Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new normal for Sanctuary Onslaught is a Fail

Slayer_of_PCs

Now that more people have gotten Khora built it seems that Onslaught has become a level-leech mode. In 3/4 runs last night I had a squad member drop once their frame/weapon had been leveled.  That tanks our efficiency and ends before we get to a rotation C drop. It was just incredibly frustrating to spend 20m+ on a mission just to fail to get to the rotation you need because a squad member bailed. And, of course, there is no downside or repercussions for the leech. (I’m playing a decent Banshee build and literally watch people standing around me for 6 waves until they drop and F up my run..)

Anyone have recommendations for handling this? I don’t want to spend time trying to set up a clan run for Khora stuff. Mostly because I really don’t like social interaction. I think I’d just rather buy the frame and abandon Onslaught all together. 

Is there any suggestions for DE to mitigate this?

Thing is, many people are selfish like that. I'd drop out once my stuff is fully leveled unless specially requested to stay on. Since I play Saryn most of the time for Onslaught and use weapons with focus lenses, helping out to wave 8 is never an issue for me. But the motivation to go all the way is not high when you don't really have much to get from inside Onslaught anymore, other than using it to level weapons that you just formaed/build.

People dropping out of Onslaught is perfectly normal. Not everyone cares about Khora/Lato V/Braton V. You definitely need to LF a proper 8/16 wave onslaught squad if you want to stay that long.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

i believe it's 30 seconds.

i was referring to how long they may have to wait after maxing their gear.  Worst case for them is just under 3 minutes if they max it just at the very beginning of a new zone, they have to wait for the zone to end, then tack on the 30 seconds.  

5 минут назад, Datam4ss сказал:

Not everyone cares about Khora/Lato V/Braton V

indeed. i'm still missing... receiver? for Braton, but that's not a reason to enough to endure this game mode any longer.

especially with all these remarks about rats and stuff, i wonder if DE trying to send a message here. If so i hope it never happens again.

Edited by Kel_Silonius

TBH, onslaught is my new affinity farm for leveling gear. Still, i tend to be the last man standing more often enough. Alot of max level gear people drop as soon as they drop past 80% efficiency.

Personally, i've not found a particular group of people  to be more problematic than any other.

Well i use Onslaught elite sometimes for re ranking the weapons that just got an new forma

You don't think we gonna do every node over and over until weapon is reached 30

That would cost to much time

And besides its not only easyer to rank up weapons

but its an Leech pool for Equinox players aswell Focus farming

Not realy hating equinox but srsly if you only bring xp leechers to the topics then you should point out focus farming aswell

its not only 1 problem that EoS has

-- But its smarter to take an group from recruiting channel for an longer run and more stable fight scene,

then going public and you will end up with allot of stress :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Thing is, many people are selfish like that. I'd drop out once my stuff is fully leveled unless specially requested to stay on.

I only play warframe to level stuff, as i buy most frames and weapons.

While i dont think its selfish to drop out (any more than its selfish to demand people stay longer just because of something you want) I personally never quit (apart from those missions where the lag is so great your just suffering) a mission. Fight to the end. 🙂

Never give up, never surrender!

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

They just don't portal so at most they only have to wait a minute or so to bail.

This why every 2 waves if you stay behind it should maybe let you leave Seperate of the squad or the extraction pop up.

Recruit chat. Onslaught is the best place to level gear now.

If the person who bailed really didn't help at all, then they are a leech, but while I was putting formas on my Khora and Lato Vandal, I noticed that many fully geared people were just bad or leeching me. They simply didn't kill fast enough and the end of screen reward showed me as the one with the most, or second most, kills of the run with an underleveled khora and lato vandal (and I was getting to rotation C every time).

My method:

• Join a pub Onslaught
  • As soon as you load in, bring up the menu and see what the other players have equipped.
  • Unless they're all equipped with only level 30 gear, abort and try again.
  • Much quicker than waiting and waiting AND WAITING and staring at your screen dealing with Recruit chat for every single session.

16 minutes ago, MystMan said:

My method:

• Join a pub Onslaught
  • As soon as you load in, bring up the menu and see what the other players have equipped.
  • Unless they're all equipped with only level 30 gear, abort and try again.
  • Much quicker than waiting and waiting AND WAITING and staring at your screen dealing with Recruit chat for every single session.

sadly that only works on PC since on console there are far fewer people playing it. (and even fewer capable of elite).

4 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Well i use Onslaught elite sometimes for re ranking the weapons that just got an new forma

You don't think we gonna do every node over and over until weapon is reached 30

That would cost to much time

And besides its not only easyer to rank up weapons

but its an Leech pool for Equinox players aswell Focus farming

Not realy hating equinox but srsly if you only bring xp leechers to the topics then you should point out focus farming aswell

its not only 1 problem that EoS has

-- But its smarter to take an group from recruiting channel for an longer run and more stable fight scene,

then going public and you will end up with allot of stress :facepalm:

As a focus farmer I still go as far as I can without dropping out.  Because I'm not a jerk and because I'm willing to get beat up by a challenging level if it means I get more focus. 

The game needs a built in mechanism to keep people from screwing each other, plain and simple.  

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

sadly that only works on PC since on console there are far fewer people playing it. (and even fewer capable of elite).

I use only my melee and abilities to get to level 9 or so, so in some cases you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I don’t think it is necessarily people being selfish or screwing each other over... I think the Onslaught mode has three distinct target audiences: the gear levelers, the Khora farmers, and the focus farmers. The gear levelers bail first then Khora farmers at 8... I’d complained about that without ever considering my squad mates might want to go as far as possible beyond 8 for focus. It makes you think- or it makes me think anyway.  

I suppose this is what you get when players with different goals use the same mode. I guess I have to *sigh* use chat and interact with hoomans to get in a squad with the same goals. Damn you DE for making me interact socially!!!! 

[edit] I know this is a squad-based coop game. Just want DE to make player coordination less mandatory for each run.

Edited by Slayer_of_PCs
Just because