The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the Teaset symbolize Ballas and the Lotus versus the operator?

Sentince

I just thought about this while looking at the tea set. If you look at it, they arranged in a way that two are grouped together on one side and one on the other, much like a person sitting across from the two. Any thoughts that there is a hidden secret?

It was given by Teshin, but you could say that. It's partly also a piece of memorabilia for a too-soon-gone YouTuber.
...I saw some of TotalBiscuit's videos during the World of WarCraft: Cataclysm era, I might add.

However, the teapot itself, what does that represent in this context? Would it be Hunhow and the Sentient invasion itself, perhaps?

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added segment relating to he-who-passed-too-soon.

I am not sure, I thought maybe it could be the unum but idk why. If we think about it, a teapot pours tea into cups, giving them each tea from itself. So there might be something else at play here. 

2 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

As Avynire said, if anything It's more likely an homage to CynicalBrit/TotalBiscuit.

With tea being associated with the British in general (despite many cultures actually consuming it) and the designs that reflect ornamented Chinaware, this is probably the case.

Nothing Sacrificy about it.

23 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

With tea being associated with the British in general (despite many cultures actually consuming it) and the designs that reflect ornamented Chinaware, this is probably the case.

It's funny though, The British needed to get china addicted to opioids in order to satisfy their addiction to tea... I don't think many empires could say they tried to ruin another empire to acquire tea...

Edited by Carnage2K4

28 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Except it's quite literally tied to the Sacrifice hype site, and it comes with a lore-based description. While it probably is to remember TotalBiscuit, we can't say there's nothing Sacrificy about it because, by association, it's related to the Sacrifice through the hype site. And there's no reason for DE not to outright state that it's to remember TotalBiscuit. They have no reason to hide its true meaning by linking it with the Sacrifice hype site.

Dear lord...
It's a Tea Set. A Easter Egg reward for those who were saavy enough to find the code. Something unique for the orbiter.
A very well developed & hidden reward I must say.

Folks in this game are like English Teachers...
Book read: Jerry walking to his window & pulled back the Blue Curtains & stared out at the yellow fields stretching as far as the eye could see.
English Teacher: "Now the Bluecurtains must symbolize Jerry's emotional state. Relating to his internal battle with depression. The Yellow fields dictate that Jerry felt as if he would lose to his depression & as fields turning yellow denotes the life retreating from the plants as winter approaches. SO the Author was stating that Jerry felt that his will to fight his depressing was fading away."

When what the author really meant was:
Jerry walked up to a window, looked out the window & saw what was outside.

Not everything has some deeper hidden meaning...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Dear lord...
It's a Tea Set. A Easter Egg reward for those who were saavy enough to find the code. Something unique for the orbiter.

Book read: Jerry walking to his window & pulled back the Blue Curtains & stared out at the yellow fields stretching as far as the eye could see.
English Teacher: "Now the Bluecurtains must symbolize Jerry's emotional state. Relating to his internal battle with depression. The Yellow fields dictate that Jerry felt as if he would lose to his depression & as fields turning yellow denotes the life retreating from the plants as winter approaches. SO the Author was stating that Jerry felt that his will to fight his depressing was fading away."

Preach it brother, preach it! (and not just because i'm already sick and tired of this english class, learned that I can use ctrl+i to italicize in word documents though, so pretty neat)

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Dear lord...

Such as from an artist standpoint, everything is up to the observer, and the meaning it holds to them. Art is made to have its own effects on each individual who observes it and that includes literature. If you read something that you can relate to in a character, someone might not relate at all. Hence each meaning is personal.

Edited by Sentince

7 minutes ago, Sentince said:

Such as from an artist standpoint, everything is up to the observer, and the meaning it holds to them. Art is made to have its own effects on each individual who observes it and that includes literature. If you read something that you can relate to in a character, someone might not relate at all. Hence each meaning is personal.

True true. Rereading my post. I realize I may have come across as aggressive.

It was not my intention.

My frustration is that folks are looking too deeply into things.

Rebecca could post a photo of her finger & folks would be like:

"The finger represents the sliver of hope Lotus has tp be rescued. The ring on the finger...represents the binding grip Ballas has on her. The slightly worn Nail polish is the crumbling innocence that our Tenno have lost. The chip in the nail...is "The Sacrifice" we must make to save her."

Its just irking me. All this speculation over minuscule items.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's 3 cups, and there's 3 letters in "tea". there's also 3 letters in "pot". 3x3=9, take away 3 and you have 6, the same number of letters that are in "teapot", but also in "Ballas"

Oh

My

God

3 Cup, 3 letters in Tea, but Tea is only half of their name "Tea Cup".

A pot cannot fulfill its purpose in life unless it has Tea in it...

Half Life 3 confirmed!