Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to vote kick players

KamikazeKamanzi

On 2018-07-10 at 5:22 PM, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I feel as if this option is long overdo but I need this in my life and would like some feedback. There are times where myself and others are doing an objective like Eidolon hunting or doing sorties and there will be a player who decides to do nothing or go off to fish or mine ores while we do everything else. During eidolon fights they usually wait until we're finished and then come swoop in to take the loot. I know some of you are thinking to just abort and start over but sometimes we do not notice until it's too late. Coming across afk players or uncooperative ones are a bit of a pain and I do not like the idea of doing work for those that are not contributing. New players usually come in runs and say off the bat "I don't know what to do" for eidolon runs or kuva siphons and that is perfectly fine because I enjoy helping out new players. It's just the ones that are lazy and enjoy trolling are not needed. I guess the problem that could occur is that people will abuse the system by kicking out players that have low MR before they even get a chance to play. I see that being a thing in sorties and especially eidolon hunting so I guess it could backfire. I just want to see where everyone else stands on the option.

The only time I'd agree with this, even only slightly, is when the mission is over and we're sent back to our orbiters. I hate those people who sit in the party you and your friend made and expect you to leave, and if you don't they'll sit there until you do.

Even then, maybe an option to autokick anyone who isn't in your party/squad you made is a feature that would be nice.

On 2018-07-11 at 2:02 PM, ARKANOiiDe said:

^ i can agree, that forcing players to craft T1 AMP for Terry bounty is a bit harsh, but if you just want to practice with Mote AMP you can just join free roam and have a go at it with other randoms/create a group. As i said ranking up Quills and crafting a T1 Amp is like 1-2 nights of killing Voms. So its not stopping your pgrogress. The main problem i see are people just skipping the Quills Standing/Crafting an actual AMP, and go straight to Tridolon bounties with their Motes after doing a succesful Terry capture. And its the reason why topics like this get created. "I get matched up with people with Mote Amps for Hydrolyst, they do no damage/leech". There should be some requirement for a Tricap, Sorties are not available for fresh MR0 players with MK1 Bratons either ;]

tbh, it's DE's fault for locking all the new gear behind totally boring activities like mining and fishing with no "normal" alternate/slower means, in my case i still have a mote amp thats not even fully ranked yet exactly because i play warframe to have fun doing the run and gun stuff which has always been enjoyable, then comes along new gear... which you have to fish and mine for, an activity that literally bores myself and others to death.  Also its not just a case of mine/fish for a bit to get it over with, its an ongoing continual boring and time consuming thing, so in my case i looked at all that new rubbish stuff and thought..... **ck it, ill just not bother with any of it, i only goto POE for some set mods and nothing else because of this terrible system.

You know its a system in dire need of change when players like me can just opt to ignore all their hard work because they put in so much effort to make the whole thing as un-enjoyable as possible just because they are trying to make their new expansion last as long as possible while trying "new" things.  This is exactly why you have ill equipped players running around poe and always will.

Forcing players of a run and gun space ninja game to fish and mine..... FOR guns is probably the dumbest thing ive seen in a game to date, i only hope when i looked at the railjack preview that the badger/mutt catching activity is not the sole source of needed combat items, all this mining/fishing/badger hunting should only be for the fashion collectors, or something else that is not a core requirement for run and gun.

14 minutes ago, Shozanakh said:

Can we imagine 3 trolls kicking some unsuspecting random player just before some rotation C reward, just for lulz? It will be common sight with vote kick option implemented.

Yeah there is actually going to be a lot of that because some people can't read.They need to be taught the hard way. 

46 minutes ago, Shozanakh said:

Can we imagine 3 trolls kicking some unsuspecting random player just before some rotation C reward, just for lulz? It will be common sight with vote kick option implemented.

This will be a rare occurrence at best.  It would require three extremely rude people, who came into the mission together, all to have agreed beforehand (or through teamspeak) to kick the fourth party member from party just for the "lawls".  

1. 99.9% of the PUGs I enter are filled with three other people who do not know each other.  
  2. IF someone knows a teammate, it's most likely that only two of the teammates know each other.  A vote requires three votes and you cannot kick a team member with only two votes.
  3. The chance of entering a PUG where people know each other is ALREADY very low.  Add to that, the chance those three people will be complete scumbags organizing a plan to kick another person is EVEN LOWER.  

I PUG 30-50 missions every night.  Out of those, I probably get 1 or 2 missions where any team members talk.  In 99.9% of the PUG missions I run every night, EVERYONE is just trying to rush through.  Nobody has time to be a jerk because hardly anyone cares to put that much effort into it.  I only see jerks in a mission when we are MASSIVELY failing the mission due a few people being undergeared, underleveled, or just not being good players.  That almost NEVER happens because most missions are too easy to care about.  

People worried that a Vote-Kick will be used to troll en masse are just being overly worried.  Vote-Kick is barely abused in most other games.  Most people don't care enough in Warframe to troll like this as most missions are speed-runs.  

1 hour ago, AlMcFly said:

This will be a rare occurrence at best.  It would require three extremely rude people, who came into the mission together, all to have agreed beforehand (or through teamspeak) to kick the fourth party member from party just for the "lawls".  

1. 99.9% of the PUGs I enter are filled with three other people who do not know each other.  
  2. IF someone knows a teammate, it's most likely that only two of the teammates know each other.  A vote requires three votes and you cannot kick a team member with only two votes.
  3. The chance of entering a PUG where people know each other is ALREADY very low.  Add to that, the chance those three people will be complete scumbags organizing a plan to kick another person is EVEN LOWER.  

I PUG 30-50 missions every night.  Out of those, I probably get 1 or 2 missions where any team members talk.  In 99.9% of the PUG missions I run every night, EVERYONE is just trying to rush through.  Nobody has time to be a jerk because hardly anyone cares to put that much effort into it.  I only see jerks in a mission when we are MASSIVELY failing the mission due a few people being undergeared, underleveled, or just not being good players.  That almost NEVER happens because most missions are too easy to care about.  

People worried that a Vote-Kick will be used to troll en masse are just being overly worried.  Vote-Kick is barely abused in most other games.  Most people don't care enough in Warframe to troll like this as most missions are speed-runs.  

Your anechdotal 'evidence' and opinions are not what will make this change occur, nor will the fact other games 'hardly see issues' with this feature.

Show DE factual information that this is a wide spread enough issue that players are quitting and not spending more money.

Fact. Statistics. That will change the DE direction, not personal observations.

Your own words here indicate to me there is not a wide spread issue, just looking at the number of issues you claim to have now.

I mean, you just said 99.9% seem fine, right? I deal in multi-million dollar sales and 99.9% is awesome... 

'Leechers' make you angry, I get it. Anger wants results and to lay blame.

Vote-kick is not the way to fix that, IMO, there are better automated processes to discourage playstyles DE does not condone.

15 minutes ago, MajorPrankster said:

Your anechdotal 'evidence' and opinions are not what will make this change occur, nor will the fact other games 'hardly see issues' with this feature.

Show DE factual information that this is a wide spread enough issue that players are quitting and not spending more money.

Fact. Statistics. That will change the DE direction, not personal observations.

Your own words here indicate to me there is not a wide spread issue, just looking at the number of issues you claim to have now.

I mean, you just said 99.9% seem fine, right? I deal in multi-million dollar sales and 99.9% is awesome... 

'Leechers' make you angry, I get it. Anger wants results and to lay blame.

Vote-kick is not the way to fix that, IMO, there are better automated processes to discourage playstyles DE does not condone.

Nowhere in my post did I say that my statements were "Fact", thus you pointing out that my anecdotal evidence "is not fact, and will not convince" just makes you look foolish.  In fact, your statement implying that "it will not sway DE's decision" is also anecdotal, as you have no idea.  DE makes changes all the time based on player outrage that aren't governed by "facts or statistics" (thus pointing to your assertion likely being wrong).  My anecdotal experiences are far more convincing than your anecdotal worry-mongering based on zero mentioned experience, simply because you have nothing to back it up.  At least I have stories and observations.  You only have assertions.  

Edited by AlMcFly

Ok this getting out of hand right now this is still going on I understand that many of you want to get your point across the kick option is good or bad thing many want it this to happen many of us don't some on the fence like as myself this a firestorm over a kick option which is quite to discuss over "if" it should be added good kick trolls etc bad gets into the wrong hands if it was added it should be a reason to choose from ex afk trolling etc like when reporting a user in chat due this or that 

but if your reason is false you get the hard end of the stick 

personality i'm on the fence

It's ironic that the leading defense against a Vote Kick system is "You shouldn't enter PUGs if you don't want to see leeches."  

If there were a Vote Kick system already in-game and somebody were complaining about being unfairly kicked from group, you'd see a slew of responses saying "Hey, if you don't want to risk getting kicked for no reason, you shouldn't enter PUGs."  

This is your internet folks.  

Edited by AlMcFly

Just now, AlMcFly said:

Nowhere in my post did I say that my statements were "Fact", thus you pointing out that my anecdotal evidence "is not fact" just makes you look foolish.  My anecdotal experiences are far more convincing than your anecdotal worry-mongering based on zero mentioned experience.  

Ha. 'Worry mongering'. FUD is what is being spread alright - FUD of having to deal with (hordes of) 'leechers'.

I never said you stated your opinion as fact, just unreliable evidence. I mentioned Facts and Statistics because that will sway DE, nothing else, IMO.

I am trying to convince the players invested in making this change need Facts and Fiscal Statistics, because IME that will make a game company change Code.

My _opinion_ is that a vote-kick mechanic is not worth the ROI.

My _opinion_ is that if 'leechers' and 'noobs' bother people to a degree that they need a code change while the statistics DE has do not back up that assertion, then those players might be too emotionl invested, I have had close friends need help there and these games can be destructive and addicting. 

DE will do what DE think best on the matter and the current state of the game and playerbase don't seem to warrant a vote-kick system being added currently.

That could change, if DE thinks there is a need.

My 2c - while a kick system would be useful in a very small number of cases where there is a legit leecher, I think the system would be open to abuse too much and cause more salt than it's worth. It's good that Warframe is welcoming when it comes to public matchmaking.

On 2018-07-19 at 9:49 AM, CupcakesMoo said:

You don't need to compare the games at all. This is not football. 

Soccer? Well it's a great sport and I enjoy watching it a lot. 

Warframe must remain warframe and keep the toxicity out. Destiny sucked bowls hard and so Battlefield. That type of horse excrement must never reach Warframe. The kicking option is the wrong path to take. We are smart enough to tackle problems of discipline and mature enough to select with who we want to play. Warframe is an environment with enough freedom allowing the player evade potential problems. That responsibility lies within him. A kicking option provides toxic behavior and possible bullying. We do not want such behavior here. 

Destiny, Halo, Battlefield, Overwatch and Fortnite have detrimental communities because of those illnesses. The kick option is another weapon in the arsenal to make other players feel bad due to their performance at the game. DE was wise to exclude such option. If few of you wants it, then visit Destiny.

This is why I said the following:

Destiny 2 < Destiny 1 < Battlefield < Fortnite < PUBG < Overwatch <....< Minecraft < Tetris <....< Warframe. 

Edited by Felsagger

On 2018-07-11 at 6:22 AM, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I feel as if this option is long overdo but I need this in my life and would like some feedback. There are times where myself and others are doing an objective like Eidolon hunting or doing sorties and there will be a player who decides to do nothing or go off to fish or mine ores while we do everything else. During eidolon fights they usually wait until we're finished and then come swoop in to take the loot. I know some of you are thinking to just abort and start over but sometimes we do not notice until it's too late. Coming across afk players or uncooperative ones are a bit of a pain and I do not like the idea of doing work for those that are not contributing. New players usually come in runs and say off the bat "I don't know what to do" for eidolon runs or kuva siphons and that is perfectly fine because I enjoy helping out new players. It's just the ones that are lazy and enjoy trolling are not needed. I guess the problem that could occur is that people will abuse the system by kicking out players that have low MR before they even get a chance to play. I see that being a thing in sorties and especially eidolon hunting so I guess it could backfire. I just want to see where everyone else stands on the option.

How about after the vote, there is a check for a specific time for player's activity, if he isn't active for that time, he gets kicked

Without thinking what would happen if such a measure was implemented, I'd rather think of what has happened to me so far in the game to justify it or not. In the thousands of missions I've played so far there have been only 2 or 3 cases where I wished such a kick option existed. One was during the Pacifism Defect event where a player in a random group wanted to extract at 5 minutes and after complaining, whining for another 15 or so, proceeded to swearing and threatening. That's the best example I can give. There have been another couple of times in Eidolon hunts where there was an obviously "malicious" afk at work.

With those examples in mind, and their rarity, I have to say "no" to the kick option. I'd rather not risk the potential abuse when it seems (to me, at least) so rare a need for it.