Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe to close to reticle.

Vedfur

i have max FOV and it only moves the camera back not moving the reticle farther away from the warframe.

the warframe is blocking my vision when its that close to the reticle. when using primary of secondary the wrfame should be on the left or right border not in the middle of the screen.

Yes. It's quite the problem and it has been that way since the game's inception. I seriously wonder why more ppl aren't minding this but they're probably too busy hammering their 4 buttons and don't need aiming anyway. Actually made a thread about myself about it some aeons ago:

As you can see the resonance was less than overwhelming.

5 hours ago, Vedfur said:

i have max FOV and it only moves the camera back not moving the reticle farther away from the warframe.

the warframe is blocking my vision when its that close to the reticle. when using primary of secondary the wrfame should be on the left or right border not in the middle of the screen.

They said in recent devstream that they might increase FOV range,  so maybe that will help when it happens

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

They said in recent devstream that they might increase FOV range,  so maybe that will help when it happens

increase fov wont help since the warframe will still be right next to the reticle blocking my vision, i want to move the warframe AWAY from the center so that you get a space between the warframe and the reticle. 

NOyz52t.jpg4aIwFJW.jpg

the blue squre is where i want the warframe to be.

4 hours ago, Vedfur said:

increase fov wont help since the warframe will still be right next to the reticle blocking my vision, i want to move the warframe AWAY from the center so that you get a space between the warframe and the reticle. 

NOyz52t.jpg4aIwFJW.jpg

Oh god, I do NOT like that proposed distance.

Edited by Atsia

4 hours ago, Vedfur said:

NOyz52t.jpg4aIwFJW.jpg

Curious. What resolution are you using?

I have my FoV slammed to minimum because I genuinely like my Warframe taking up the screen, yet I don't recall aiming looking that bad.

Hmmm, try setting your FoV to minimum and see what you think.

Maybe moving the camera closer and then zooming in will make a difference?

Edited by DeMonkey

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think a better solution would be to just make anything right next to or covering the reticule go somewhat transparent so that you can see what is beyond it. having the Warframe further to the side makes it look awkward.

Not to mention problems it could cause with shot generation. That distance from the center would really start to cut into angles. I'm all for having the option of a little more view of the center, but not if it messes with close range combat shots.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Curious. What resolution are you using?

I have my FoV slammed to minimum because I genuinely like my Warframe taking up the screen, yet I don't recall aiming looking that bad.

i use 1920x1080. i tried play around with the fov slider but it dosn't really get any better what i do.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think a better solution would be to just make anything right next to or covering the reticule go somewhat transparent so that you can see what is beyond it. having the Warframe further to the side makes it look awkward.

think that would just look weird.

14 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Oh god, I do NOT like that proposed distance.

it was an example. i just want to be able to see something between the warframe and the reticle.

2 minutes ago, Vedfur said:

I use 1920x1080. i tried play around with the fov slider but it dosn't really get any better what i do.

I did edit in at the end that I wonder if min FoV helps, but it sounds like you've already screwed around with it.

I'll log in tomorrow (probably 12ish hours from now) and have a look at my own game. I don't recall my frame taking up so much of the central space.

I haven't played in over a week though, so wtf do I know ay.

2 minutes ago, Vedfur said:

think that would just look weird.

so would having the Warframe really far to one side. whereas if it fades out into transparency, your Warframe can stay where it is and you can see what you're shooting.there are some other Third-Person games that use this very technique.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so would having the Warframe really far to one side. whereas if it fades out into transparency, your Warframe can stay where it is and you can see what you're shooting.there are some other Third-Person games that use this very technique.

This technique is actually already used. If you jump around using a scanner, you can actually see energy effects from certain types of accessories that aren't nulled. The scanner view isn't a zoom in, it just takes out the warframe.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I did edit in at the end that I wonder if min FoV helps, but it sounds like you've already screwed around with it.

I'll log in tomorrow (probably 12ish hours from now) and have a look at my own game. I don't recall my frame taking up so much of the central space.

I haven't played in over a week though, so wtf do I know ay.

would be very nice if you do that.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i don't think i have played any game thats done that so i can only go by what i can assume its like but it would atleast help.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have this problem with some frames and some cosmetics, but apparently we're in the minority... I bought Chroma deluxe skin and then never use it because of those damn horns... And it's not a problem that goes away with aiming: when I use Nekros Prime and Atomos, when I aim the Atomos Nekros's "wing" will completely cover the crosshair.