Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] CONFIRMED Progression stopper found (and reproducable)

Jukantos

Obvious spoilers ahead, beware if you havent played The Sacrifice just yet

I think i stumbled into a potential progression stopper? Ballas has just set a tree on fire and now i'm standing here, doing absolutely nothing. Cant attack, cant swap forms, no interaction possible. Did i break it?

I defeated his sentient guards pretty quickly, using channeling on his melee exalted blade. Maybe that somehow caused an issue?

EDIT: The condition that causes the issue has been isolated. The cutscene does not trigger if Excalibur is still wielding the Exalted blade. Deactivate the exalted blade before killing the final Sentient, or at least DIRECTLY afterwards, or the cutscene will not trigger and you will be stuck and be forced to quit

Got updates from my clan, they ran into the same issue. Brute forcing the mission repeatedly can get you past this (which is probably also why DE didnt catch it, i have NO idea what exactly triggers it but it seems bypassable with sheer brute forcing so thats what ima do)

7 minutes ago, FuriousNyX said:

I slowed it down this time and exited exalted blade exactly after the last kill and the story progressed.

I did this and the story progressed for me. So just make sure exalted blade is put away before the last sentient dies.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Mayvus:

I did this and the story progressed for me. So just make sure exalted blade is put away before the last sentient dies.

this. Same for me. Having exalted blade out is the progression stopper. Prevents the cutscene from going off.

Hi! After teaming up with umbra I went to earth to hunt down ballas. I kill the sentients but after that I'm stuck... there is nothing happening... do I have to do some kind of action to make the quest go on?

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)The TV Guide:

Quick fix Iflynn used the operator to kill the enemies and not the WF and it worked 

I hope it helps anyone go reads this

Yup by definition if you're using the operator you don't have the exalted blade out xD

19 minutes ago, Mayvus said:

This helped me finish the Quest. I though i had the issue with the Quest stopping but i'm glad i was not the only one.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Sonicbullitt:

So after I beat the sentients by the burning tree where ballas spawns nothing happens, 3 times I have restarted the quests and it bugs every time after I kill the sentients,

Kill the last sentient without using your Exalted Blade. Use your guns or standard melee.

Another progression stopper before that one - On the corpus ship after transference you are back with the Umbra in T-pose, with "use 5 for transference" prompt on screen. Using transference does nothing. ESC does not show menu, only ALT+F4 works as exit. Mission is not completable. Tried on another PC - still can't complete.

Same was happening to me. I restarted the mission 3 times. Didn't work. So I decided to restart the game. While waiting for it to close/restart I came here to the forums and saw this. I didn't try to turn off exalted umbra blade before finishing off the last sentient. So I go to the launcher.... and the launcher doesn't start. It's not starting. Great! Quest glitched. Game broken. Can't go back in to finish the quest. What's going on?! The launcher screen shows up but it's completely white. And immediately says "Not responding" when I check it in the task manager.

Edit: Restarted my computer, launcher now works.

Edited by Koshxs