Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to do sorties, any advice?

ArciaRinslet

Question

Well, is just that. +50 level enemies are impossible for my weapons to handle since they deal very little to 0 damage, so I need some advice. I only have a few potatos and I don't want to waste them.

Right now I'm using Lesion (no potato, no forma), Dread (potato, no forma. It struggles with +30 level enemies. I know it needs a couple of formas and a couple of hard-to-get mods to be good) and Azima (loging bonus, so potato preinstaled, no forma)

I prefer to use melee weapons all the time, but I know that sometimes I need to use primary weapons for bosses, so I'm open to everything.

17 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, PhantomThiefOfHearts said:

first of all you gotta understand that bows are trash and in most occasions your damage comes from your warframe abilities 

farming banshee / mesa / nidus would pay off greatly

Ignore this for now. Lesion is worth a catalyst, get working on aquiring mods and forma bp's, gradually improve the weapons and frmaes you have, and don't worry about sorties. They go from OMG I can't do S#&$, to totally trivial. And mostly, all you will get is Ayatans. Sorties are not 'end game'. in fact, in this game, nothing is.

If you don't want to just be a leecher (of which there are plenty in sorties), you should understand the various sorties and modifiers and what difficulties they'll entail, and have frames+weapons to be able to handle those sorties.

In terms of damage, you'll want a way to bypass shields for Corpus Augmented Shields sorties (eg. toxin and/or slash damage, Gas procs), armor stripping for Augmented Armor sorties (eg. Corrosive status weapons, Corrosive Projection, Saryn Spores), heavy elemental damage capability for Physical Enhancement sorties, and heavy physical damage for Elemental Enhancement sorties.

For other stuff:

• A stealth frame (eg. Loki) is very useful for all those sorties where you don't need to kill anything (Rescue, Spy, Sabotage)
  • Radiation sorties (Elemental Enhancement or Hazard) can be a pain and depending on the type of mission, you can handle it in different ways. Some frames have ways to prevent status effects and can be useful in them.
  • Weapon-only sorties (Assault Rifle, Bow, Sniper, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee) can really suck sometimes, so having a frame that does all their damage from abilities is useful. Exalted Weapon frames are now great options for this now that exalted weapons are modded directly rather than not being modded because Mesa couldn't bring a secondary weapon in to the Melee-only sortie.
  • For Spy sorties, you had better know how to hack since Ciphers are disabled. Corpus hacks are no different, but Grineer hacks fail and shock you if you un-set 3 pins. If you don't know how to hack or do the vaults, don't try as if you fail a single vault the entire mission fails.
  • If you don't have damage frames, support frames can also be very useful. Trinity helps with damage reduction and energy gain (though many people run Zenurik or Arcane Energize and don't need help there), Oberon can provide healing and status immunity, Nidus can also provide status immunity, etc. And having plates (Ammo/Energy/Health Restores) is also useful -- the reusable Large BPs are sold by various syndicates.

So really the question then becomes what mods and frames and weapons do you have? Lesion is a fine weapon, but will be lackluster in Elemental Enhancement sorties as it is a status weapon.

Loki for spy, inaros/nidus for hijack, mesa for everything else. YouTube a recent build for each. Being able to modify peacemakers separately is a godsend. Energy reduction? Bring like 20-30 energy pads.

Weapons I use:

arca plasmor, Rubico, lens

Atterax, nikana prime

Akbolto, akstilletto, something to lvl. 

Akstiletto is fun on shields.

Hey first post woot!

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1

The other thing about Spy sorties is that, AFAIK, you can still use the Liset Air Support Charges to pause the timers on the hacking consoles. So if you're going to leech on a Spy mission, maybe at least bring a couple of those in case the folks doing the vaults need some extra time.

Edited by tobascodagama

Interesting to read the many and varied responses.

Rather than a "killing" frame I would suggest a defensive / support frame - Rhino, Frost, Loki and Limbo will get you through all sorties.

Frost - defense and mobile defense.

Rhino - all missions but especially defense, mobile defense, hijack, exterminate.

Loki - Spy. As others of mentioned unless you are very confident with cracking vaults don't even make an attempt s one fail will fail the mission. You are much better to simply stay invisible and go to extraction when available. Some players are very good at spy and would prefer to do all the vaults than to have you fail one.

Limbo - Mobile defense.

Weapons - do you have a Hek? This will carry you through almost all sortie missions and is available at rank 4. Some sorties are a weapon type only, for example melee only.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

For weapon specific sortie missions try these

Assault Rifle: Opticor, Soma Prime, Ignis (wraith) (status build)

Shotguns: Arca Plasmor, Tigris Prime, Hek

Bows: Cernos (Rakta or Prime) for corpus, Dread for infested, Paris Prime for Grineer

Melee: really anything with a high crit bloodrush build, high status w/ corrosive armor strip build (grineer) or toxin/gas and/or viral for corpus and infested, or a covert lethality one-hand dagger (with compatable warframe abilities)

Secondary: (Ak)Lex Prime, Sicaris Prime, Bllistia Prime, Telos Akboltos, Atmos, Vaykor Marelock Akstilletto Prime

Snipers: Rubico, Lanka, Vectis Prime

This list is just some of my personal suggestions. There are many, many more builds and weapon setups that will serve you just fine then what you see here.

Or just spam an exalted weapon ability like someone else suggested for EZ mode.

Just do pub and get better in the game slowly until you can carry yourself. Bring a support rhino or Inaros with covert lethality so you can survive most of the things in a party while also occasionally roar and stomp and throw sand for CC, or buff your team rather than be a useless invisible baggage. Its ok to die in game. Just avoid the ones that can make the run fail if you're still learning like spy.

Pretty fun reading Limbo since most of the people hate it. I have it and people just complaint about the "bubble" and how they can't damage enemies outside of it.

hace 15 horas, wiinston17 dijo:

Can you provide for info about yourself? What is your MR, which quests have you completed? Who is your main WF?

MR 13

All available quest completed

No main WF, I like variety so I keep changing WFs whenever I feel to, but Frost, Gara, Limbo, Hydroid and Vauban have preference for defense/mobile defense/interception missions, of course. I think I have like 22 or 23 warframes

I'll check, I have the following WFs

Spoiler

Ash P (DE give away, so potato installed)

Banshee

Chroma

Ember

Excalibur Umbra

Frost

Gara

Hydroid

Limbo

Mag (my first warframe, potato installed)

Mirage

Nezha

Nidus

Nyx P (potato)

Oberon (Potato,I don't even remenber it had it)

Octavia

Rhino

Saryn

Titania

Trinity P (Twitch Prime reward, so it have a potato installed)

Valkyr (Potato and exilus adapter, since Valkyr P didn't existed when I intalled the stuff)

Vauban

Volt P

Goku

Zephyr

Inaros, and Saryn Prime are in the foundry too, I'll start farming Banshee P and Valkyr P soon.

I stopped playing when void reliqs were introduced, like 2 years ago I think, and came back recently. But I wasn't interested in sorties so I never really tried, but now I am (because I was focused into farming warframes, I suppose I'm an "armor fetishist" since I always focus into "armors" in other games too, like Monster Hunter 😄)

For the weapons part, my collection is not really big and is compossed of mastery fodder stuff, mainly

Mutalisk Cernos, Dread, Gorgon Wraith, Harpak, Ignis, Mitter, Rubico, Stradavar, Soma, Tenora, Tigris, Tonkor, Zhuge

Akzani, Atomos, Gammacor, Azima, Fisulai, Marelok, Pandero, Sonicor and spira

Broken Scepter, Broken War, Destreza (I think i'll farm the primed one, it is a fun weapon), Dark Sword, Furax Wraith, Gunsen (I know people say it's bad, but I find it fun too), Halikar, Jat Kittag (i don't like it at all), Dual Keres, Kronen, Kronen, Lacera, Lecta, Lesion, Dragon Nikana, Ninkondi, Orthos, Orvius (weird weapon, kind of fun), Redeemer (also fun), Scindo, Ether Reaper, Skiajati, Tipedo, Ether daggers

RNGesus is not by my side when I try to obtain Prime weapons

Assuming that you are still a low MR player (MR7 or so), the easiest way I can suggest for you to quickly get adapted to sorties is:

1. potato your lesion, it's worth it at any level, and is very viable with even 0 forma

2. potato a rhino (prime), build around his 2

That's it and just melee anything. At least you should be able to kill mobs in sorties while staying alive. And till now you do not need any forma yet. Just 2 potatoes. But you'd better get condition overload on your lesion.

Then you need to start formaing your dread and azima. They are both good weapons. Primaries and secondaries usually need some formas to be as usable as melee (at least 2-3). You also need more types of primary weapons to enter some sorties with weapon type restrictions. After that, get some decent frames (with potatoes) for various mission. Normally i use frost/limbo for mobile defense, octavia for survival/defense, limbo/loki for spy, hydroid for interception, excalibur/mesa for extermination, nyx/valkyr for assassin. 

Just queue it. 90% of the time at least one guy in the pug squad will carry the whole thing anyway.

For you to eventually get to that spot too, you should work on your mods. Get some mods leveled up, find a weapon you like and start forma it along with potato. Well modded weapon alone is enough to carry a sortie. Most sortie pepole just blitz the objective asap so it's not that hard regardless.

Edited by Erytroxylin

Tbh, according to my Sortie playstyle: PuG every time, you’re missing Loki as @coralleinstated and Nova only. I’ll focused on Potatoed Frames only, so here we go.

Mag: Survival, Defense, Bosses as Nuke and CC with Counter Pulse aug, in Electromagnetic anomalies Sortie, built for high Duration and Strenght

Oberon: As healer and Armor strip in Defense and Armored Bosses

Nyx: Interception, Rescue, Hijack, Deflection with and as @(XB1)A weedy Girlsaid MD and here I’ll use Absorb, Overextended decreases Energy drain per Dmg taken.

Trin: As a Healer and/or Energy Generator to Defense

Special guests:

Nezha with Safeguard augment every time when Radiation hazard appears

Limbo: Kela Assassination

Primariers: Personal preferences

Bow: Zhuge 

Snipers: Rubico highly recommend 

Shotgun: Other from Tigris serie

Secondaries: Decent, few tips: Gammacor with Magnetic against Electromagnetic bubbles, Furis with augment to heal Operator in Def

Melee: Lesion, Lacera