Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Disappointment

Demian_DeVile

So I finished all 5 Focus schools and now guess what I get - right Nothing - no 6th empty Focus path where I can free choose wich 2 of the 10 Passive Voide mode / Void dash and so I want --- No Operator Only Quest where I can get a Tenno or Orokin Design Operator Armor no Amp prime thing that boost stats of the Amps --- not even a "Master of Focus" trophy / Glyphe ---- So DE I am very Disappointed please add something for those who finish all 5 Focus schools 

Nah, hiding something behind such a grindwall would be bad. Warframe grinding is pretty casual-friendly. Most of the playerbase isn't completionist.

If they did set a reward for completing all focus schools, Focus would be Hema Research 2.0.

Edited by Guest

You made up something and then be disappointed that it doesn't go your way. I feel that no matter what DE gives you, you'd still be disappointed anyway because you keep expecting something that isn't there.

DE : You've finished all 5 schools! here is a secret 6th school!

You : Why there is no 7th school!? DE you are so disappointing!

Wow come on Games based on sense of achievment - so if you finished something in a Game you mostly get something for it and a Trophy and a Glyphe is enough for the absolut minimum - but get nothing don't give feeling of succes - the thing of the 6th focus school is just a suggestion and nothing I insist 

Edited by Demian_DeVile

23 minutes ago, GRiMtox said:

So, around 0.05% of the overall playerbase?

I have no idea what the official stats look like, but I daresay it's a lot, like, A LOT more.

I'm not exactly a hardcore grind fan, but it took me a bit under a month of running Adaro stealth exterminate (1-2 times a day) and hunting Tridolons (1-2 night cycles a day weekdays, 3-4 on weekends) to max out every single school - and I'm not even at 300 captured Hydrolysts, while there are people with over 500 caps, which would mean they maxed it out a loooong time ago. Now Focus is something that keeps accumulating without any point whatsoever. With Affinity you can at least add a Forma or build another warframe to Forma it differently. WIth Focus it just sits there. 

Edited by Reifnir

48 minutes ago, Demian_DeVile said:

So I finished all 5 Focus schools and now guess what I get

Sure, this sounds like a fun game. let's guess what you got:

Five full schools worth of abilities that can be used to further boost the effectiveness of any role you choose to play in any mission type, and furthermore, a major boost to your accessibility to any operator-centric content.

Madurai for any role that focuses around doing massive damage.

Vazarin for any frame that relies on affinity range for any of its abilities.

Naramon for any melee-centric playstyle.

Unairu as the support swissknife of any endurance run.

Zenurik for any caster role, or low-maintenance soloplay.

Not to mention, having at least 3 of the 5 schools is almost crucial for effectively taking part in Tridolon speedruns.

If you're the type that doesn't enjoy operator content and also would rather play with Zenurik's dash regardless of their role, that's perfectly fine, but at the same time that's simply your own choice. Complaining that you "got nothing after all the grind" is pretty much like putting the time and effort into dropping 6 - 8 formas on a gun that you don't even intend to use, and then saying you're "disappointed" that the game didn't reward you with a sense of pride and accomplishment for it. So the fact that you're missing out on the benefits of having access to all five schools is on you, not on DE.

You have every right to be disappointed... In yourself. For wasting your own time on grinding something you clearly didn't have any interest in.

P.S: I had Focus 1.0 maxed long before Focus 2.0 came out, and also maxed Focus 2.5 within the first month of its release. Yet, I'm actually glad that DE didn't hand me a "special snowflake award" on a golden platter for it, because that effectively would've meant using the focus grind to wall off some reward from the more casual side of the community. Even though I personally enjoyed the grind, many don't, and with how things currently are those who don't enjoy the focus grind can just unlock the handful of essentials and then completely ignore the rest of the grind. If there was any "special reward" locked behind the completion of Focus 2.5, any dedicated player - casual or not - would've practically been forced to go through the entire grind just for that final reward... and that's not a healthy practice for a videogame, and I'm glad DE didn't go down that route

Edited by aerelm

Well, I have 1200 hours logged and still not have finished one single school. Just because you decided to sacrifice a whole month to playing warframe simply for farming focus doesn't mean everyone is able or is willing to invest so much time in a nearly meaningless (outside of zenurik) "endgame activity".

1 minute ago, Demian_DeVile said:

Wow come on Games based on sense of achievement - so if you finished something in a Game you mostly get something for it and a Trophy and a Glyphe is enough for the absolut minimum - but get nothing don't give feeling of succes - the thing of the 6th focus school is just a suggestion and nothing I insist 

You're mistaking achievement with reward. What you really want is not achievement it's just reward. If you climb the everest without any gear or swim across pacific ocean that'll be an achievement. But if nobody promised you a reward for your achievement then you won't be getting any no matter what you do.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb GRiMtox:

So, around 0.05% of the overall playerbase?

with the release of tridolonds id say like 25% of the overall active playerbase
seriously it used to be a big deal
but now thanks to the tridolon we have a mr 11 guy in our clan who finished all 5 focus trees

41 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Nah, hiding something behind such a grindwall would be bad. Warframe grinding is pretty casual-friendly. Most of the playerbase isn't completionist.

If they did set a reward for completing all focus schools, Focus would be Hema Research 2.0.

Even if the reward was all about focus?

For example, being able to switch between completed focus schools on the run.

Edited by Ksaero

8 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Even if the reward was all about focus?

For example, being able to switch between completed focus schools on the run.

If it were available only after you completed ALL schools, then yes.

Now, if you were able to use this even if you only had two schools completed, then it would more of an incentive to complete all schools, instead of feeling forced to do so to unlock such feature.

Congratulations! You have unlocked a new skill!

Bragging Rights!

Description: Take and post screenshots of your maxed out focus schools to people who complain about the difficulty of focus grind and everybody else.

+1 Salt up to +5 for each focus school maxed

:thumbup::laugh:

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Weidro:

seriously it used to be a big deal
but now thanks to the tridolon we have a mr 11 guy in our clan who finished all 5 focus trees

I'd bet 1000 plat that we don't have 1.000.000 players with maxed out focus skill trees. More like 50.000 overall. But only DE could clear that up. :highfive:

37 minutes ago, Weidro said:

55 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

I'm not even at 300 captured Hydrolysts, while there are people with over 500 caps

Yes, but only people who have active clan or can be bothered to make group from recruiting run those. If you wanna know what I mean, go and do pub trio bounty. I would still bet majority of players try the bounties, get wrecked then ignore them completely. Only DE knows for sure though.

Edit: And if I'm right then it's same thing that happened to raids, vast majority just stops caring.

Edited by Patzer

*Looks at millions of unused focus points from maxed schools*

*Looks at millions of unused credits*

Yeah I think DE's gonna get right on this! /s

On one hand I know what OP means, it'd be nice to get something for having them all maxed. Like a convergence sigil/sekhara would be sick.

But please work on your wording for feedback, so it can be better received (Tone is a little "diva-ish").  

(I also wish the schools gave us a bit more mechanics to work with):

Spoiler

Edited by Synpai