The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora is just another Nidus

Atekron

I finally try to play Khora, and, well, topic title - she is just copy/paste of Nidus.

Their first and second abilities for the most parts identical: grab enemies by second and destroy by first, using other weapons, except first ability, - not welcoming.

Their third and fourth are somewhat different, but they serve similar purpose - give them some kind of survivability.

I do not like that those frames discourage me from using weapons and rarely play Nidus and not see myself enjoying Khora. 

Funny thing is - people love Nidus and hate Khora, but it's the same frame, just themed slightly differently.

Edit:

some people are offended that I did compare Nidus to Khora, so should I change title to: "Khora is cheap copy of Nidus from Aliexpress"?

Edited by Atekron

what server are you on? everyone i know hates nidus and some even sold it knowing full well they can't get him again(except with plat) while they praise khora like the second coming of excal prime

Edited by janjandark

So it's copy paste, but 2 out 4 abilities are completely different, while the ones who are similar don't function the same either? 

Nidus is not unique on having damaging1, there are more frames that have it. Her 2 is also much better than his Larva because it pulls enemies multiple times, it can be casted while one is already active, it buffs damage and now it affects every enemy no matter the LoS. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I finally try to play Khora, and, well, topic title - she is just copy/paste of Nidus.

Their first and second abilities for the most parts identical: grab enemies by second and destroy by first, using other weapons, except first ability, - not welcoming.

Their third and fourth are somewhat different, but they serve similar purpose - give them some kind of survivability.

I do not like that those frames discourage me from using weapons and rarely play Nidus and not see myself enjoying Khora. 

Funny thing is - people love Nidus and hate Khora, but it's the same frame, just themed slightly differently.

The reason people like one and dislike the other is that Nidus has better survivability, better damage, better CC, and better healing. He is better in literally all of their shared aspects.

That said, I think Khora could easily be brought up to Nidus's level with a few tweaks, such as making her 2 properly propagate, as in any enemy it affects can spread it to other enemies, and making her 4 work better with the landscape/geometry.

2 minutes ago, janjandark said:

what server are you on? everyone i know hates nidus and some even sold it knowing full well they can't get him again(except with plat) while they praise khora like the second coming of excal prime

Where are you playing? Most of the players I know that have an opinion on Nidus either say he is amazing or say that he could be amazing if there was content actually geared towards him. I don't know anyone who would sell him.

That said, I mostly deal with players in the MR14+ range, which means they tend to not get rid of any frame, unless they are replacing it with the prime version.

The only thing in common is the ability to group up enemies.

Nidus is a tanker, stands in a place, infects the area and NOTHING will more him away from that point.

Khora is a supporter, she groups enemies and incapacitate them so Saryn Mesa and Ember (and others too, that's just an example) can finish the job.

Also, Nidus 1 is used to regain energy and increase the infection, while Khora 1 is used to knock down enemies and re-trigger her 2.

Just because they can group up enemies that does not mean they are the same, Vauban does that too (vortex and bastille works similart to Ensnare/Larva and Strangledome)

Mag con group up enemies too.. and can block them too, but that does not make her useful a copy of the said frames.

Octavia too can group up enemies and them kill them all....should i continue?

5 minutes ago, janjandark said:

what planet are you on? everyone i know LOVES Nidus cus he's an end-game murder machine. 

Nidus is OP in a good way. 

Khora stuggles late game, Im still putting forma into mine, but she stuggles a fair bit. 

they are nothing alike though -their second powers are kinda samey but thats far as they go, they are nothing alike otherwise. 

The similarity between Khora and Nidus did not strike me till recently, but it is definitely there.

And the problem is not that their first two abilities lead to a very, very similar gameplay loop, but that Khora's third and fourth ability are nothing to write home about. Yes, half of Khora's abilities are different to Nidus', but those two abilities are also some of the most lackluster abilities in the game.

If I were god emperor, Khora's defining trait (like how Nova is known for making things go boom and Nekros is known for loot) be that her cat is insanely powerful and useful... which is the exact opposite of what Venari is now. Venari exists, she does a thing every so often, but if you removed Venari entirely from Khora she would not feel much if any impact.

If Venari is in attack mode she should be killing as well as a Warframe, if she is in defend she should be a mini Nyx, and if she is protecting your party should feel like there is an extra support frame watching over them. Yes, Venari should be crazy powerful, "over"powered by some standards, but if Venari is not that then Khora's whole shtick is mute.

Oh... and make it so you can cast Ensnare on an enemy in a Strangledome to pull all enemies in the Strangledome to that enemy, as it stands killing enemies in Strangledome is worse than enemies stuck on tentacles.

17 minutes ago, janjandark said:

In what world are you living in?

i love both nidus and khora, and i dont play them similarly...

15 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

Khora stuggles late game, Im still putting forma into mine, but she stuggles a fair bit.

you might want to review your build. what are you using atm?

i'm murdering high level stuff with this :

Spoiler

A52otWi.jpg

5 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

Khora's abilities all work on their own terms. 

they combo very well together though. her 1 deals double damage to enemies affected by her 2, and if an enemy taken by her 4 is hit with her 1, all other enemies in her 4 take 50% of that damage (and if they're under her 2 effect, well that's doubled as well)

Edited by blaes

25 minutes ago, janjandark said:

Well now your friends are idiots because his Deluxe skin is the most beautiful thing being added to the game. Not to mention he’s a VERY good Warframe.

Khora is good, Nidus is good, they both work in different playstyles. Khora could use very little tweaks on Venari and esnare but apart from that she works pretty well and apart from Nidus, she has a bit more variety of ways to be modded.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I don't get it. I just don't. Instead of trying to play a new Warframe differently, the first thing people want to do is to compare their usefulness to older Warframes right off of the bat. 

It's always the same thing, people can't undestand "a kit" its always "skill by skill comparison thread".

6 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

what planet are you on? everyone i know LOVES Nidus cus he's an end-game murder machine. 

Nidus is OP in a good way. 

they are nothing alike though -their second powers are kinda samey but thats far as they go, they are nothing alike otherwise. 

About Khora and late game, how high is "late game" for you? people like to throw many numbers, for some people is 100 for some is 3000, at least for me i usually go uo to 1 hour content not because i can't go further, but because i start falling sleep. But i just wanted to say with Khora i can go even further than that, this is an example (enemies are fully armored lvl170 at this point), and this is the 0 forma build i use for now, so there's room for improvement. I also have other builds, for other uses. But still this one is overkill for most starchart content up to lvl100.

i find the reason people hate khora is cus they play her once then never touch her again, that and no youtuber has said "wow khora op gg"
warframe has a weird playerbase where its pretty much one giant bandwagon

8 minutes ago, ReinAxefury said:

Khora is good, Nidus is good, they both work in different playstyles. Khora could use very little tweaks on Venari and esnare but apart from that she works pretty well and apart from Nidus, she has a bit more variety of ways to be modded.

It's always the same thing, people can't undestand "a kit" its always "skill by skill comparison thread".

About Khora and late game, how high is "late game" for you? people like to throw many numbers, for some people is 100 for some is 3000, at least for me i usually go uo to 1 hour content not because i can't go further, but because i start falling sleep. But i just wanted to say with Khora i can go even further than that, this is an example (enemies are fully armored lvl170 at this point), and this is the 0 forma build i use for now, so there's room for improvement. I also have other builds, for other uses. But still this one is overkill for most starchart content up to lvl100.

well with nidus you can go as long as you like on the elite sanctuary for example but I struggle with khora at 80-100 enemies 

Im in the middle of my second forma with khora, and it looks like you need like 5-7 to make her good? where my nidus is only 2 foma and thats all he really needs. (least I do fine with him as ive built I probably could add some arcanes  etc and make him more beastly) 

(I think DE count 100+ as end game? I dunno I rarely go past level 150 just cus long-long sessions bore me.) 

2 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

well with nidus you can go as long as you like on the elite sanctuary for example but I struggle with khora at 80-100 enemies 

Im in the middle of my second forma with khora, and it looks like you need like 5-7 to make her good? where my nidus is only 2 foma and thats all he really needs. (least I do fine with him as ive built I probably could add some arcanes  etc and make him more beastly) 

(I think DE count 100+ as end game? I dunno I rarely go past level 150 just cus long-long sessions bore me.) 

Well, as i posted, i dont struggle with lvl100 enemies and i use 0 forma, im even 1 shoting lvl170 enemies with x3 multiplier (unless you count the 2 forma on my cronus i guess). There's other people using Strangledome builds and going way higher, needs some weapon setups but Khora can scale decently, not the best frame for that, but also not terrible at all.

47 minutes ago, janjandark said:

everyone i know hates nidus and some even sold it knowing full well they can't get him again(except with plat) while they praise khora like the second coming of excal prime

Umm, what? Nidus is crazy good. He's pretty much idiot proof pick for Sortie def/interception/survival.

I love Khora. There are several things that make her good that I feel people overlook.

1-She is female. No effect on gameplay but I have friends (some female) that won't play a character at all unless they are female.  Even if she has a similar kit to some male characters this still has an effect on some people.

2-She is very well balanced with her kit. Slightly tanky, healing, CC, a pet, she has a lot going for her there.

3-My biggest point: her heal is a hard-carry for a weaker member of your team.  You tag an ally with her heal and they are alive for the rest of the mission even if they usually get themselves killed a lot.  Tag an ally that is having trouble then keep playing like normal.

48 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

The only thing in common is the ability to group up enemies.

Nidus is a tanker, stands in a place, infects the area and NOTHING will more him away from that point.

Khora is a supporter, she groups enemies and incapacitate them so Saryn Mesa and Ember (and others too, that's just an example) can finish the job.

Also, Nidus 1 is used to regain energy and increase the infection, while Khora 1 is used to knock down enemies and re-trigger her 2.

Just because they can group up enemies that does not mean they are the same, Vauban does that too (vortex and bastille works similart to Ensnare/Larva and Strangledome)

Mag con group up enemies too.. and can block them too, but that does not make her useful a copy of the said frames.

Octavia too can group up enemies and them kill them all....should i continue?

play style, they both require and enforce same play style: group and destroy with first ability, repeat

and Khora hardly is supporter, she seem to fill better without team, as well as Nidus

yes, some frames also gather enemies, but Nidus and Khora, by design, supposed to do this, because of "synergy" between first and second

54 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I don't get it. I just don't. Instead of trying to play a new Warframe differently, the first thing people want to do is to compare their usefulness to older Warframes right off of the bat.

I just share my observation, and why should I play her differently when there is superior, "right" way to play her