The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Khora back into elite loot table

Educated_Beast

I was happy playing elite and passively searching for Khora with the lower drop chances.  Now I am literally falling asleep in normal mode.  The game mode is so boring and unchallenging.  I try to forma frames but I don't have any projects to work on.  The mob levels are to low.  I do not want to play normal, I enjoy the elite game mode, which also typically goes to wave 8.  

Normal goes to wave 8 once every 5 or so games.  Most of the time, the host leaves early.  I really do not know why, maybe he has blueprint already and only need helm, maybe they are falling asleep.  Hell, I don't know but I rarely get a full run in normal mode.  When host leaves, you lose standing gained to that point.  A few possible solutions:

• Double the drop rate of Khora parts in normal (I've been running at least 1 run per day since release, usually two and still missing helmet but I have 16 systems!).  
  • Remove the goofy endo in elite and add Khora parts instead.
  • Change loot table from A, A, B, C (repeat), to A, A, B, C, B, C (repeat) - THIS WILL REWARD LONGER MATCHES VERSUS LEAVING EARLY
  • Make parts tradable
  • Allow players to set level of mobs in normal mode so its identical to elite
  • Allow players to buy parts from market at prorated price (have 3 of 4 parts)

I'm MR25 with all frames.  I've never had more trouble collecting a frame than I do with Khora (Ivara and Equinox where much easier and less grindy to obtain).  Not only is it hard to find, it is very boring.  I'm so sick of "fighting" low level mobs.  I just want to finish it so I can play the game.  This just feels like work, no fun.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

6 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

hange loot table from A, A, B, C (repeat), to A, A, B, C, B, C (repeat) - THIS WILL REWARD LONGER MATCHES VERSUS LEAVING EARLY

If they do it in OS, they have to do it with the other endless types. So this is unlikely to happen. I think it is a good idea (for all endless), but I cannot see it happening. Perhaps A-A-B-B-C-C would be more appropriate?

7 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Make parts tradable

It is not a prime, or special variant, so this would not work.

7 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Double the drop rate of Khora parts in normal (I've been running at least 1 run per day since release, usually two and still missing helmet but I have 16 systems!).  

You are staying too long. You only need to go to wave 6. If you stay to 8, you are just wasting your time. You are better off leaving after wave 6.

10 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Remove the goofy endo in elite and add Khora parts instead.

Endo is more useful to me than Khora parts. Anyone who has Khora would hate this. We would just be getting useless junk. Khora should stay in Normal only. Why? Because the main point in normal mode is to farm Khora. Everyone else did it, why should DE change it now?

i understand what you're saying but i prefer to not have Khora there since i'm there basically to get extra Focus to have 1 Billion in every tree and for Radiant Void Keys.
so for the Mission Rewards, i'm only there for Void Keys and removing Khora meant more of them.

i don't want changing the Reward Pool ordering in Onslaught to happen either - what's good about Onslaught is that i can get ALL Void Keys, and Traces, without having to play 20 different Missions that nobody is playing and to be forced to AFK in Lv1 Missions.
so i like it how it is.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

If they do it in OS, they have to do it with the other endless types. So this is unlikely to happen. I think it is a good idea (for all endless), but I cannot see it happening. Perhaps A-A-B-B-C-C would be more appropriate?

It is not a prime, or special variant, so this would not work.

You are staying too long. You only need to go to wave 6. If you stay to 8, you are just wasting your time. You are better off leaving after wave 6.

Endo is more useful to me than Khora parts. Anyone who has Khora would hate this. We would just be getting useless junk. Khora should stay in Normal only. Why? Because the main point in normal mode is to farm Khora. Everyone else did it, why should DE change it now?

You have to stay to 8 for BP

Endo drops everywhere, removing it from elite would have no effect.  Anyone with Khora parts already would be getting a 3.5K credit cache.  

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

that's the whole point, they're pushing you to pay 

Perhaps but that's horrible.  I've never paid for a frame, always managed to get them.  After I've collected 3 of 4 parts, I'm definitely not going to pay for whole thing (I would buy a component).  I'm not some cheapass that's never supports DE; I have bought platinum for cosmetics, trades, slots, etc. many times.  Buying a frame because horrible grind (worse ever, no other frame is this bad) sets a bad example.  

I'd prefer to get the game mode fixed.  I am not exaggerating when I say I'm falling asleep playing.  It is boring.  That's horrible marketing for sales.  

At least allow players to increase mob level on normal to make it equivalent to elite. 

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Screw that, I only play elite, after the 100th khora drop instead of a Vandal Part, you'll be getting sick as hell of them.

Like I'm sick of endo, I'd rather get those parts for credit sales and play elite only myself.  I've been stuck playing normal since they swapped it.  I play everyday and still have not completed this horrible grind.  It now feels impossible, that makes me want to give up the game.  This grind is to much.  

1 hour ago, Educated_Beast said:

(I've been running at least 1 run per day since release, usually two and still missing helmet but I have 16 systems!)

19 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

You have to stay to 8 for BP

You said you are missing the helmet. The helmet drops on rotation B - so, wave 6. If the helmet is not the bit you are missing/others are missing too, I would suggest you edit your post. The BP does drop on 8, yes. But from your post, I got that you were missing the Neuroptics/helmet. Not knowing the correct drop location for the item you claim to be missing is a fantastic way to make people completely disregard your argument. 

Edited by krc473

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You said you are missing the helmet. The helmet drops on rotation B - so, wave 6. If the helmet is not the bit you are missing/others are missing too, I would suggest you edit your post. The BP does drop on 8, yes. But from your post, I got that you were missing the Neuroptics/helmet. Not knowing the correct drop location for the item you claim to be missing is a fantastic way to make people completely disregard your argument. 

My son plays to.  He is missing BP, I'm missing helm.  When we play, we mostly play together, so, I get stuck going to 8 as well.  

Regardless, who gives a S#&$.  Going to wave 6 in normal sucks.  It is life draining boring.  This is no longer a game, its like a bad job you don't enjoy.  I cannot excuse DE for this BS.  Typically they create content that casuals can obtain in a reasonable time.  Money is made (from me) by cosmetics, slots, etc.  I've never had to buy a frame because the grind is so mind-numbingly boring I am thinking of quitting my 4-year old account.  If DE is going to make items so boring to farm you want to give up and pay, I'm out.  

This is a game meant to be fun.  I've never had to buy a non-prime frame and I never will.  There is many ways to fix this trash in addition to the few I mentioned.  At least make the dam game mode fun by putting it back into elite.  

29 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Like I'm sick of endo, I'd rather get those parts for credit sales and play elite only myself.  I've been stuck playing normal since they swapped it.  I play everyday and still have not completed this horrible grind.  It now feels impossible, that makes me want to give up the game.  This grind is to much.  

So acquire a new way of doing things, eg. forget about Khora, just do 1 onslaught a day, then do other stuff, or grind out prime items and sell them for the plat to buy Khora, there is always other methods.  

Absolutely not.  No thank you.  F this idea directly to hell.  NO NO NO.

I do not want your useless parts dropping where I farm actual rewards, that's basically a slap in the face every time I get one after grinding through 12 rounds of ESO.

No ty, not now, not ever.

Farm it or pay for it, I don't care, but don't mess with the actual rewards tables for end game content players.

Why would I want to get a piece of garbage I can sell for 3.5k credits that I can make picking trash off the ground with a vacuum when I could have a part that sells for 100p, or even if I just get a generic trashy radiant I can still probably sell whatever I unlock for 5 or 10p or put it in a set for 100p?

NO NO NO.  GET OUT.

ESO is endgame content.  If you don't have Khora yet then you haven't farmed or paid enough plat to be there, TYVM.  And what's 300p anyway?  I make that on a bad night of trading and you could too if you bothered to try to learn how.

The thing you may want to ask for is to increase her drop rate, which they probably will once a new frame gets released.  DO NOT INFECT ESO ENDGAME WITH YOUR GARBAGE.  

Either farm it or pay for it, but don't ruin the rest of the game because the drop rate is bad, and that's the real issue, it takes too long to farm khora.  Once her hype dies she'll be just another garbage frame and people will whine enough to get her drop rates fixed to be more reasonable.  Until then suffer and like it 🙂

Edited by Klokwerkaos

9 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

So acquire a new way of doing things, eg. forget about Khora, just do 1 onslaught a day, then do other stuff, or grind out prime items and sell them for the plat to buy Khora, there is always other methods.  

This last week I'm playing less and less.  I play onslaught, get nothing but trash relics or endo I don't need, log off.  Didn't even play yesterday, just giving up.

I have over 3K plat on my account.  I'm never going to buy an item because the developer makes it to boring to play for it.  Neither should anyone, you are encouraging trash programming.  I've played this game a very long time, this is the worst it has ever been.  

It can be fixed very easy.  We don't need endo in elite, that seems like the easiest solution. After a while, endo is similar to nanospores.  Need endo, play normal until your ready.  Endo drop = 3.5K credit drop, same thing. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

2 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

This last week I'm playing less and less.  I play onslaught, get nothing but trash relics or endo I don't need, log off.  Didn't even play yesterday, just giving up.

I have over 3K plat on my account.  I'm never going to buy an item because the developer makes it to boring to play for it.  Neither should anyone, you are encouraging trash programming.  I've played this game a very long time, this is the worst it has ever been.  

It can be fixed very easy.  We don't need endo in elite, that seems like the easiest solution. After a while, endo is similar to nanospores.  Need endo, play normal until your ready.  Endo drop = 3.5K credit drop to me, same exact thing.  

disagree.  Endo is plat.  If you don't know that you're doing it wrong.

8 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

My son plays to.  He is missing BP, I'm missing helm.  When we play, we mostly play together, so, I get stuck going to 8 as well.

That makes more sense.

9 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Going to wave 6 in normal sucks.  It is life draining boring.  This is no longer a game, its like a bad job you don't enjoy. 

In all honesty, I feel exactly the same way about EOS too. It is less interesting than watching grass grow (and about as rewarding). For me, the entire game mode is a no go. I got my Khora on the first day (yay for bugs!). I have basically not been back. I do not have the Vandal parts, but they are simply not worth the trouble. I do not care what they add to the OS game modes, I am unlikely to get it. The wiki suggests that you have to do 144 runs to get the BP, and another 144 to get the systems (each run is 20 mins each, so 96 hours of grinding). This is "totally reasonable"... DE really should do something to fix it. Adding it to EOS is not the answer. Doubling the drop rate might be a step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Klokwerkaos said:

How is Endo plat? I have so much endo the endo rewards are negligible. I have have more statues than I could ever need. For me, Endo is trash. It absolutely is not plat.

1 minute ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I don't have the time to be ranking and selling mods.  I'd rather just buy plat than trade for it.  I've never had to buy a non-prime frame before.  Its not just that the drops are horrible, the actual game mode is horrible.  I can forma my frame and run through it without any risk.  Everything melts so fast there is no fun to be had.  

Besides there are so many other ways to obtain endo.  It is so abundant removing it from one game mode would have very little effect but would remove the grind.  

This is not my favorite solution either, but I doubt they will increase the drop rate, make parts sellable from simarus for rep, etc.  The grind is to bad to invite friends to play.  Friends wouldn't do that to friends.  

DE needs to do something.  I liked passively grinding for it in elite and disappointed they removed it.  

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The wiki suggests that you have to do 144 runs to get the BP, and another 144 to get the systems (each run is 20 mins each, so 96 hours of grinding).

The wiki's numbers are in zones, not runs, so divide by 8 for the C rotation runs.  Even then, it's still wrong because it's assuming you'll throw away any Systems you get while farming for the BP, and vice-versa.

When you consider all four pieces together, it will take you an expected average of 32 runs (11 hours) to get a full Khora set, with 90% confidence at 54 runs (18 hours).  This means that 1 in 10 players will spend 18 hours or more, some spending much more.  On average Khora is the most time consuming grind for any non-prime warframe, and it only gets grimmer when you get into the outliers.  It's probably a more efficient use of your time to do Eidolon runs for plat.

3 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Normal goes to wave 8 once every 5 or so games.  Most of the time, the host leaves early. 

I've heard some kind of superstition going around that if you don't get a Chassis on Rotation A then you won't get any other parts.  It's crap, but it shows you what this kind of experience does to people's common sense.

3 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Double the drop rate of Khora parts in normal

A 5% drop after 20 minutes for a warframe part is something we haven't seen since the old Void Key system, and those were prime parts and tradable.  Doubling the drop rates would cut the expected average number of runs in half, down to 16, with 90% confidence at 26, which would be a good start, and possibly an acceptable compromise with other mission-rewarded frame parts, whose drop rates tend to be in the 20-30% range.  

Normal Onslaught should be for Khora acquisition, with a "reasonable" drop rate, after which you graduate to Elite

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I don't have the time to be ranking and selling mods.  I'd rather just buy plat than trade for it.  I've never had to buy a non-prime frame before.  Its not just that the drops are horrible, the actual game mode is horrible.  I can forma my frame and run through it without any risk.  Everything melts so fast there is no fun to be had.  

Besides there are so many other ways to obtain endo.  It is so abundant removing it from one game mode would have very little effect but would remove the grind.  

This is not my favorite solution either, but I doubt they will increase the drop rate, make parts sellable from simarus for rep, etc.  The grind is to bad to invite friends to play.  Friends wouldn't do that to friends.  

DE needs to do something.  I liked passively grinding for it in elite and disappointed they removed it.  

If you habe all the plat you can buy then go buy the frame... This is ridiculous.  I'm out of this awful thread of gripe

They should honestly buff Khora's drop rates in normal by at least some percentage, because as it is so far, it's probably in top three list of frames that are the biggest pain in the arse to get. The drop rates are identical with Ivara, I believe, but even Ivara's not as bad to get if only for the capability to play different types of spy missions and getting a couple of people together to run separate spy rooms at the same time. In the case of onslaught, it's just killing a mass of things over and over and over again. If you need systems or blueprint? Have fun dumping 20 minutes for a chance to get one. 5.64%. Have fun. There's no other rewards to look for in normal onslaught either. That, and the game mode is still occasionally bugged, to the point where it forces people to quit early before they had a chance to get the parts they may have wanted. You can't even sometimes risk bringing things to level, if only because people leave early and you're left with someone else who can barely kill things, thus risking chances getting to the zone you need. 

Frankly, to a degree I believe it's just DE attempting to artificially keep the drop rates low to tempt people to buy the frame with platinum. They were already pushing it with Nidus and Harrow by putting the parts into game modes that were quite honestly a snoozefest or just a chore, but Khora's just taking it to an extreme with having the drop rates so low *with* a game mode that's just straight up boring.

I personally started despising the hell out of onslaught in general after the nonsense of attempting to get the vandal parts. You think Khora's bad? Try 2% drop rate for some parts. The positives are at least the fact that I can sell any spares and buy what I needed, but just having the drop rates so low and having them dropped even harder with adding peculiar mods... well, it's no fun. The only times I'm now running onslaught is for focus, but even that's starting to become a chore. Needing to pick specific frames to make sure that I both get focus and keep up efficiency until zone 8, it's just straight up boring and it's one sure way to make people despise the hell out of the game mode. 

The drop tables for everything onslaught related is terrible.

Khora parts too low

The same relics again and again week after week.  How many radiant Z1's does one person need?

The drop rates for scenes is too high - so few ppl care about them anyway

The drop rates for peculiars is too high (i.e. >0.0%)

the drop rates for vandals - well 2% on rot c is fine if you only needed ONE part for each from there - but braton has 2 buried in there.  Any higher, and once you have vandals you'd never want to go back to ESO since it'd feel like that's all you ever got  (I have over 20 braton barrels and can't give them away)

Although it could be argued once you have vandals, you've done so much grinding in ESO you never want to see that game mode again period.

All in all, the biggest issue is that its 20min to get to rot c - and before ppl say well that's the same as survival, at least in survivals you get mods, resources etc, so its not the same. 

17 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I was happy playing elite and passively searching for Khora with the lower drop chances.  Now I am literally falling asleep in normal mode.  The game mode is so boring and unchallenging.  I try to forma frames but I don't have any projects to work on.  The mob levels are to low.  I do not want to play normal, I enjoy the elite game mode, which also typically goes to wave 8.  

Normal goes to wave 8 once every 5 or so games.  Most of the time, the host leaves early.  I really do not know why, maybe he has blueprint already and only need helm, maybe they are falling asleep.  Hell, I don't know but I rarely get a full run in normal mode.  When host leaves, you lose standing gained to that point.  A few possible solutions:

• Double the drop rate of Khora parts in normal (I've been running at least 1 run per day since release, usually two and still missing helmet but I have 16 systems!).  
  • Remove the goofy endo in elite and add Khora parts instead.
  • Change loot table from A, A, B, C (repeat), to A, A, B, C, B, C (repeat) - THIS WILL REWARD LONGER MATCHES VERSUS LEAVING EARLY
  • Make parts tradable
  • Allow players to set level of mobs in normal mode so its identical to elite
  • Allow players to buy parts from market at prorated price (have 3 of 4 parts)

I'm MR25 with all frames.  I've never had more trouble collecting a frame than I do with Khora (Ivara and Equinox where much easier and less grindy to obtain).  Not only is it hard to find, it is very boring.  I'm so sick of "fighting" low level mobs.  I just want to finish it so I can play the game.  This just feels like work, no fun.  

I've been trying for the past three weeks a few hours per day to get the Khora BP... I have so many duplicate parts of every other part it ain't even funny. Drop rates for Khora all in all are total crap and she is THE WORST Warframe to farm since Equinox. And Equinox had 8 parts to farm- or was it 6?- and that was easier and less dull than this pathetic excuse of of wannabe Whiplash/pet hybrid 'frame.

Anyway to topic:

-Doubling the drop rate of Khora parts in regular Onslaught would be a step in the right direction. I ain't paying over 300 platinum for a Warframe I won't use beyond master fodder.

-Removing endo drops in Elite Onslaught would be good too but do not add Khora parts to that, keep Khora strictly to regular Onslaught.

-Hmm not sure about the rotation change but that'd likely be a decent start too.

-Khora is not a prime nor is she special, DE just needs to double if not TRIPLE her drop rate and stop "encouraging" us to buy that crap 'frame.

-Setting the level of mobs in normal mode to match elite mode would be pointless as that would then give DE an excuse to mix all the drop tables into one mode. No more hassle of another aggravating grind please.

-Hmm perhaps not buy parts from the market for Khora but trade duplicate parts to a market dropbox for the one you need, if DE really won't budge of Khora part drop rate improvement.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco