast. Silly, I know.

If you like to go super fast, try full strength Zephyr with the jet stream augment. The bonus sprint speed from the augment is affected by power strength. 

1 minute ago, Marekthejester said:

If you like to go super fast, try full strength Zephyr with the jet stream augment. The bonus sprint speed from the augment is affected by power strength. 

Ahh so Intensify does make a difference there. good to know.

FWIW, my general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Stretch
Primed Continuity, Constitution
Streamline, R3 Fleeting Expertise
Jet Stream, Primed Vigor (Vitality is fine)

High Efficiency is great, letting you spam her abilities all over the place (especially when supported by Zenurik).
Too much Duration will easily make you fly and get stuck against walls, better to have the option to cast it again cheaply.
Range helps all her abilities (woo Airburst), Strength I haven't found to be a priority as you'll want to shoot the 'nados for real damage
and Jet Stream's effect is still plenty strong at just +30%, greatly helping projectile weapons / Shotguns.

7 hours ago, xarabas02 said:

I've removed both Augur Accord and Gladiator Resolve and replaced it with Vigor. I've also removed Arcane Tempo (was there for no reason) and Arcane Awakening is now at rank 3 (need it for my Lex Prime). Dead Eye is there for my Vectis Prime.

Hm. Intensify is there to maximize the damage of my Tornado but are you saying I don't need it?

EDIT

I’d like to suggest you give a particular setup a try, since you should be able to fit it with minimal changes to your polarities. Bear in mind I don’t know what types of content you use her for, your loadouts etc. So it’s something I wonder if you’d enjoy with first hand experience yourself, and only you can decide that.

In no specific order:

Growing Power / Power Drift

Jet Stream / Streamline / Stretch / (HP Mod)

[Primed]Continuity / Constitution / Intensify* / Augur Secrets*

The two * slots are your own personal preference, and can really be anything you find convenient. In order to try it out as is, you’d likely have to use a min rank Vitality in place for the HP mod slot on your normal Zephyr  - in the final Prime version you probably shouldn’t polarise the Exilus slot, so you can switch between things like Coaction/Cunning/Power Drift etc without penalising yourself.

I personally wouldn’t use Rush and would rather add up the STR mods with Jet stream on.

Intensify does have a use, and the only caveat would be Tailwind can become uncontrollable on smaller tile sets/closed areas with higher Power Strength. 

You could easily opt for Augur Message instead of one of the strength mods if you prefer duration etc. That’s obviously down to what you use the frame for at the time.

The particular build is balanced around the fact that you’re not crippling yourself with the negative effects of a corrupted mod for example. Also note, spamming powers isn’t something I’d recommend even with Arcane energise and Zenurik. Airburst and Tailwind are the only ones recastable at will, and of the two Airburst is ....less than stellar, to put it kindly.

I’m not sure what you’re fighting that a Vectis Prime needs Dead Eye to boost it - I’m going to suggest if you use a high Strength Jet Stream to try a Crit-Status Gas Lanka out, if you have a taste for Snipers. Have to make sure you zoom in for the added damage, and change out the Elemental combo if Gas isn’t workable against some high priority targets. It can be easily modded for Radiation if Eidolons are your intended use case.

Again bear in mind I’m guessing what you’re using your setup for, just some ideas for you to give a somewhat different perspective a try.

NB: You need a status effect from your weapons to trigger Growing Power. My Carrier Prime tends to proc it by itself most of the time with its Sweeper Prime built for Status, so I don’t need to mod any weapon specifically to trigger GP. Although I find it easy to keep GP active with the recent weapons rework, it’s still something to consider.

This is the build I use:

Spoiler

Is3VjJe.jpg

Redirection is optional. Since Zephyr Prime has a larger energy pool, I ditched (Primed) Flow.

I like using Rush over Jet Stream augment for a few reasons:

1) Most of the time I'm faster than my team when it comes to rushing through tilesets or I'm just looting somewhere. So they are not always within range to benefit from it.
2) Constantly increasing my projectile speed would ruin my aiming over time and maybe make me dependent on this. And I do like shooting stuff from great distances, even with projectile weapons like bows.

If you really wanna use Jet Stream with my build, you can just use Jet Stream over Redirection and Transient Fortitude over Overextended. You'll still have high duration and enough range for Turbulence as well as some bonus speed for Jet Stream. Aura and Exilus is player's choice.