Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why buy Rhino visuals, if iron skin look will mess it all up ?

BoBJones17

Honestly, Rhino's not even the worst offender. Look at Mirage's 3rd, makes you look like blue bubblegum that someone chewed and spit out. Mirage is one of my favorite fashion frames, but the 3rd just completely ruins the look. Maybe they could have an option to remove ability effects or just reduce it to something like how Mesa's 3rd looks or just an outline of your warframe with your energy color.

Edited by Imahealer1x

12 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Nice job

9c9.gif

When you buy cosmetics in a game where you have visual effects that are fully capable of obscuring your character model, whether that's invisibility, a coat of metallics, the glowing/cloudy effects of Eclipse etc., just having those nice customisations is fine. If you actually want to show them off, there are options to do that, and anybody actually interested in your fashion frame will just look at your Profile to see it while you're not running around.

In four years I've played, and the two years I've enjoyed fashion-frame, the reason I do it is for me, not for any of the rest of you. Even if I'm invisible, I know that stuff is there.

Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship with fashion frame.

"Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship with fashion frame." Again, this is your opinion. Cant you see youre holding your opinion as a absolute truth ? 

You didnt got the point ? 

Here is the pointlet me help you out: When you buy a skin you buy a visual. Its suposed to be seen. if you cant see it, defeats the purpouse.

Visual - adjective  -  US  /ˈvɪʒ·u·əl/ -  relative to seeing
Straight from the dictionary 

If me showing off is a problem for you, then you have a "unhealthy relationship" with logic.

8 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Honestly, the custom skins really should have custom iron skin attachments similar to what the Nidus skin has in it's custom armor plates.

As long as the custon look dont defeat the purpose of buying a skin, im all for it. Honestly i think that by giveing players the option of turning it of would solve the problem,

6 hours ago, Imahealer1x said:

Honestly, Rhino's not even the worst offender. Look at Mirage's 3rd, makes you look like blue bubblegum that some chewed and spit out. Mirage is one of my favorite fashion frames, but the 3rd just completely ruins the look. Maybe they could have an option to remove ability effects or just reduce it to something like how Mesa's 3rd looks or just an outline of your warframe with your energy color.

agreed, they gota rise transparency on the copyes.... or again, give you a option to turn it off.... 

24 minutes ago, BoBJones17 said:

If me showing off is a problem for you, then you have a "unhealthy relationship" with logic.

Fashion, a completely illogical and purely subjective, personal taste related topic connected to dressing or clothing yourself or another, even a digital avatar, that is done for multiple reasons, including but not limited to, advertising, achieving visual aesthetic for an audience or personal preference. Fashion is neither an absolute, nor is it something that requires external viewpoints to have. Fashion can be good or bad, but, like Art, it just exists as itself.

Applying an absolute like 'You're buying a visual, it's there to be seen' is the illogical part of this, because you do not have to be seen to have fashion. Even by yourself, when it comes to that.

Far from me applying an absolute, I'm applying the absence of absolutes, there is no right answer here, nor are there any wrong ones. It just... is.

Anyone applying their own point of view as the reason that Fashion Frame exists, or that something as limited and short-sighted as 'being seen' is the absolute function of Fashion, clearly does not understand what Fashion is.

Thus, if buying an item and equipping it is given worth solely by others viewing it, relying purely upon those others for its value? That's where you have an unhealthy relationship with Fashion Frame.

Edited by Thaylien

13 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Fashion, a completely illogical and purely subjective, personal taste related topic connected to dressing or clothing yourself or another, even a digital avatar, that is done for multiple reasons, including but not limited to, advertising, achieving visual aesthetic for an audience or personal preference. Fashion is neither an absolute, nor is it something that requires external viewpoints to have. Fashion can be good or bad, but, like Art, it just exists as itself.

Applying an absolute like 'You're buying a visual, it's there to be seen' is the illogical part of this, because you do not have to be seen to have fashion. Even by yourself, when it comes to that.

Far from me applying an absolute, I'm applying the absence of absolutes, there is no right answer here, nor are there any wrong ones. It just... is.

Anyone applying their own point of view as the reason that Fashion Frame exists, or that something as limited and short-sighted as 'being seen' is the absolute function of Fashion, clearly does not understand what Fashion is.

Thus, if buying an item and equipping it is given worth solely by others viewing it, relying purely upon those others for its value? That's where you have an unhealthy relationship with Fashion Frame.

First of all, you worte that "visual, it's there to be seenis illogical...that nonsence alone is enough for me to rest my case and ignore the rest of your text. Its the same as say that water making things wet is illogical... but hey, lets keep going.

"... personal taste related topic..." if its personal, then how do you affirm "Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship" ? do you hapen to know everybody elses reasons ?  didnt think so...

"...there is no right answer here..."  "right" is as relative as the definition of "unhealthy" in this case, and yet, here you are talking about "unhealthy relationship".

"short-sighted as 'being seen'". LOL... poor choice of words 

You say that "equipping it is given worth solely by others viewing it, relying purely upon those others for its value?" is when you have a "unhealthy relationship".. Again... who are you to say whats unhealthy ? 

Was i clear in points out your logic flaws ? 

Have you noticed your contradictions ?

And most important...if the theme of this topic is, sujective, unimportant, or indiferent for you... Why are you still here ?

So, I've been waiting for the blade of the lotus skin for many many months, only to find out that the skin is pretty much ruined by the iron skin texture. It obnoxiously covers ever part of the frame leaving you looking like a giant gold, or w/e other color you picked, nugget. There is no reason for me to buy this skin if I wont even see it properly during the majority of the time i spend playing this game. The way the palatine iron skin looks visually is perfect IMO. I can see that its active but it doesn't completely obscure the frame.
At present, we are able to toggle prime aspects on other skins or even choose to use the non primed skin of a warframe. Would it be possible for an option to select which style of visual to use for iron skin? Whether palatine, prime or non-prime.
If that's too much to ask, even just the option to toggle, or a transparency slider for iron skin, I believe, would be greatly appreciated by many players.

2 hours ago, BoBJones17 said:

As long as the custon look dont defeat the purpose of buying a skin, im all for it. Honestly i think that by giveing players the option of turning it of would solve the problem,

Well, if the custom skin had it's own custom ironskin animation, I'd imagine that they would fit together.

I really think though that DE should let you preview what the iron skin looks like just like you can with Nidus's mutations.

16 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Nice job

9c9.gif

When you buy cosmetics in a game where you have visual effects that are fully capable of obscuring your character model, whether that's invisibility, a coat of metallics, the glowing/cloudy effects of Eclipse etc., just having those nice customisations is fine. If you actually want to show them off, there are options to do that, and anybody actually interested in your fashion frame will just look at your Profile to see it while you're not running around.

In four years I've played, and the two years I've enjoyed fashion-frame, the reason I do it is for me, not for any of the rest of you. Even if I'm invisible, I know that stuff is there.

Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship with fashion frame.

That's not how you do fashionframe. Look at Ivara mains, for example. Fashionframe has no point for them as a proper Ivara is one you never see, ever. (because Prowl :P)

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's not how you do fashionframe. Look at Ivara mains, for example. Fashionframe has no point for them as a proper Ivara is one you never see, ever. (because Prowl :P)

Yes, but Rhino isn't invisible.

I wonder how much flak I'm going to get for this...

Fixing spelling mistakes because I hate my self

"First of all, you wrote that "visual, it's there to be seen" is illogical...that nonsense alone is enough for me to rest my case and ignore the rest of your text. Its the same as say that water making things wet is illogical... but hey, lets keep going.

"... personal taste related topic..." if its personal, then how do you affirm "Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship" ? do you happen to know everybody's reasons? Didn't think so...

"...there is no right answer here..."  "Right" is as relative as the definition of "unhealthy" in this case, and yet, here you are talking about "unhealthy relationship".

"short-sighted as 'being seen.'" Poor choice of words 

You say that "equipping it is given worth solely by others viewing it, relying purely upon those others for its value?" is when you have a "unhealthy relationship".. Again... who are you to say whats unhealthy ? 

Was I clear and pointed out your logic flaws? 

Have you noticed your contradictions?

And most importantly, if the theme of this topic is, subjective, unimportant, or indifferent for you, then are you still here?"

My actual response to this issue

Alright. I honestly don't mind Iron Skin applying a visual effect, I don't understand why it completely recolors your Warframe. In my opinion, it should add a shimmering/reflective surface, while also being mostly transparent. So it does indeed apply a visual effect, It doesn't make you look like a walking chunk of gold. However, you should be able to switch from a completely enclosed suit of combat armor composed of shaped Adamantium and Plasteel plates, encased in a gold colored Ceramite ablative layer, to a shimmering outer coating. Also, Theylein, in my humble opinion, you're incorrect, as the whole purpose of fashion is to show off, and look good to others, and yourself.

On 2018-07-22 at 9:13 PM, TrinXT said:

I didn't miss your point. Your point is just bad. They shouldn't have to pick between playing the game or admiring their aesthetics.

So i would guess that you have a similar issue that Ivara is often stealth all the time and thus skins for her are similarly worthless? They don't have to Pick. they just have to accept that using X ability will affect how the skin looks at the time while using it. Iron Skin is worthless in a Fashion environment but hey the good thing is that in a "Look at my Fashion location" abilities are normally locked... And you can easily show off your fashion/fail (way too many wholly pink frames) at the start of a mission before you cast anything or start combat

The moment I saw the Blade of the Lotus skin for Rhino in the Steam Workshop I decided it was going to be a release day purchase, and you know what? I did, I bought it the day of release. Just like many players here I spent several minutes getting the colors just the way I liked them and hopped immediately into a mission to be greeted by sincere disappointment and buyer's remorse. I asked myself the very same question the title of this thread asks; "what is the point?" If I had known it would use the default Ironskin visual effect I would have saved my money and went about my business. I love the skin and the concept and idea of what Tennogen does and offers, I really do but seeing that ugly visual effect soured it for me. I still plan to use it because I spent several platinum worth of real world money on a singular skin but that disappointment is not going to vanish over night or any time soon for that matter and it will play a part in my decision making when it comes to future purchases. 

Anyways, rather than continue complaining let me propose an idea. When you buy any warframe deluxe skin that comes with a unique visual effect associated with it the stated visual effect is saved and moved to the attachment section where you can equip it on a base skin, prime skin if the warframe being used is the primed variant, and or a Tennogen skin, this way neither the purchase of the deluxe skin nor a Tennogen skin feels wasted. If I could use the Palatine Ironskin visual effect I would be immensely grateful, happy and any feeling of disappointment and regret would vanish.

And in case someone wanted to ask... Yes, keep the prime attachments that come with a primed warframe locked to the primed warframe. 

Edited by Invellous
Edited for greater clarity and grammatical error correction.

2 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

So i would guess that you have a similar issue that Ivara is often stealth all the time and thus skins for her are similarly worthless? They don't have to Pick. they just have to accept that using X ability will affect how the skin looks at the time while using it. Iron Skin is worthless in a Fashion environment but hey the good thing is that in a "Look at my Fashion location" abilities are normally locked... And you can easily show off your fashion/fail (way too many wholly pink frames) at the start of a mission before you cast anything or start combat

Basically what you're saying is invisible frames can't see their stuff when they're invisible so nobody should be able to with another frame if they have an ability that obstructs view of the skin. 

Edited by TrinXT

5 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

There is a difference between stealth and looking like a giant reflective gold nugget....One of those is ridiculous.  If you don't care, it wont even affect you so idk why you have to oppose the idea of a toggle.

4 hours ago, Invellous said:

And in case someone wanted to ask... Yes, keep the prime attachments that come with a primed warframe locked to the primed warframe. 

I agree with the rest of your post...But why this? There is already a prime attachments toggle so why would you want less options?
What makes the attachments different from an ability visual?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

"Looks at all the abilities that create visual waste that not only cover a skin but also the entire map"

Yeah. Iron skin right.

Dont even try...There is no map ability that obscures warframes in the same why that iron skin does. Mirage's eclipse ability is probably the most similar to iron skin in this regard but that is still limited to the frame. There are other frames that have aura-like visuals, like mesa's ballistic battery or valkyr's warcry for example, but in a way that looks cool or just doesnt throw a bucket of metallic paint over the frame. The prime iron skin texture just looks terrible. Palatine Iron skin is best version imo.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Reihjin:

Dont even try...There is no map ability that obscures warframes in the same why that iron skin does. Mirage's eclipse ability is probably the most similar to iron skin in this regard but that is still limited to the frame. There are other frames that have aura-like visuals, like mesa's ballistic battery or valkyr's warcry for example, but in a way that looks cool or just doesnt throw a bucket of metallic paint over the frame. The prime iron skin texture just looks terrible. Palatine Iron skin is best version imo.

Embers wof and fire blast, excal spamming blinds and waves, zephyrs turbulence, volts abilities in generall... really just any frame that's using his energy color at all obscures the screen... and that is even without fire eximi spamming theyr map wide bs.

Is there any way to change other peoples energy color for yourself or why are we trying to scrub it off?