Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Cannot scroll in tabs or PM during mission flight. Just fyi.

Also after recent hotfix we cannot unequip a weapon in arsenal with simply selecting none. You have to place cursor on 'none' and then select 'equip'. Very confusing and trivial. 

Thank you for other fixes! Clan and Alliance are seemingly happier(less salt). 

Edited by (PS4)Steelergurl33

I really can't find my OC to edit it with an update to my feedback, and sorry for further cluttering this thread, but I gotta speak up.

[DE]ar Devs, I've had the opportunity to play around again, this time with the hotfix already in place, and I must say I approve it. I still wish the alert tab in navigation supported D'pad controls, but as for everything else I love it. It's intuitive again, and has the added bonus of being able to use Mouse and Keyboard on demand.

One suggestion tough, in some instances I can't select some functions with mouse because they have a ps4 controller keybind. (I.e. I can hover with mouse over my extractor planet menu, but to select it Immust press R3. If at all possible keep the R3, but make it available with a mouse doble tap.

Please do keep being great, and reach greater heights as you've been doing all these years. I'm very proud to be a part of this great Tenno family, from DE to fellow players!

Best regards!

On 2018-06-05 at 12:07 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

It's already mentioned in the spoilers in the OP, but! In case you guys missed it, you can absolutely change the speed of the cursor by going in the “Controls” Options and changing it to to your liking.

You can't cut it off.  Either we want it taken out or an option to cut it off 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)AlexiaWesker a dit :

Not sure if trolls but there was people in WF chat saying that they liked it 😕 but a mass majority of people were saying its terrible.

And some ppls on Twitter. For DE is enough if one single player say it's fine, so for DE it is fine! 

1 hour ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

Toggles are expensive to maintain, slow everything down and instead of one system you know have two and a half to maintain. It's not a good solution. Better to come up with something that works for almost everyone.

I agree, unfortunately this is not what we're getting. Something that would work for almost everyone is to get rid of the mouse functionality in the UI and make a button centric UI. Controller people have their fingers on buttons and MK people have their fingers on even more buttons then controller people so ... 

I honestly can’t bring myself to play this anymore. Even with the hotfix changes, this doesn’t feel good. Ive played WF for years because it felt good to control a warframe, a Tenno even (still klunky, but they’re kids, give em time), and yes the ui was spot on. After years of tweaks and twerks, updates here and there, manipulating the games characters and menus felt like something natural. Not everything was perfect, but damn close enough to where most problems I had were only momentary. Had the game controlled like this at the start I never would have kept playing. Period. Which is why it’s sad for me to admit, but I don’t feel like playing this game anymore. I know it’s just a damn little cursor, but to me it’s pure evil! I can’t stop getting frustrated with it. It’s not natural. And I play games that are fun. This isn’t fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)psyops6 said:

I don't really see a point in apologizing when they are the ones that screwed it up. If they would have sent a message to our inbox saying we are going to jack up the UI and would like to know if you approve.... That would have made things better, we could have declined.

But do they deserve to be called names?

No, they don’t. It’s inexcusable and childish behavior on the users’ part. 

This has nothing to do with what DE did, it’s about all the name calling that happened.

Tested out the changes from the hotfix and it has fixed some of my annoyances. Some menus still need a bit of looking at, however, such as the arcanes still requiring double button presses to equip. Overall it's a step in the right direction. However, pressing on None selection in the arsenal to unequip an item currently doesn't work as intended. An additional step of pressing outside of the None selection is required to actually unequip an item from loadout.

From a PS4 User:

...No. Just...No. The UI was just fine the way it was. I didn't want to have to use a mouse to do everything. I want the old UI back. Everything else I could honestly care less about; but taking away the button-centric controls of a CONTROLLER-BASED SYSTEM was not cool. If I wanted to play with a mouse and keyboard, I'd have updated my PC to play Warframe on there again. As it is, this has actually caused one of my friends to quit playing once again, after it took me months to convince him to come back on in the first place. I'm refraining from using my adult language here, but you people have just messed up what didn't need fixing. And for no good reason!

ok i do like this new UI with the cursor but damn you could of tested this more before deploying it. Found another problem . Ducat exchange!!!! you can't choose how many of a particular item , it just takes the lot now. this needs fixing before the Trader arrives again.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)drizzit70 said:

ok i do like this new UI with the cursor but damn you could of tested this more before deploying it. Found another problem . Ducat exchange!!!! you can't choose how many of a particular Prime item , it just takes the lot now. this needs fixing before the Trader arrives again.