Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I be spending plat on to be strong end game?

Medbot

Question

I've got about 910 plat currently and have just been spending it on cosmetics (which i'm always strongly tempted to do). I'm worried though that perhaps there's stuff that I should be buying to improve performance. I have enough reactors for all my war frames and possibly enough catalysts for my weapons. What else?

19 answers to this question

Plat is just for slots and cosmetics. Maybe some trading if you're willing to pay up but not willing to farm. Can't think of anything else that's really worth Plat. Certainly nothing on the Market >_>

Edited by Mcl_Blue

Buying Warframe and Weapons slots is always a good choice, you’ll always need those down the road. If you’re currently good on slots, then either save up your platnium or buy some other things you want, such as prime Warframes or something of that nature.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

save up loads of Plat

Buy Expensive "God Roll" rivens.

Get salty when the riven you bought is used for something that is hit by nerfs.

That's how to spend plat if you really have no idea.

Although 900 plat, do use it on cosmetics/slots/random useless arcanes (or Arcane Guardian which is really good)

Edited by Guest

The mods are what really determine power level. Obviously there are rivens, but even before that, there are mods that might help you reach further into endgame. Corrupted mods, primed mods, some of the augur or gladiator set mods, augments, drift mods. Do you have all of these? They can all, generally speaking, be farmed, but if you have a lot of plat and want to spend it, there are mods that can help.

Rivens are a real Buyer-Beware market - your 900 pt will flash-burn and you'll have one mod.

Better to spend that plat on:

1. Slots
  2. Prime sets not available for key warframes or weapons ONLY
  3. Mods with obscure/painful/unavailable drop sources which you can use now
  4. Basic color palattes (Saturated, Fire, Smoke) and other cosmetics
  5. Hold on to any plat you can

More poor players saying "slots!"  900p is a lot of plat.  Buy something nice for yourself.  You'll still have plenty of money for slots as needed, since you've probably figured out how make plat through trading.  

Rivens:  I recommend buying an unrolled riven for your favorite weapon with a neutral or better disposition and rolling it yourself.  Much cheaper.  "God roll" rivens are really only needed on faint disposition weapons since you need the exact right combination of stats to make the riven worth putting on a faint weapon at all.

Mods:  make sure your mod collection is complete and that you have the really rare but useful mods (Argon Scope, Maiming Strike, corrupted Warframe mods, the 60/60 electric mods, etc.)

MR Items:  rare or vaulted weapons and frames.  

Slots. Slots slots slots slots slots.

Okay, maybe some cosmetics, but only after you are sure that you have enough plat/slots for all current and coming weapons, frames, and stuffs.

If you want to buy mods, some of the best/most useful are just 10-20 pl a piece. Stuff that's 400+ pl is usually very limited (Dropped from an event/is a riven) and while they may be powerful, you can always find substitutes/alternative builds/strategies - their price comes in great part from the limited supply, and not just from their power.

Something like Blind Rage can be a good buy if you can't seem to get it from the vaults, and costs just 20 pl. Something like Maiming Strike is certainly powerful, but is it worth 300 pl? Probably not, since the acolytes will return at some point and you'll have a chance to farm your own, not to mention that you can totally live and kill without it.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

More poor players saying "slots!"  900p is a lot of plat.  Buy something nice for yourself.  You'll still have plenty of money for slots as needed, since you've probably figured out how make plat through trading. 

Whether or not 900 pl is a lot or not a lot depends on how you acquired it, what you have, and what you want with it, and how much effort/money you are willing to spend to get more plat.
If you don't already have lots and lots of slots, 900 pl isn't all that much. in a quick estimate, I have over 90 primary weapon slots, that have probably cost over 550 pl to acquire. And that's just primaries.

Then again, I like to keep all of my weapons and frames. If you are willing to sell those that you aren't currently using, you'll obviously need less slots.

Oh! Also, consider buying an affinity booster every now and then (or one for 30 days) - doubling your affinity really helps with focus farming, and when you are on a sprint to level up frames and weapons (that you aren't planning on actually using), it's nice to cut that time into half. Or a double resource booster if you really need some specific resource and are going to spend a good while farming for it, for several days.

Edit:
It depends a lot on how easy it is for you to acquire more credits. If you have a steady work and are willing and able to burn that 45 bucks or whatever the next time you get a large discount, then sure, buy what you want. If you won 1000 pl in a stream and can't buy more plat and don't feel like/haven't tried trading for plat, then spend it all on slots, and maybe some nice colors and a cool syandana. Maybe some useful mods you can't farm yourself, but still, I'd spend 80-90% of that on slots.

Edited by Tomppak

You don't need that many weapon slots and you don't need to keep every weapon, especially ones that you can build again easily.  A lot of weapons are strictly worse than others or just boring.  No need to keep them.  I'm MR 25 and I have 140 weapon slots total.  That's enough for about 50 formaed, sortie ready weapons (of which I use maybe a dozen regularly) and keeping every prime weapon or hard to get weapon.  Lately, I've been keeping every new weapon because I have so much plat I don't care. 

By the time you reach level 20 or so, you should have found a way to make platinum through trading or it becomes impossible (or expensive in real money) to continue to rank up.  Then you can expand your weapon collection and buy slots as needed.  There is no reason to stock up on weapon slots before you need them.  They never go on sale.  

OP, if you are less than level 12, set aside 160p for slot buying.  That will meet your needs for quite a while.  That's five new frame slots and ten weapons.  Keep in mind that most of the weapons you get now will be made obsolete by the stuff you get as your rank increases.  

On 2018-05-15 at 1:50 AM, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

You don't need that many weapon slots and you don't need to keep every weapon, especially ones that you can build again easily.  A lot of weapons are strictly worse than others or just boring.  No need to keep them.  I'm MR 25 and I have 140 weapon slots total.  That's enough for about 50 formaed, sortie ready weapons (of which I use maybe a dozen regularly) and keeping every prime weapon or hard to get weapon.  Lately, I've been keeping every new weapon because I have so much plat I don't care. 

By the time you reach level 20 or so, you should have found a way to make platinum through trading or it becomes impossible (or expensive in real money) to continue to rank up.  Then you can expand your weapon collection and buy slots as needed.  There is no reason to stock up on weapon slots before you need them.  They never go on sale.  

OP, if you are less than level 12, set aside 160p for slot buying.  That will meet your needs for quite a while.  That's five new frame slots and ten weapons.  Keep in mind that most of the weapons you get now will be made obsolete by the stuff you get as your rank increases.  

For sure. Although it's tough sometimes, I do sell some weapons after I max them out. Ether reaper for example was very sexy looking and fun to use, but it just wasn't viable for higher level enemies.

I'm considering selling my banshee prime to free up a slot after the nerfs. She's awful for survivability compared to my other frames, and her ultimate doesn't even kill anything. Even on medium-low level enemies her ground quake just makes them stumble around a bit.

9 minutes ago, Medbot said:

For sure. Although it's tough sometimes, I do sell some weapons after I max them out. Ether reaper for example was very sexy looking and fun to use, but it just wasn't viable for higher level enemies.

I'm considering selling my banshee prime to free up a slot after the nerfs. She's awful for survivability compared to my other frames, and her ultimate doesn't even kill anything. Even on medium-low level enemies her ground quake just makes them stumble around a bit.

There's still more to Banshee than Sound Quake, high range high strength Sonar can increase crit damage by about 12x +/- on hitting weakspots.

Imo. Banshee needs a rework at some point and a strong cc ability for ranged play for survivability, something like Nova's MP on charging Silence, Quake and RQ indeed feels redundant and should be reworked or scrapped, good for Hydron farming and low levels but that's all.

6 minutes ago, Medbot said:

Are all prime frames necessarily that good?

they get vaulted and therefore become very hard to farm again.

Hence keep them.