Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PRIMED STRETCH

T.Gpro

16 hours ago, (XB1)Cephalon Envy said:

One of the main reasons the game is trivialize as of now is because no one sees the pointt of going past 20 waves/min, ect. 

since ensintives arent that great except in endless void missions. Other than that the're are no bonuses . it just ends up like the scaling on kuva in kuva survivals. it never changes. if they added an encentive to go for 2+ hours then i would love to see things like prime reach to help keep allies allive with constant cc. this could also push min/maxing to a whole no point. not gonna lie in maxing range on saryn all the way lmao  😜

Way back in the day going for Wave 4 in Warframe was not easy. Enemies were tougher and you were much weaker. Over time the game has evolved and granted more tools to make the player more powerful and giving more tools to deal with the content. Point there is that your suggested reason is only part of the story.

But if you already feel this way then trivializing it even further isn't going to help you. And if you genuinely believe you need a mod that is functionally Overextended but without the cost (Even Primed Continuity is weaker as it gives +55% ability duration compared to Narrow Minded which gives +99% ability duration and - 66% ability range -- as opposed to the suggested Primed Reach giving +100% Ability range compared to Overextended giving +99% ability range and - 60% ability strength).

You said it yourself, the very reason DE nerfed Mirage and Synoid Simulor and reworked Ember´s World on Fire is the same reason you want this kind of mod for your Saryn. Reason was because they made the game automated and uninteresting experience for the rest of the players in that team, chose them or not. Fun for you, not for anyone else. This example of yours is exactly the very reason DE has said they will not publish these kinds of mods. I am not even a game developer yet (still learning Software programming in school) but it is perfectly easy to understand why that is bad game design.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Because Corrupted Mods happened, if it wasn't for them, we would probably get Primed versions of the regular mods too. I think even DE admitted Corrupted mods like Blind Rage, Overextended, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded were a big mistake during one of the devstreams. More than that you can actually use both types at the same time, now that would be too much for powercreep issues. We're good we killed the idea of Warframe Rivens in the dev. womb.

So, for now if you want higher stats, it's just the workarounds like Umbrial, Drift or set mods.

Personally, while I do use Corrupted mods, I also agree it was a very bad idea to introduce such mods. All DE had to do is buffing Continuity, Intensify and Streamline's values up to 45% to fit match the Stretch mod. As well as increasing energy drain from 9 to 11 for each.

Edited by Thundervision

• 2 years later...

Id support a umbra stretch that increases to 55% up to 70% if 2 other umbral mods are equipped, this would balance the power creep with heavy mod capacity load as well as not stacking with normal stretch, another solution is a 16 capacity primed constitution with only 40% range instead. I dont say that for min max build that crank range to over 300% (In fact a hard cap in range would help to prevent huge power creep) but because I have seen and tested several builds that need just 10 to 20% more range and no matter what mods I combine I cant reach that sweetspot. Got a gauss build with well balanced stats and range is stuck at 94%, just want it at around 110ish but no matter how I combine mods I cant reach it. Same for a revenant build, focused on power strenght but not as much to reduce other stats and ended up with just slight of 100% range.

• Like 3