Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz allow Excalibur Prime Helmet on Excalibur Umbra

Urska

all im asking is plz let us use our Prime helmet on Excalibur umbra.... i know i will get alot of salt asking from people who are upset at not being a founder. but doesn't hurt to ask as some thing small with no real gain over anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Heliozzenn said:

I'll try to send personal requests to staff members and to support, this may be a bug but if it isn't, then it's something that has to happen.

ya, it just feels really odd to me that we cant.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Can you use Excal Prime helmet on regular Excal?

no, but thats a downgrade. prime and umbra are the same level. just a differnt side to the same coin. lore prime is light, umbra is dark...and the fact this isnt just a "prime" its a founder thing. kinda means it gets a lil love seeing umbra is better then prime. as it should be ( that or the same ). on other umbras if they do, most liky would have it that way OR could

Edited by Urska

3 minutes ago, Urska said:

no, but thats a downgrade. prime and umbra are the same level. just a differnt side to the same coin. lore prime is light, umbra is dark...and the fact this isnt just a "prime" its a founder thing. kinda means it gets a lil love seeing umbra is better then prime. as it should be ( that or the same )

Given that it is the case here and in every other frame's case, this doesn't seem like a bug at all. While this would be minor, I don't see how this was unexpected or classifies as "must" happen for DE.

Just now, LoopStricken said:

Until the Umbra AI and Transference Static bugs are fixed, and the new Blind being reduced in cast-time, I'd accept being able to use Umbra's body on Excal Prime.

Would you rather Radial Howl do less or have a shorter cast time?

Edited by peterc3

Being able to put Prime cosmetics on the Umbra variant should be allowed, but also the ability to toggle the Umbra attachments should be enabled for those who would rather wish to disguise Umbra as a common Excal. The reason I, even though I'm no founder, would like this to happen is due to all those Founders who lost their Excal Primes for one reason or another.

Otherwise, Excalibur Umbra is a choice; would you want backup, or an obedient, static golem?

That said, the bigger crescents on Umbra's forearms are not properly mounted and should be fixed.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added why I'd like this to happen.

7 minutes ago, Urska said:

no, but thats a downgrade. prime and umbra are the same level. just a differnt side to the same coin. lore prime is light, umbra is dark...and the fact this isnt just a "prime" its a founder thing. kinda means it gets a lil love seeing umbra is better then prime. as it should be ( that or the same ). on other umbras if they do, most liky would have it that way OR could

Can you use gorgon wraith design on the prisma variant? Can you use braton prime design on the Vandal variant?

I think this scenario should be the same for the Prime/Umbra variants of warframes, no matter if it's excalibur or any other umbra frame released in the future.

22 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Being able to put Prime cosmetics on the Umbra variant should be allowed, but also the ability to toggle the Umbra attachments should be enabled for those who would rather wish to disguise Umbra as a common Excal. The reason I, even though I'm no founder, would like this to happen is due to all those Founders who lost their Excal Primes for one reason or another.

Otherwise, Excalibur Umbra is a choice; would you want backup, or an obedient, static golem?

That said, the bigger crescents on Umbra's forearms are not properly mounted and should be fixed.

if you wana bring up issues... Excalibur mod Chromatic blade doesn't work on Umbra Lol

i also wana point out, how funny it is that ppl keep bring up theirs better things to worry about.... EVER said nothing else matters, so fix this... Like LOL its gameplay > looks theirs no questioning that

14 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Can you use gorgon wraith design on the prisma variant? Can you use braton prime design on the Vandal variant?

Did you pay lots of real money for a limited-time weapon that is now pretty much useless?

Like the Skana Prime. 😞

I can support this, but I'd also like to be able to equip the Umbra cosmetics on the regular Excalibur, since it's a sidegrade, and you can equip the regular Excalibur's cosmetics on Umbra so it should work the other way around too. The way I see it, obtaining a frame for the first time (regular, Prime, or Umbra) should unlock its cosmetics permanently and you should then be able to use them on any of that frame's variants.

Edited by SteveCutler

3 hours ago, LoopStricken said:

Did you pay lots of real money for a limited-time weapon that is now pretty much useless?

Like the Skana Prime. 😞

As a really huge part of the playerbase, i didn't even have a chance to pay for that gear but you can be sure i would have done it had i known warframe back when the opportunity was still available.

Said that, calling the gear "useless" is nothing but exaggeration since Excal Prime got a stat buff to match Umbra (the edge on umbra being obtained by umbral mods and both having their ups and downs during gameplay); lato prime was turned into a beast with its first buff and the last weapon rebalance pushed it even further in terms of performance; and as a status weapon skana prime can be a beast with Condition Overload focused builds, and you're also forgetting that a melee rebalance is coming which could make it even more powerful like they did with lato prime.

Finally, don't forget that the deal never stated that any of the gear included would be the absolute best gear in game, it only said that would never be available again.

Given that Umbra meets the needs of the entire community:

-Gives us an upgraded Excal for non-Founders.

-Gives us that sweet looking Chinaframe exclusive that we've been eyeballing for 3 years.

-Doesn't break the exclusivity agreement that DE promised the Founders.

....I think we could all support a little Founder love.

Let Founders use the Prime helmet on their Umbra.

We wouldn't be playing this game that I love without them.

Do it DE!

22 hours ago, Urska said:

all im asking is plz let us use our Prime helmet on Excalibur umbra.... i know i will get alot of salt asking from people who are upset at not being a founder. but doesn't hurt to ask as some thing small with no real gain over anyone else. 

What? F—k yeah, Founders should be able to use this to their fashion frame advantage.  

Anyone petty enough to be angry about it can go Sh-t in Limbo Prime’s Hat! 

+1 (Don’t take offense.  Colorful language for Founder Support Emphasis)

22 hours ago, Urska said:

But they are still differant versions.

They just need to buff excal prime more.

9 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

It doesn't really make sense for a non prime to have a prime helmet.

It equally doesn't make sense for a Prime to have a regular helmet, or an Umbra to have a regular helmet, but that still works. Cosmetics are just cosmetics. If someone has unlocked them, they should be usable on any variant.

I kinda feel like some things should be standardized. The ability to use prime as cosmetics on umbra variants and vis/versa is a good start.

The ability to disable prime and/or umbra bits even without a tennogen skin on would be nice as a default option.

Also being able to disable Umbra's awesome passive for those who don't like it would be neat, though I feel like Umbra should kneel and head-track the player for flavor instead of just freezing like a normal warframe.

21 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

As a really huge part of the playerbase, i didn't even have a chance to pay for that gear but you can be sure i would have done it had i known warframe back when the opportunity was still available.

Said that, calling the gear "useless" is nothing but exaggeration since Excal Prime got a stat buff to match Umbra (the edge on umbra being obtained by umbral mods and both having their ups and downs during gameplay); lato prime was turned into a beast with its first buff and the last weapon rebalance pushed it even further in terms of performance; and as a status weapon skana prime can be a beast with Condition Overload focused builds, and you're also forgetting that a melee rebalance is coming which could make it even more powerful like they did with lato prime.

Finally, don't forget that the deal never stated that any of the gear included would be the absolute best gear in game, it only said that would never be available again.

Oh I understand entirely, and personally I'd like to have a cosmetic skin given to founders to use Skana Prime's looks for any sword.

Well, considering that we haven't gotten a 'third' type of frame for anything else, we can only go by the current status quo; Prime Equipment can currently only be equipped to the Prime variants, not the regular ones.

You can't put the Umbra helmet on regular Excal either, so I'm only waiting on a Founder to tell us whether you can put the Umbra helmet on the Prime to confirm whether this is actually a deliberate choice.

I would feel that the supposedly 'unique' variants of the frames, the Prime and the Umbra, can't share their unique helmets with the other types, specifically to keep them separate.