Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong: The forgotten Warframe

-Onyx-AquaDragon42

I have been trying to play Wukong lately and honestly he feels a bit weak, especially with his exalted weapon known as "Iron Staff".  It's damage is nearly entirely Impact with some Puncture meaning the user would have to mod for Viral or the like to deal decent damage to flesh.  On top of this Iron Jab does not always knock down the enemies like it's supposed to and Cloud Walker is the worst type of invisibility since you cant to anything while invisible like Ash or Loki.  

If you're not dealing enough damage with the Iron Staff, your build is wrong.

Effective damage due to a lack of range is low, yes, but the damage it can deal when it hits is high.

Agreed on your other points, plus Defy is boring and useless in far too much content as well. 

He'll get looked over one day.

17 hours ago, AquaDragon42 said:

I have been trying to play Wukong lately and honestly he feels a bit weak, especially with his exalted weapon known as "Iron Staff".  It's damage is nearly entirely Impact with some Puncture meaning the user would have to mod for Viral or the like to deal decent damage to flesh.  On top of this Iron Jab does not always knock down the enemies like it's supposed to and Cloud Walker is the worst type of invisibility since you cant to anything while invisible like Ash or Loki.  

His iron staff is more op than exaLted blade. Slap the gladiator mods on wukong, make sure u have drifting contact on the iron staff as well as both umbral mods, then stack elements and reach and u can literally take enemies at any tier with ease.

6 hours ago, AquaDragon42 said:

I forgot to mention this before, but Wukong's passive is also lack luster at best.  It is out shined by things such as Drifting Contact (which at the time of this post is still able to be modded into Iron Staff).

His passive stacks with drifting. Whats lack luster about that?

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

His iron staff is more op than exaLted blade.

Exalted Blade has Range / Punch Through / Chromatic Blade funzies going for it, though.

For "just" high damage, I might as well use my regular (lol 0 Energy) Melee weapon.
... and Hek, if that does fail to kill instantly, so what, Defy lets me wail on enemies with impunity, anyway 😛

Edited by NinjaZeku

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

His iron staff is more op than exaLted blade. Slap the gladiator mods on wukong, make sure u have drifting contact on the iron staff as well as both umbral mods, then stack elements and reach and u can literally take enemies at any tier with ease.

In no universe will this ever be true.

Aside from all the obvious superior traits Exalted Blade has, Iron staff has a measly 10% base status chance.

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Aside from all the obvious superior traits Exalted Blade has, Iron staff has a measly 10% base status chance.

I mean it definitely depends on the situation you find yourself in.

With Defy and general warframe movement, "Range" is not as big a deal because reaching enemies is simple (also EB does have fall off). That isn't to say his Iron Staff couldn't use more range (personally melee reach mods shouldn't be pre-calculated into his 200% range cap and even then the cap might be too low for the imagery that is Wukong).

Per hit potential Wukong is second after Valkyr (making Excalibur last) thanks to the red crits. Without Blind and Chromatic Blade (and CO), EB would be laughable because it doesn't fit as well in the combo meta. While Valkyr can really take off in single target DPS, the slight advantages to Wukong's range can easily make him deal more damage than either Valkyr or Excalibur in enemy dense situations.

Maybe the melee rework will changes things.

19 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

Maybe the melee rework will changes things.

DE did say in the Melee Rework thread, they are adjusting the Melee's range and Reach mod. Reach and Range adjustment would probably make short range weapons better in Crowds while making weapons like the Atterax have such a Insane range. Atterax's range is what makes it so good at wiping crowds constantly if you combo it with Maiming Strike and Blood Rush. Not sure how the Range adjustment is going to affect Exalted blade since you can already throw waves of energy at enemies instead of getting close to the enemies like with the other Melee frames. If the range adjustment gets Transferred to the Exalted Weapons, then Valkyr's Talons and Wukong's Iron Staff would see a Improvement in their Range.

Edit: Valkyr's Talons and Wukong's Iron Staff have the same amount of Status Chance but Hysteria got twice the amount of Crit Chance.

Edited by VPrime96

9 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Only Exalted Melee weapon with this feature.

... yes, I know, what's your point?

Also, while not the same features as EB, Valkyr's Hysteria likewise has more than damage going for it.

Primal Fury is just very underwhelming in comparison, it's just damage, and doesn't even have a great / fun Stance.

12 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Mod for crit.

Exalted has 10% base status as well 

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

@AquaDragon42 in case it needs reiterating, Iron Staff absolutely does not need more damage.

Spoiler

KZ8y5xJ.jpg

This was a typical Mot run, 40 minutes long. 71% damage dealt, teammate kill numbers not incomparable.

Bear in mind that this includes ''overkill'' damage, which further proves that the Iron Staff can deal a hell of a lot of damage when built and used by a complete no life who plays almost nothing but Wukong... correctly.

(Teammates were Nidus x2 and Excal Umbra, if anyone is curious)

Wukongs staff should be the most balanced of the Exalted melee.. With decent crit and status, a normalized and useful attack range and a simple but wide reaching Combo.

i can build to get red crits with my Wukongs staff.. base damage is NOT the issue with it.. terrible range and weak Combos is another story...

now, it having issues against Armor is a common trait to most weapons that cannot strip armor. Staffs Focus on impact makes it even more noticeable and you have to have some kind of armor stripping on the staff to kill enemies on the extreme end of the armor scale.

it is true that build right, Valkyrs claws are far more powerful, and that Excal can also do huge amounts of damage while total ignoring armor thanks to Corrosive procs on Chromatic.. A single Slide attack with my best Valkyr build can one shot the toughest Corrupted Heavy Gunners i can spawn in the Simulacrum, Excal can on a short time come close.. All 3 Exaulted Frames can one shot with a finisher that they can force on enemies (Wukong cloud opens, Excal Flash opens, Valkyr heavy attack can force and Paralyse can open too).

Basically... up close Valkyr can do the most damage in the shortest amount of time due to excessive crit capability and Insane Slide attack damage. Excal comes up next with the ability to freely ignore the defenses of enemies by building chromatic right. Wukong has Good crit and status chance, but range that isnt really much better than Valkyrs and Combos that work very poorly for the most part... if not for the the points wukong would have the most balanced of the Exaulted weapons....

of course we cannot ignore Diwata... actually i think we can because using puts you in unnecessary danger to being with.

Am 29.7.2018 um 06:18 schrieb AquaDragon42:

I have been trying to play Wukong lately and honestly he feels a bit weak,(...) and Cloud Walker is the worst type of invisibility since you cant to anything while invisible like Ash or Loki.  

He can literally turn invincible...

This makes him one of the strongest Warframes.

And while, yes, Cloud Walker limits your options, you are still literally invincible.

If DE want's to change anything about Wukong, they have to basically remove Defy from his kit.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Yes, Captain Obvious. Iron Staff is obviously a crit weapon

Also, Exalted Blade has the Chromatic Blade

Iron staff has primal rage augment... Couple that with sacrificial pressure/steel, drifting contact, primed reach, primed feverstrike, voltaic strike, berzerker and mod wukong with all three gladiator mods... Allowing iron staff to gain crit bonus after combo counter reaches at least 1.... Iron staff is a beastly melee with 250 base dmg.