Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow Is Beyond $&*&*#(%&ed

(XBOX)LegionOfHunt12

Question

Chains Of Harrow

Thr most $&*&*#(%&ed quest in WarFrame. I just about quit the game because of how #*!%ing $&*&*#(%&ed this is. Go in and shoot an impossible to kill troll face black kid while a bunch of unkillable-infinite damage demons hit me at the same time. The quest is impossible to beat, it’s boring, $&*&*#(%&ed and it prevents me from being able to do anything until I complete it. DE wtf is wrong with you guys? You make a quest that is impossible to beat because no matter what you get insta killed. But not only that, but what’s worse is the fact that you can’t have a buddy to help you on it. Nope, you have to go in solo and attack a dude that won’t die while you die instantly. I’m master 6 and have been easily able to fight in every mission leading up to this. I can hold my own is Sorties that are levels  60-80 and yet I get insta killed by a level 25-35 mission. This is bullS#&$. Ash can’t target Him with teleport, blade storm, or shuriken. Excalibur is sucky because exalted blade will #*!%ing auto aim away from the manifestation and start attacking the unkillable, untargetsble demons. Zephyr is worthless because tanky is useless if ur gonna get instakilled. So seriously wtf DE? This is beyond annoying. 

Thr question for for this post is if anyone knows a quick cheese for the quest or if they can figure out a way to bypass it so I can move on with The sacrifice.

It's doable with a barely modded boltor without a catalyst.

Since you have ash prime, it's even easier, get enough energy and stay in stealth while you're fighting him, so you don't get attacked.

+ You've obviously rushed content at Mr6.

In all honesty, I did the same, but throwing insults will not help, upgrade your mods, that's it.

Also sorties are harder than this quest, if you can hold your own there, this quest should be a walk in the park.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)LegionOfHunt12 said:

The quest is impossible to beat

It's actually really simple to beat. Most of those unkillable untargetable demons don't have to be killed - you just have to escape them.

Just do as the Lotus tells you and get out of there. I suggest you watch a video on youtube and see how they do it.

The only fight you absolutely have to fight is the one at the end. Spoilers: you might need to bring a good-ish Amp and have some levels in Focus.

Calm down there

there are options to turn off auto aim

Don't blame your incompetence on DE

It's quite easy, even with a rank 4 mot amp and operator with no arcanes

Also at mastery 6, you seem to be rushing quests and stuff for ur operator

just use a siphon, attack, repeat

zephyr with turbulence can tank it easily

edit : also dont just stand there like a brick

there's bullet jumping and dodging for a reason

Edited by (XB1)AbroadGem64683

No offense but the quick cheese your looking for is to get better. 

On another note are you sure you're performing the quest's task correctly? That is to damage and Capture Rell's Manifestations all those adds that spawn can easily be ignored.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)LegionOfHunt12 said:

Chains Of Harrow

Thr most $&*&*#(%&ed quest in WarFrame. I just about quit the game because of how #*!%ing $&*&*#(%&ed this is. Go in and shoot an impossible to kill troll face black kid while a bunch of unkillable-infinite damage demons hit me at the same time. The quest is impossible to beat, it’s boring, $&*&*#(%&ed and it prevents me from being able to do anything until I complete it. DE wtf is wrong with you guys? You make a quest that is impossible to beat because no matter what you get insta killed. But not only that, but what’s worse is the fact that you can’t have a buddy to help you on it. Nope, you have to go in solo and attack a dude that won’t die while you die instantly. I’m master 6 and have been easily able to fight in every mission leading up to this. I can hold my own is Sorties that are levels  60-80 and yet I get insta killed by a level 25-35 mission. This is bullS#&$. Ash can’t target Him with teleport, blade storm, or shuriken. Excalibur is sucky because exalted blade will #*!%ing auto aim away from the manifestation and start attacking the unkillable, untargetsble demons. Zephyr is worthless because tanky is useless if ur gonna get instakilled. So seriously wtf DE? This is beyond annoying. 

Thr question for for this post is if anyone knows a quick cheese for the quest or if they can figure out a way to bypass it so I can move on with The sacrifice.

A nother quest rusher....if you think Chains of Haŕrow is an imposible quest then you will most certainly unninstal the game if you somehow make it trought and start the sacrefice.

Edited by Nephalem

1 hour ago, (XB1)LegionOfHunt12 said:

Chains Of Harrow

The quest is not impossible to beat. Otherwise many player couldn’t do sacrifice.

What part are you in at the moment?

I’m guessing you’re at the part where you have to “collect” rel emotion.. did you do it correctly? Turn on the siphon and stuff? Because without it you really can’t do it.

oh if you want to cheese any mission try to be a good ivara

4 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

It's doable with a barely modded boltor without a catalyst.

Since you have ash prime, it's even easier, get enough energy and stay in stealth while you're fighting him, so you don't get attacked.

+ You've obviously rushed content at Mr6.

In all honesty, I did the same, but throwing insults will not help, upgrade your mods, that's it.

Also sorties are harder than this quest, if you can hold your own there, this quest should be a walk in the park.

I’m not entirelly sure if he even ever done sorties before.. 

7 minutes ago, novalery said:

I’m not entirelly sure if he even ever done sorties before.. 

I was going to ask if holding his own means staying in stealth and spamming FT and BS with Ash but decided it would be too aggressive.

Seriously dude? Chains of Harrow was many thing, but challenging? Nope. In fact, the horror element it's aiming for is kneecapped by how utterly harmless those enemies are. Here's some simple tip: Use Rhino and press 2, then laugh at those little shadows try to tickle you. You can probably do the same thing with Oberon if you have Rage/Hunter Adrenaline. All rell does is CC you, which would be real scary if his posse can actually hurt you at all.

I ran that quest with a Zarr, and I was more afraid of my own gun than those spoopy things.

I did a lot of "WUT" while reading this. 

OP, sounds like your gear is not enough to get through this quest that or you're just getting overwhelmed while trying to collect the emotions by zombies. 

This quest wasn't even remotely hard, just annoying because of travel time XD. I highly recommend taking a break, take a nap, get a snack, punch your pillow, and then maybe check out some youtube videos on what others have done. Get your mind clear and come back refreshed to try again. And as i said, make sure your gear is up to par for this. Mods maxed, decent build, useful weapons, etc.

6 hours ago, Kebast said:

I loved chains of harrow... My favorite quest in the game. Sorry you didn't like it

This!

Hey Kiddo, I LOVE this quest - did it 2 more times for fun - the only real spooky content in the game!  :redveil:

If you think this is too much, you should maybe abort this quest and pick it up in a few months - Rell-y!

Maybe also, you could turn the sound off and it wouldn't be so scary - might do a lot better?

Edited by Canach

On 2018-07-20 at 2:41 AM, novalery said:

The quest is not impossible to beat. Otherwise many player couldn’t do sacrifice.

What part are you in at the moment?

I’m guessing you’re at the part where you have to “collect” rel emotion.. did you do it correctly? Turn on the siphon and stuff? Because without it you really can’t do it.

oh if you want to cheese any mission try to be a good ivara

I’m in the second stage of collecting his manifestations. I’m unsure how Ashe makes it easier. I can try to jump away but they have the stun on me. (basically the harrow chains ability) I have a S#&$ ton of siphons so I’m good in that department. My health and armor are both at about 1,000 and my damage is pretty damn good. The problem is that the siphons don’t  last long enough for me to reposition and get any decent damage off. I’m assuming I should get health consumables? I’m may also be halfway $&*&*#(%&ed, hence my inability to complete what some call an easy quest.