Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we still being forced to use the operator?

TheDeuler

Idk but in the last patch sacrifice I started to respect and like my operator. He behave like a mature person and pretty bad ass. So I started to work into arcane to give him some HP so the mother #*!%er stop dieying so easily. 

You're allowed to play without using the operator, just as you're allowed to play without using the archwing. Granted, you will be restricted from some content if that's the choice you make, but nobody is forcing you to use them.

1 minute ago, Syvarin said:

You're allowed to play without using the operator, just as you're allowed to play without using the archwing. Granted, you will be restricted from some content if that's the choice you make, but nobody is forcing you to use them.

I think he meant during the quest

You are free to have your opinion and you are very much welcome to not use your Operator. Me, on the other hand, love my Operator more than my frames.

It's a matter of preferences.

Edited by Khaz-0

maybe your right, and after spending thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars to play warframe i should leave because it's not about warframes anymore. these days the freakin namesake of the game is no longer important and is just a fashion accessory.

3 minutes ago, TheDeuler said:

maybe your right, and after spending thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars to play warframe i should leave because it's not about warframes anymore. these days the freakin namesake of the game is no longer important and is just a fashion accessory.

Yeah, not like this entire quest was about Warframes: what they actually are, how they were made, and the relation of the operator to the Warframe.

22 minutes ago, xcenic said:

Idk but in the last patch sacrifice I started to respect and like my operator. He behave like a mature person and pretty bad ass. So I started to work into arcane to give him some HP so the mother #*!%er stop dieying so easily.

Agreed!

This quest tempered my respect and astonishment with the Operator. Upon their release I admittedly wasn't overly thrilled with their introduction. That is completely absent now and I love my Operator. This trilogy of quests is more than just a coming of age story, but something deeply meaningful and I love witnessing the growth of maturity and outright strength of will in the Operator. I cannot wait to see how they progress further.

42 minutes ago, TheDeuler said:

Why are we still being forced to use the operator? there are those of us who play warframe to use our warframes, not whiny little emo space teens. please let us play without forcing us to use them.

Whiny? Emo? The Operators were stranded in unfamiliar territory, watched their parents go mad, had to kill them to save themselves, saved and then almost killed by their people, adopted by a nuturng woman who was then summarily executed for choosing us over orders and then they were made into child soldiers. They have every right to be angry with the lot they've been dealt. But they're not some moody anime cliche.

20 minutes ago, TheDeuler said:

The Sacrifice showed that yes, in fact, the Warframes are still important. The Operator is as well. They aren't just going to abandon Warframes in general over the Star-Children. They play a part in the narrative and will show up when needed. Additional use is mostly optional but also there so you can beef them up to not be as pathetic as they were in The Second Dream. My PC operator was better suited for Chains of Harrow than my first time doing it on PS4.

As @xcenic and @WhiteCr0w have noted, the Operators have shown that they in fact can be mature and have shown personality more in the quests than they have in regular play. The War Within led me to respect and care about my Operator (and Teshin). The Sacrifice made me care more about my Warframes - all of them.

Edited by (PS4)VanTX89
Needed clarification

23 minutes ago, Vlasinyr said:

Never understood why people got their jimmies in a twister over the operator. they're no more annoying then any other charactor in the game 😕

I think I have an answer based on posts since TSD:
Because it ruins the power fantasy of being this badass super-warrior when you know there's a kid pulling the strings from the safety of their ship (or as someone put it "playing a video game").

People believed we were these titans. To have that shocking revelation tarnishes that and they despise the Operator and try to block them off and pretend they don't exist... and then DE goes and adds something that uses them and it opens up the wound again because it reminds them that their original belief is a lie.

I originally believed that we were energy beings (kinda what those ghostly projections on Lua look like) and that's how we could fit into the different frames. I was wrong. But the people who thought it was people in suits weren't technically wrong now that we've learned the basics of how a Warframe is made.

Turns out it's a combination of both - someone in a suit being the muscle and someone guiding them, being the brains/spirit.

1 minute ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

I think I have an answer based on posts since TSD:
Because it ruins the power fantasy of being this badass super-warrior when you know there's a kid pulling the strings from the safety of their ship (or as someone put it "playing a video game").

People believed we were these titans. To have that shocking revelation tarnishes that and they despise the Operator and try to block them off and pretend they don't exist... and then DE goes and adds something that uses them and it opens up the wound again because it reminds them that their original belief is a lie.

I originally believed that we were energy beings (kinda what those ghostly projections on Lua look like) and that's how we could fit into the different frames. I was wrong. But the people who thought it was people in suits weren't technically wrong now that we've learned the basics of how a Warframe is made.

Turns out it's a combination of both - someone in a suit being the muscle and someone guiding them, being the brains/spirit.

aka: you're butthurt because you're a kid instead of a super badass robot thing.

gosh, i'd hate for you to figure out what reality is. you'd #*!%ing die.

also, DE made this game. they can do whatever they wish with the story. you don't own it, they do. suck it up like a grown adult or go play another game.

I had a hate for this game style when it first came out but over time I love using the operator. I also see this game play being even more involved in the future.

DE is making it better. The movements are still in baby mode but getting better. I think focus 2 is a way better concept.

I find it fun and challenging to go operator only for missions to see just how much damage my girl can do. Plus it is so much fun watching a teenage girl kick the crap out of VOR the STALKER etc etc.

Actually this brings up a good point: why are we forced to leave our Warframe behind for the third battle against Umbra? Ordis tells the little guy THREE TIMES that it is a BAD IDEA and UNNECESSARY RISK. The second battle against Umbra worked perfectly fine with your Warframe on hand, I honestly don't get it