The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

what is with the syntax in peoples speech today on here, i can't spell for S#&$ but at least i try to make sense. that being said im sorry but get over it this snowflake weapon crap it got old 4 years ago.

Edited by Arkadyc
Because i cussed and am fixing it

The drop rates in this mode are disgustingly bad. Like, what the hell? 

Spoiler
Void Onslaught (Easy)
Rotation A  
Khora Chassis Blueprint Rare (8.33%)
300 Endo Rare (9.17%)
Lith T1 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith N3 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith Z1 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith B2 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith C2 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith H2 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Lith S7 Relic Rare (9.17%)
Corpus Ship Freight Scene Rare (9.17%)
Grineer Sealab Centrifuge Scene Rare (9.17%)
Rotation B  
Synthetic Eidolon Shard Rare (7.69%)
Khora Neuroptics Blueprint Rare (7.69%)
300 Endo Rare (7.69%)
Meso N5 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso G1 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso T1 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso T2 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso N5 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso O2 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso G1 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso T1 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Meso T2 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Grineer Settlement Artillery Scene Rare (7.69%)
Rotation C  
Khora Systems Blueprint Rare (5.64%)
Khora Blueprint Rare (5.64%)
600 Endo Uncommon (15.49%)
Neo S7 Relic Rare (5.64%)
Neo K1 Relic Uncommon (15.49%)
Neo B4 Relic Rare (5.64%)
Neo M1 Relic Uncommon (15.49%)
Neo Z1 Relic Uncommon (15.49%)
Neo B2 Relic Uncommon (15.49%)

Void Onslaught (Hard)
Rotation A  
Khora Chassis Blueprint Rare (3.16%)
400 Endo Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith T1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith N3 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith Z1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith B2 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith C2 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith H2 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith S7 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lato Vandal Receiver Rare (2.01%)
Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene Rare (3.16%)
Lua Balcony Scene Rare (3.16%)
Rotation B  
Synthetic Eidolon Shard Rare (9.48%)
Khora Neuroptics Blueprint Rare (3.69%)
400 Endo Rare (9.48%)
Meso N5 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.69%)
Meso G1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.69%)
Meso T1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Meso T2 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Meso N5 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.69%)
Meso O2 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Meso G1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Meso T1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Meso T2 Relic (Radiant) Rare (9.48%)
Braton Vandal Barrel Rare (3.69%)
Braton Vandal Receiver Rare (3.69%)
Lato Vandal Blueprint Rare (2.01%)
Rotation C  
Khora Systems Blueprint Rare (3.16%)
Khora Blueprint Rare (3.16%)
750 Endo Uncommon (15.18%)
Neo S7 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Neo K1 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (15.18%)
Neo B4 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Neo M1 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (15.18%)
Neo Z1 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (15.18%)
Neo B2 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (15.18%)
Braton Vandal Stock Rare (3.16%)
Braton Vandal Blueprint Rare (2.01%)
Lato Vandal Barrel Rare (3.16%)
Peculiar Bloom Rare (3.16%)

Why are Khora and Vandal parts on SINGLE DIGITS drop rate? Why Khora parts drop rates LOWER on the Elite mode? Why some relics have a drop rate 5 times higher than everything else? Why some relics show up TWICE in the same table?

Do we really need yet another mode with 90% of the "rewards" being relics and some endo? This is literally just like Infested Salvage, once you get Nidus, you dont have any reason to do it anymore.

Barely managing to do 4 waves to get a shard that gives ONLY 5K FOCUS is insulting.

I think the general mode is decent, but I think a few things to make it more interesting would be cool as well. These are some tweaks and additions I think could benefit the mode.

All Factions Spawn - Rather than fighting a singular faction per Conduit, I think it would be far more interesting an unique if the enemies in a single conduit encounter could include all the factions at once. It would be fun to see how different enemies would interact when allied, and would fit with Simaris' simulation theme.

All Resources Drop - Similarly, I think it would be fun if any and all resources dropped by enemies across the starchart could randomly drop here as well. If resources needed to be dropped at a reduced rate, that would be a good middle ground.

Include Bosses - To break up the flow, including bosses as infrequent waves after every C rotation would be interesting. The exact implementation of these could vary. They could pause Efficiency decay, drop an additional rotation reward, exist as an optional second conduit after each C rotation, etc. Something to serve as a clear "benchmark" within the mode as opposed to just an endless stream of slaughter rooms.

Include Mini-Bosses - Alternatively / Additionally, having Warframe specters spawn as mini-bosses would be fun and cool. Have Simaris say something like "Hunter! Your data is most intriguing...Let us see which iteration of you performs better..." And then spawn a random specter, someone form your squad, or, as part of the lore of the mode, a Khora specter. These specters would not be QUITE as strong as players obviously, and should reward something like a synthetic shard on kill and/or a big efficiency boost or additional focus boost. Again, something to make the flow of the mode have more clear ups and downs in intensity as opposed to the continuous stream.

Really hope they increase the Eximus spawns or do something so we're not spamming 4 when the efficiency is 30% and continues to go down. Large maps kill efficiency. Maybe have the yellow orbs pop in on a timer or each orb increases the gains from Eximus kills.

8 minutes ago, StallordD said:

I think the general mode is decent, but I think a few things to make it more interesting would be cool as well. These are some tweaks and additions I think could benefit the mode.

All Factions Spawn - Rather than fighting a singular faction per Conduit, I think it would be far more interesting an unique if the enemies in a single conduit encounter could include all the factions at once. It would be fun to see how different enemies would interact when allied, and would fit with Simaris' simulation theme.

All Resources Drop - Similarly, I think it would be fun if any and all resources dropped by enemies across the starchart could randomly drop here as well. If resources needed to be dropped at a reduced rate, that would be a good middle ground.

Include Bosses - To break up the flow, including bosses as infrequent waves after every C rotation would be interesting. The exact implementation of these could vary. They could pause Efficiency decay, drop an additional rotation reward, exist as an optional second conduit after each C rotation, etc. Something to serve as a clear "benchmark" within the mode as opposed to just an endless stream of slaughter rooms.

Include Mini-Bosses - Alternatively / Additionally, having Warframe specters spawn as mini-bosses would be fun and cool. Have Simaris say something like "Hunter! Your data is most intriguing...Let us see which iteration of you performs better..." And then spawn a random specter, someone form your squad, or, as part of the lore of the mode, a Khora specter. These specters would not be QUITE as strong as players obviously, and should reward something like a synthetic shard on kill and/or a big efficiency boost or additional focus boost. Again, something to make the flow of the mode have more clear ups and downs in intensity as opposed to the continuous stream.

i already hate fighting level 100 sargas ruk in the sotries don't put it anywhere else please 

your second request is not really well sense able since were participating in a digital world the only rewards we get are what simarus gives us unless you think he should have a metric ton of idk alloy plates 

everything else seems fine with me

The game mode is rather unsatisfying.

1. Too many trash rewards
  2. Drops too sparse (make it one reward per zone)
  3. Instable gameplay, lots of crashes
  4. Efficiency too hard to handle with randoms groups. It should be able to get to C-Rotation with randoms without so much effort. Right now the only way to get there is a specialized clan team.

Before you say Reed he a speed runner let me say I love hour long survivals and I'm miffed that past wave 13 seems impossible for me in onslaught.

There should be a way to solo extract from all endless game modes, there I said it wow. But come on life happens and the risk you run by joining a public squad should be some one leaving not being held hostage with the choice of abandon life or abandon you loot.

I was just about to make a thread suggesting mini-bosses to help break the constant hordes.

I'd also like to see the cephalon tilesets be used - specifically ones like the entryway to the Sanctuary; destroyed, orange sky, Simaris watching over the battlefield. 

The game mode is rather unsatisfying.

• Too many trash rewards
  • Drops too sparse (make it one reward per zone)
  • Instable gameplay, lots of crashes
  • Efficiency too hard to handle with randoms groups. It should be able to get to C-Rotation with randoms without so much effort. Right now the only way to get there is a specialized clan team.
  • Caster-Frames that do rely on their abilities get the debuff of Simaris ability lock all the time.
    There are just some frames that do NEED their abilities. So don't forbid them to use them.

DE, please fix the stuff. We need this game mode to be viable.
Otherwise it will just become an game mode without any reason to play it.

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Efficiency too hard to handle with randoms groups. It should be able to get to C-Rotation with randoms without so much effort. Right now the only way to get there is a specialized clan team.

I got to wave 12 easily solo. You do not need even remotely competent people with you. Of course, this is for the normal version.

Are you meaning the Elite version is the problem? Aside from that one point, I totally agree. I got my Khora, I see no reason to carry on with the mode.

I have DC'd in four of the five attempts to play.  Unfortunately,

1.) I have received just about nothing for the time spent as when the game crashes or host changes the loot table goes blank.  Not sure if its supposed to be this way or not.

2.) The game is unstable when the gates open.  FPS appear to drop in 1/2 when the portal opens and when you go into a new map.

3.) I'm not sure if there is a calculation with the amount of spawns and efficiency or how its calculated but it should be based on the number of spawns per level and the time the spawns stay alive.

During the regular mode when playing equinox and I kill 20+ enemies in 1 shot it didn't move the efficiency at all.  It appears that mass killing at 1 time doesn't seem to give you efficiency.  Tried the same thing on Mag and it was the same thing. 

Have had this happen twice where the portal spawn on top of me.

I pass through, as normal. But when on the other side Simaris gets on the horn to inform me to get through the portal etc. etc.

Screen fades to white, can't see anything, game continues as normal, but obviously I can't contribute much as the screen is solid white.

"IF" you can find your way to the next portal using the minimap, you can continue, otherwise, that is essentially end of your run.

4 minutes ago, Grungy said:

During the regular mode when playing equinox and I kill 20+ enemies in 1 shot it didn't move the efficiency at all.  It appears that mass killing at 1 time doesn't seem to give you efficiency.  Tried the same thing on Mag and it was the same thing. 

It does feel like fighting lephantis with a 6 forma weapon.. you hit the damage cap and thats all you get.

They already made that change.  You can stay behind and extract by yourself.  Of course, its broken if the host is the one that stays behind, anyone that already went through gets a host migration that fails and they lose all their rewards, focus, affinity, etc.  In this case, the mediocre solution of having ordis mail you the mission rewards won't work because he wouldn't mail the focus gains.  ALL (focus/mission rewards/affinity etc) needs to be saved at the end of every level or the mode will always be horribly unreliable.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg

Dude i just want one drop table without endo. 18% for 400 endo.  2% for lato receiver. just get rid of the endo for once. you can get it literally anywhere else. either that or make it a reward per round instead of every other one. and yea i dont get the ability restrictions. you build your game around abilities then prevent people from using them, meanwhile you got mirage spinning around with atterax doing the same thing with no restrictions. you gonna limit slide attacks too? makes no sense, just ensures people will go spin to win or find some other way around the restriction. 

side note: tried octavia out, and as far as i can tell, mallet doesnt work at all in onslaught. it distracts but builds no damage, so they pretty much made her entirely useless for a single game mode. i feel like at that point its time to balance the fram instead of putting a band aid on it for one game mode. 

Hi, just some feedback. I enjoy the mode, a lot actually. I wanted to list some pros and cons.

Pros:
Lots of enemies to slaughter, even as a solo player.
Constantly changing so it doesn't get mindless, and quickly escalating in difficulty.
No stupid gimmick, just slaughter everything.
I love that there's no way to make it faster. Every round is a set amount of time, and nothing you do will change that. It's nice to be able to run different things without worrying about how fast and efficient you are, such as with modes like Excavation.

Cons:
Efficiency drain as a solo player: I've made it to around Zone 13 solo, and it's just not possible to get further. I'm killing everything as fast as they spawn, but I can't keep that meter up. I'm trying to find ways to go further solo, but so far have been unsuccessful.
The amount of Energy Leech Eximus's and similar enemies. There seems to be enough at higher levels that you just won't have any energy ever, which puts a bit of a damper on any strategy I can come up with other than "Melee and pray" once I hit around Zone 10. The only circumvent I've found so far is Hunter Adrenaline.
Mods that require you to stack affinity. Mods such as "Truth" mods seem to not work in the Sanctuary, and I'm not sure why. I know you gain affinity, as I brought a low level pet in to test it, but the mods don't charge. It put a serious damper on one of my strategies, which is melee speed Volt with a Burston Prime and it's augment mod. I run Vitality, and use the 'Truth' effect to heal myself up and keep me from dying, but it doesn't gain any charge at all for some reason.

Same happened to me a couple times although i'm not sure if the portal even spawned on top of me. Also the second time it happened the screen wasn't completely white, it was more like I had very thick fog all around me. In the meantime of them fixing the bug, I have also heard that letting yourself die and reviving fixes the glitch but I haven't got to test it out.

A preface: I'm a solo player and have been playing Onslaught solo and have had no crashes or DCs because of it, but I've been hearing ALOT of complaining from clansmates and forum-goers alike. So it may be a priority to fix that!

BUT ON TO THE MEAT OF THE TOPIC!

1. Playstyle

Sadly, it became very abundantly clear very early on that the optimal way to play the gamemode is simply spin to win. You've gotta kill as many enemies as you can, as quickly as you can, and the only way to do so efficiently is with a max-range polearm or an Atterax. My proposal is a change to the way efficiency is gained;

Enemies should give less efficiency, with the main method of regaining it being small tasks, randomized and/or dependent on the tileset. These tasks could be something like:

Collect (after dropping from a specific enemy, or scattered across the map and becoming available after some time) explosive charges to destroy enemy structures, each giving a large quantity of efficiency

Opening rifts to spawn mini-bosses (spectres) which will wreak havoc upon the player and other enemies around it. 

Simaris occasionally spawning in an object - be it a cache, a vault, or whatever that the player has to hack. Maybe throw in a curveball and have Simaris throw in a bomb that the player has to disarm.

Something like that - small, but enough to add a bit of heat when the player has to perform small tasks while surrounded by waves of enemies.

2. Rewards and rewarders!

Going from tile to tile, spamming that atterax can get real dull. So how about every 4 rooms - the reward rooms - when the counter reaches 0 the player ceases to lose efficiency and a small boss appears! Could be a spectre, could be a specimen Simaris buffed to heck, but it should be a legitimate foe for the player to face. I'd suggest instead of the usual invulnerability phase to keep it alive, making this thing bounce around like a big gun-wielding Kavat - much the same technique most Tenno use, eh? Once the mini-boss is down the portal opens, and all goes back to normal until the next boss room.

And on the subjects of rewards! I think it would be much more satisfying if we left the big rewards to every 4 rooms, but still offered relics, endo, and credits between every room. Even more, such as the captura rewards. This could help spread out the loot tables to quell many people's complaints of a dilluted loot table.

I understand these suggestions are ambitious, but I truly do believe this gamemode could be so much more than it is.

And that's it. Any feedback is appreciated!

Edited by Tiddlerdoo