Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

This is all on PS4

The cursor is S#&$ get rid of it. Going into more detail it slows everything down horribly, it's nearly impossible to make those "5 seconds on the timer" adjustments now when you realize you've got the wrong damage type on your gun. Every time I select a warframe or weapon I have to drag the damn thing back over to the loadout menu before i'm allowed to do anything else. Mod swapping is just weird now and it's slower as well. It was nice being able to compare the mods before swapping them so you could deliberate more accurately.. All this has accomplished is slowing down menu interaction and frustrating players. If you won't listen to the overwhelmingly clear feedback that we don't want the cursor at least bring back the way we queued mods for swapping before, it was snappier and better for comparing options. The UI should be designed to get us back to the action as soon as possible not spend 10 minutes swapping a loadout. Having to double click relics is also annoying. 

Bugs: I can't use r1,l1 to swap mod presets I have to manually drag the cursor up to them. I turned up the cursor sensitivity to make navigation faster but when I use the D-pad to make adjustments it does so in varying speeds, namely when I go left it does so quickly but when I go right it does so slowly. Not sure if this is a bug but I can't use my D-Pad to navigate the drop down list in the star chart, it's annoying to have to cursor over to those manually.

Positives: You do seem to have addressed the issue where I would select a mod and for whatever reason the slot I had selected would go all the way to to the front of the mod list despite looking at the center of it. Being able to right stick my way into and out of planets is kind of cool, not sure if that's actually new though.

Suggestions: make it so that the cursor teleports instantly when using D-Pad instead of sliding over, it will help simulate the old control scheme and make things much faster.

Edited by (PS4)Angel_OfSolitude
Had a few more thoughts to add on

As one of the people that bought the tennocon 2018 bundle i would be ok with tennocon barro relay being opened up to non buyers of the bundle, and have it open for a week. As an "apology" to players for the headache. Since this ui fiasco has made ducet grinding harder with the fact you have to double and triple click a relic. Maybe 50% off with barro too. If anyone agrees please up vote this. Thank you

On 2018-06-06 at 1:39 AM, (XB1)SickPuP said:

Feedback from an Xbox One X user:

1. Navigating the foundry using the D-pad is much slower because it is waiting on the new virtual cursor animation to slide to the next selected value. 

2. When a menu open a default value should be selected and the cursor moved to that value.  Users can no longer click "talk" and then select the first option with a simple button click.  The user must move the D-pad or move the virtual cursor over the menu to activate it.

3. When using the D-pad to the navigation places like the foundry or offerings it should scroll when I go down.  Scrolling only works using the right joystick.  

Overall my experience with the new virtual cursor is negative and would severely warn people before begin playing the game because it can be off-putting.

Great post tenno I second all of this.

Also great work on adding the shortcuts back so quickly a big thanks for that.

Edited by (PS4)Anfffy

25 minutes ago, (XB1)gentxskynet said:

As one of the people that bought the tennocon 2018 bundle i would be ok with tennocon barro relay being opened up to non buyers of the bundle, and have it open for a week. As an "apology" to players for the headache. Since this ui fiasco has made ducet grinding harder with the fact you have to double and triple click a relic. Maybe 50% off with barro too. If anyone agrees please up vote this. Thank you

Ummmm.....no. Unless they plan on also refunding everyone who bought Tennocon digital tickets. That's asking for too much man. Maybe a couple Gift of Lotus alerts....free access to Baro relay AND 50% off Baro? Just....wow....that's....wow.

Ya'll need to spend some time on other games where most devs don't give a crap what we say and aren't responsive to screwing things up.

I think people have gotten spoiled by how responsive DE is.

Do you all really have to be so negative?

So many people in the world can't be bothered to acknowledge they made a mistake and fix it.  I'm okay with them making mistakes, but they fix them and they fix them fast.

• Like 2

On 2018-06-05 at 11:06 AM, (PS4)EternityInBlack said:

2. Remove/hasten the cursor animation when using the D-pad on Mods. The speed with how the cursor moves currently goes against the kind of snappiness we want in the game, and by just "warping" the cursor to the next item, or making the animation play super fast, will help with the "feel" when we're trying to select something.

I wanted to take the time to follow up on this point of my previous post, as I’ve been able to play around with the snapping more after today’s hotfix and are able to provide a more concrete example of how this should function.

I noticed that the travel speed of the cursor snap when specifically pressing D-pad Left is very fast compared to pressing the other D-pad buttons. You can see this manifested more prominently when trying to move between the left and right columns in the Foundry and various tutorials in the Codex. If you guys can set the travel speed for the other buttons to be the same as D-pad Left, I think this will go a long way to making sure that the snap does feel snappy.

I just noticed today when i was recoloring a frame that I couldn't unequip a regalia on their back (regular Nekros) I also couldn't unequip an animation set. Basically when I went into the selection area I couldn't select 'none'. Hitting x/'equip' on none didn't do anything and then when i exited that menu what i wanted to unequip was still there. I only tested this with animation sets and regalias but it probably also applies to sydanas, companions, and weapons, etc. too...

Also just wanted to add I'm not a fan of the new cursor on console. I know some people were requesting it so it's nice for them but the majority don't need it. The best thing would probably having it as an option in the settings for playing with a controller vs a mouse and keyboard because trying to combine them into a hybrid that is optimized for both tools seems like an impossible task.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)WraythOsu said:

Ya'll need to spend some time on other games where most devs don't give a crap what we say and aren't responsive to screwing things up.

I think people have gotten spoiled by how responsive DE is.

Do you all really have to be so negative?

So many people in the world can't be bothered to acknowledge they made a mistake and fix it.  I'm okay with them making mistakes, but they fix them and they fix them fast.

True some devs simply don't care (until it really impacts them) but it's great to have some that do.

I disagree about people being spoilt. Simply put it doesn't matter how "responsive" a dev is, when they mess something up (especially a big issue) they need to be pushed for a fix rather than given a pass. Do we need multiple people posting threads with the same thing? No we don't. Constructive posts with the problems and possible fixes will do.

Some people are going to be negative because of how painful this has made things both mentally and (like in my case with trying to navigate with D-pad) physically. To me this honestly looks like they had tested the ui by plugging in a mouse and keyboard into a PS4, played around with it for 3-5 minutes and approved it, assuming it was tested at all.

• Like 1

how many more things can/will DE screw up for console... was so disgusted with the cursor I only slogged through doin the sorties last 2 days and nothing else

figure I try to see if it could do anything usefull… .it cant..  just more and more screwed up things

got a 3hr affinity booster so I figure I would take just a melee that I got a riven for and get it set up.... and I CANT UNEQUIP MY OTHER WEAPONS

pick none in the arsenal for primary.... secondary...   sentinel  weapon... hell even sentinel itself.... click on the empty box labeled none...  and

yup NOTHING GETS UNEQUIPPED!!!!!!   wont even get into how bad the cursor is... how trying to adjust it is pointless (settings make it either to fast or too slow), the fact that it does not auto snap to the active menu, the fact other things like partical densitiy can not be changed whatsoever....   MD for the sortie today and people were complaining they could see anything everytime I stomped (which is all rhino is good for... lock down map so we can finish as fast as possible for MD/INT missions...)  the particles we bad enough even I agreed with them an dtold them to come here/fb/twitter and complain complain complain…  

so i'll ask this question again...  who is doing your "cert" inhouse...  and why bother to send  anything to MS/sony, because they obviously don't play test things...   one would think seeing consoles are forced to wait between updates, ya'll might actually playtest everything to make sure things work...  unable to adjust settings and have them stick, unable to run empty weapon slots like we have in the past...  i'm not even going to count this trash cursor BS in this last part... (that was DE trying to give us what they think we wanted... which after looking at these forums and ingame chat... we don't want it) but the other 2 things and god knows what else I haven't stumbled upon that is broken...…  just rollback the update, re-add the fashion frame junk and leave it at that...  stop trying to fix things that were not broken and work on things that still are...  armor scaling for one

----------->>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<-----------------

with todays (6/7) update... it is somewhat better... still a lot to be done and would still like to see an option to disable the cursor all together but at least the d-pad is kinda working again and we can now run w/o weapons for leveling purposes again...   even though I *@##&#036; a lot (and believe me the above was mild to what I was saying out loud) thank you DE for listening to the players though this should of never made it out the door to begin with in the state it was in.

Edited by (PS4)Whatawaytogo

While I understand the initiative for streamlining UI, this (I.e. the cursor and ripping D-pad ease of access) was completely unnecessary and a waste of resources. If the devs do not respond to our RESOUNDING DISAPPROVAL of this feature, there will be obvious consequences in terms of popularity of warframe XB1/PS4 which is directly the opposite of where momentum should be carried. We await your response, DE. 

• Like 2

I was just trying to select another player from the recruit channel, and the R3 dialogue, the one that let you select a letter as a shortcut pops up.
I move the dpad, press X over a letter... nothing. Move the cursor over it, press X, nothing again.
I cannot make the damn thing to work so I just scroll the whooooole players list manually... and the list start to jump all around.
I fail to reach the player who was recruiting.
I try again, got luck because the guy's nick start with "B". Press X, nothing. Start to investigate, double X do the trick.
Now, when the invitation arrives, I got this new dialogue window poping out. I press R3, nothing.
I move the GODDAMN cursor over it, press square, nothing.
I try every possible way to access it and canot do it.
I cannot accept the invite, I cannot play with other player in a online multiplayer game.
The invite it doesn't appear even if I press the Options button. is like if never existed.

• Like 1

Ok new problem that needs a hotfix quick. You can't split stacks in the ducat kiosk. It just selects all of them. Since tennocon relay is so close this is an issue that needs attention and fast. Need to be able to get ducats for barro and not get rid of prime items that you want to keep

Please change it back.

I play on console for a reason.

I've played for years and the reason I never went to PC was because I enjoyed the console version much better. I personally have not talked to anyone that would rather it this way.

At least give us an option to have it the way it was please.

I'm begging

Myself and several others simply will not play it like this.

Edited by (PS4)RUFNEK_84
  • Like 2

This is not "fixed", if they wanted feedback on such mechanics for console they should have shipped it with an option to use either the new or old navigation methods...THEN ask for feedback from those willing to test it out. People would still be able to play while DE gets the responses they've been getting since it launched.

I know Warframe is free to play, but this is what I play when I'm stressed out and want to relax...I didn't "sign up" for bug testing like this was a cheap steam game in beta.

This is literally the only non-exclusive title I play on PS4 and one of the reasons I bought the system in the first place. The cursor needs to go, it doesn't fit, its painfull to use with a controller and feels like a complete downgrade from the interface we had. Which is unnaceptable for a game I've spent more on than any AAA title (which I agree, nobody but me is guilty of)

I nevertheless love this game and it's developers, I know all they do is out of goodwill and optimization for us, but this is a miss for consoles

It's like you bought a car and then the agency takes 1  of the wheels from you, still works but feels weird and unnatural to drive.