The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra is power creep and why its upsetting.

tripletriple

To begin with as a founder I am extremely upset that we got cheated with a better excalibur that was created just to make people feel better about excalibur prime. Your promise to the founders was an exclusive warframe. Changing it a bit to make a better version is disheartining.

But now with radial howl being the same casting time why bother with the primes of DE is just going to release a better version down the line? Is there going to be excalibur prime umbra soon with double the stats? 

I think having prime exclusive mods will fix this problem.

This is a very upsetting situation. What is your thoughts everyone?

Edited by tripletriple

but you got your exclusive...

you payed for an exclusive frame and some exclusive weapons, DE have kept to that promise of your exclusive staying that way.

but you never at any point payed for exclusive rights to stats, abilities, animations etc...

2 minutes ago, Nowe999 said:

The power you obtained from Excal Prime was never meant to be exclusive. Only the frame itself which is still exclusive to you and to you alone. 

I know. But imagine you were promised something exclusive, and then they threw a scarf on it and made it better. You wouldn't be upset?

Edited by tripletriple

1 minute ago, S0ulCal1ber said:

but you got your exclusive...

you payed for an exclusive frame and some exclusive weapons, DE have kept to that promise of your exclusive staying that way.

but you never at any point payed for exclusive rights to stats, abilities, animations etc...

Fully Agree here mate.

Just now, tripletriple said:

I know. But imagine you were promised an something exclusive, and then they threw a scarf on it and made it better. You wouldn't be upset?

No, because I still have something that is physcially exclusive to me. Power is power, there are frames still more powerful than any variant of Excal.

Just now, Gweredith said:

Knew immediately it was going to be a special founder snowflake complaining how he is no longer unique and 'better' than everyone else because his excal prime is no longer desired.

It's the same one from yesterday, I think this was the 3rd thread I found by this guy.

9 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

But now with radial howl being the same casting time why bother with the primes of DE is just going to release a better version down the line?

Under that logic we should not bother farming for vanilla Warframes when we know that they will all have prime versions.

Edited by NekroArts

1 minute ago, tripletriple said:

I know. But imagine you were promised something exclusive, and then they threw a scarf on it and made it better. You wouldn't be upset?

Considering its been over 5 years since you got it, no, it doesn't bother me. Besides, Excal Prime is still stronger for all non-sentient content since Primed Pressure Point is stronger.

Just now, tripletriple said:

I know. But imagine you were promised an something exclusive, and then they threw a scarf on it and made it better. You wouldn't be upset?

Nope.

As a founder, I'm not even mad about a Umbra getting energy from Death Orbs in the void, though apparently that was removed for no valid reason that I can see.

8 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

To begin with as a founder I am extremely upset that we got cheated with a better excalibur that was created just to make people feel better about excalibur prime. Your promise to the founders was an exclusive warframe. Changing it a bit to make a better version is disheartining.

But now with radial howl being the same casting time why bother with the primes of DE is just going to release a better version down the line? Is there going to be excalibur prime umbra soon with double the stats? 

This is a very upsetting situation. What is your thoughts everyone?

Your iron grasp on warframe is over. The people will rise against your tyranny with UMBRA, the people's frame. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Considering its been over 5 years since you got it, no, it doesn't bother me. Besides, Excal Prime is still stronger for all non-sentient content since Primed Pressure Point is stronger.

Hell, if that thread on the front page is anything to go buy, Umbra is a downgrade at the moment (at least until the Tau system becomes a thing)

You still got your shiny toy that almost no one else has, why are you still crying about it? Umbra is not really power creep, there's still many warframes better than it. Stop being sad just because everyone else now has a toy as shiny as yours, you shouldn't feel proud of yourself for having a unique warframe, you should feel proud of yourself for supporting the game.