Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disrespectul attitude.

dwqrf

I want to ask the opinions of the many about an issue that happened.

I've witnessed a stream of a relatively new warframe player being really obnoxious to viewers. Differing opinions, the discussion became heated. His attitude was way out of line. He got, of course, reported on the streaming plateform, and may be suspended for his coarse language.

But what should happen to this player on the game ? He did report, live, some of the player arguing with him, both on the streaming plateform, AND on the game, for no other apparent reasons than refusing supposing being wrong.

I was really saddened to see this attitude on such a generally friendly game, with such a great community. This was definitely the worst experience i've had from watching and helping new streamers.

This is the internet. Not everyone is all dandy. If you see someone being rude or disrespectful, there are plenty of resources to report players; whether it be on Twitch, Warframe, The Warframe Forums, Warframe Subreddit, or other websites/platforms.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I understand, but does a warframe streamer deserves to be reported on warframe support for his attitude towards other players, being not players at that moment, but viewers ?

I'd be shocked if DE didn't provide some way of reporting partners for poor behaviour. 

I don't think that he deserves to be reported for his attitude towards other players, if he's purposely harassing other players then yeah he deserves to be reported but from what i read in the OP, he only got into an "argument" with his viewers. It's his stream, if people didn't like his attitude, they could've easily clicked it away. 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'd be shocked if DE didn't provide some way of reporting partners for poor behaviour. 

He means for something off platform though. Of course in game DE will take action on, but does having an argument on Twitch with someone else (unless it'd be something EXTREMELY heated or toxic), count towards DE taking action?

I mean, if he was a partner I would of course expect undoing the partnership, but otherwise?

1 minute ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I don't think that he deserves to be reported for his attitude towards other players, if he's purposely harassing other players then yeah he deserves to be reported but from what i read in the OP, he only got into an "argument" with his viewers. It's his stream, if people didn't like his attitude, they could've easily clicked it away. 

Basically this. All streaming platforms I can think of already have tools in place, so as long as it's on there that company is the one who has to take action.

Unless, as I said, it was something completely blown out (imagine someone wishing death on his viewers repeteadly).

Edited by NightmareT12

6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I understand, but does a warframe streamer deserves to be reported on warframe support for his attitude towards other players, being not players at that moment, but viewers ?

I suggest going to the top of the forum page and using the Community Inbox. Just ask what you're supposed to do in this kind of situation and someone from the team will answer. Be clear when explaining what exactly happened otherwise they won't be able to help you.

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

He means for something off platform though. Of course in game DE will take action on, but does having an argument on Twitch with someone else (unless it'd be something EXTREMELY heated or toxic), count towards DE taking action?

I mean, if he was a partner I would of course expect undoing the partnership, but otherwise?

Breaking the partnership would be the only thing they could, or should, do.

Telling someone how to conduct their stream isn't DE's job, but choosing who they put their name with is.

If he's not a partner, then why should anything happen to him in-game for what happens on twitch?

You say he reported players in-game for a streamchat argument. That's about the only thing that could potentially get him in trouble in this situation, if abusing the report system is a punishable offense. Otherwise DE doesn't really have any grounds to do anything, and therefore shouldn't do anything. No matter how crappy this guy might be.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I'd be shocked if DE didn't provide some way of reporting partners for poor behavior. 

Given that one partner advertises glitches and exploits, and other partners can be quite toxic on social media/streams, I assume DE could care less the actions of partners with past precedent. I am not going to shame particular partners because it is against the Forums ToS, but there are multiple Reddit posts and Imgur albums of quite toxic partner behavior. Reporting them is possible to [DE]Taylor/[DE]Aidan, but whether they are reprimanded is a different can of worms.

Honestly, there are people on this forum that are so unnecessary nasty that I wish I could reach through the screen and give 'em a five-piece in the neck. But I have never reported any of them! NOT ONE!

I would report someone that was stalking me and putting out my personal information. I'd report someone that made death threats. But someone talking smack, I just move on.

4 hours ago, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

OTOH, not everyone can spend 24/7 playing the game, and like learning about it from various sources.

never said i play 24/7 but ok.

i have a life that's away from keyboard you see.

I still need to clarify the point : If someone make a false report, in game, for "fun", or "fame", to warframe support, while streaming it, what sanctions should be made ?

Also, people are saying the warframe community is salty. That's wrong ; the tip of the iceberg, aka the people whining and complaining are the loudest, and definitely the most present on the forum or such. But silent discret players tend to be nice and welcoming.

24 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I still need to clarify the point : If someone make a false report, in game, for "fun", or "fame", to warframe support, while streaming it, what sanctions should be made ?

Your point is clear, but it's not up to us to determine how DE handles these cases, nor should it be. If you want something to happen, contact DE. I doubt you'll get anything done by doing so, but you have a much better chance doing that than you do by making a thread on the forum. Because we can do literally nothing here.

Just now, dwqrf said:

I agree, we cannot do anything. And that's also the point, i'm not sure anything needs to be done. But as i'm not sure, I'm calling here for advices.

Then my advice is this: Let it go. It's not your problem unless you make it your problem.

Most game companies have a policy against false reports, and if they can verify that it is a false report, then the guy is likely to get whatever action is outlined in the company policy, since it's a report against another player. If a recording exists, then the victim of this false report can direct DE support to it. None of this requires you to do anything, unless you are the one who is targeted.

No, i'm not the one being targeted. As stated, i'm just a witness. That's the thing; as a witness, of something way out of line, what are my duties ?

(None ; let it pass by, do nothing, wait until any form of staff member deals with it ?)

Edited by dwqrf

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

No, i'm not the one being targeted. As stated, i'm just a witness. That's the thing; as a witness, of something way out of line, what are my duties ?

(None ; let it pass by, do nothing, wait until any form of staff member deals with it ?)

this is warframe, if someone or something irritates you shoot it until it's dead and keep pressing on.