Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So called endgame?

Berserk-King

8 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

That’s called basic gameplay not endgame 

You're right, but for a F2P game basic gameplay IS the end game. They can have some raid type mechanics or some super challenging missions but at the end of the day they're trying to make money, making money is getting people interested enough to play from the ground up, and the more "end game" content that seems out of reach the less likely people will stick with it. It sucks for the people who have been playing for awhile but we're all most likely at a point where in a F2P game we don't need to pay anymore so there isn't much incentive to keep us engaged vs trying to rope in new players.

Not saying it's right but it is what it is. I really hope they bring back trials in some form or another.

Do we need an Endgame? Not everything other games do fits warframe, like Trails, they were just terrible, or pvp, warframe is just a different game, a one of a kind, if we ever get an endgame it's probably not be something we are expecting it to be and honestly, if you can't think of some kind of endgame, you can't expect DE to think of one, it's not like they haven't been trying either.

Solo Sortie 3 Elemental Resistance Lephantis with Excalibur, mk1 Braton, mk1 Kunai, and mk1 Bo

I will honor a platinum bounty for those who could do such a feat

Edited by VengefulMaelstrom

Endgame is kind of whatever you want it to be.  

I try different builds and combinations all the time. So, that’s my endgame.  I take them to all of the hardest endless missions for each faction and see how well I can do.  In fact I don’t even have a favorite build anymore.  The last few months have been a real eye opener for me so far.  I have taken a hunch of frames and weapons I rarely used and really put them to the test. Some worked better than others, but it has been fun. 

Personally for me:

• index is endgame, it's my benchmark for weapon builds nowaday. Enemies are challenging enough to kill tennos, high armor+shield. Rewarding enough with high amount of credits so not really a waste of time.
  • rolling rivens, more than enough farm/grind + RNG slot machine, potentially rewarding
  • i fish too, a change of pace, casual imo
  • dojo decorating, seriously. But fk, spend way too much formas and galliums.
Edited by SunsetChaos

The game is so trivialized at this point that unless DE can implement some real mechanically challenging brand new content or completely reworks a/all gameplay and reward systems we can't expect to see endgame ever.

People need to get comfortable with the fact that it's a feel good game and caters very strongly to casuals with $150-$300 to blow on plat or PA. And that is a system that works (as a business model).

Edited by .chcesz.piwo.
Parenthesis content added

+1 for all!

vor 15 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

The forums are the true endgame.

I'm pretty sure, most use the forum when they are not... at home.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Screamlord_Star:

i collect rivens and primes, can't wait for endless kuva :)

I wonder if latter can live up to our expectations.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Stoner:

Endgame is when you have nothing to do in Warframe and realize you need to find another game to play. 

#truth

That's not the truth... it's the unaccepted truth :satisfied:

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Dwolfknight:

Do we need an Endgame? Not everything other games do fits warframe, like Trails, they were just terrible, or pvp, warframe is just a different game, a one of a kind, if we ever get an endgame it's probably not be something we are expecting it to be and honestly, if you can't think of some kind of endgame, you can't expect DE to think of one, it's not like they haven't been trying either.

The journey is the rewards... and looking pretty, along.

So what's Endgame and how could it look like?

Would you like fully scaled enemies as in Destiny 2? It would utterly destroy any sense of progression and mastery Warframe offers.

True challenge is based on skill, not your equipment
Some challenge themselves by going to the extremes the game actually can offer. They play hours of survival to finally face level 500+ enemies and see how far they can get.
This is something DE could implement very easily: create missions where you face enemies like that right away.

For me, endgame should test your skills (aiming, movement, tactical awareness etc.) and offer the chance for failure. Such endgame mission could be parcour challenges (with or without archwings, fighting missions or a combination of both.

Warframes and equipment for the mission should be predetermined, offering no way to cheese the challenge with a "perfect" build.

Rewards should be vanity items only: special skins, attachments, decorations, ships. No need to instill further envy to less skilled players with better weapons and equipment.

Just gonna go ahead and drop my response to this exact question (2 years ago) on reddit

This is how I perceive the "endgame": -Get all basic mods (Serration, Redirection, Vitality)

-Get all Corrupted mods (Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Transient Fortitude)

-Pick a (good) loadout and forma the crap out of it

-Use loadout to complete the starchart (it's a lot of free mastery)

-Join a clan and collect all clan research items.

-Collect all the blueprints of weapons you don't have from the market

-Unlock all warframes (that seem interesting to you)

-Get a kubrow you like (sentinels are boring and mainstream, yo)

-Run raids daily to get 10 of each arcane.

-Put a Greater Lens on Excalibur to Hyper Farm Focus on Draco

-Unlock the passives to your focus tree.

-Start a clan of your own.

-Invite a whole bunch of noobs to your clan and help them progress.

-Try to get REALLY good at PVP

-Try to run Sorties, solo, on an unorthodox warframe (not recommended from experience)

-If any part of the game seems interesting you, play it to an extreme. (Take Rescue as seriously as you want)

-Try a bunch of different playstyles (Melee-Berserker, Stealth-Sniper, Ability Spammer, Hyper support, Revive-Teleport-Jungle-Soraka)

T4 and Sorties will only take you so far, endgame is about surrounding yourself with a ton of stuff to do.

Edited by Aura

18 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The true endgame is [snip] where you dump platinum and/or kuva into weapons [snip] that you never see in everday gameplay.

Snipped out a few words and now it works for me.
Some hipster gene in me finds fun in building unpopular weapons or commonly considered weak and try my best to make it work.

Edited by saradonin

I don't think warframes gameplay compliments having an extremely difficulty endgame. Endgame for Warframe is about the grind, NOT the challenge. It's about completing a difficult arcane set, not fighting level 200 enemies. High level content is just there to test the gear you've earned, not to make you fail.