Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tac. Alert Requires Heavy Blade, What Is Heavy Blade?

Drasiel

So you guys have kind of used a terminology here that isn't actually linked to anything in game. Sure we can make a fairly educated guess as to what is and is not a heavy blade weapon, but the only way to really know for sure is to try to run the mission and see if it accepts our weapon.

Actually this lack of definition for melee weapons has been going on for a while now (and to a lesser extent with all the weapons). Yes telling the difference between a dagger and a polearm is easy, but what about light, medium and heavy weapons? I mean the dark dagger looks like a heavy dagger, but I'm pretty sure it is classified as just dagger internally. About the only identifier of melee type we have currently are the stance mods (and sometimes those are just weird: kama is a machete... wut?).

So if you are going to start listing weapons as types, could we please get the weapon type information added to all weapons? Pretty please?

Reaper Prime isn't considered one apparently *throws up hands*

They're the tomato of heavy vegetable weapons. Everyone assumes it's a heavy vegetable, but it's actually a bladed fruit like the Ortholope or Tonbonana.

Surprisingly deep. Scythes are arguably distinct enough as fitting the "Scythe" stance.

Tempo Royale can be used on your Gram, Galatine, and Scindo (Prime)- these are the only weapons you can bring to the Alert!

I get the confusion though - Heavy Blade isn't the perfect way to categorize the above weapons but it's a tricky group to categorize in the short term.

I get the confusion though - Heavy Blade isn't the perfect way to categorize the above weapons but it's a tricky group to categorize in the short term.

I vote Martial Weapon Proficiency.

(As opposed to hammers and one-handed swords which are obviously simple weapons and scythes (obviously exotic weapons).)

:p

Sorry...  >_>;

Edited by Chroia

Surprisingly deep. Scythes are arguably distinct enough as fitting the "Scythe" stance.

Tempo Royale can be used on your Gram, Galatine, and Scindo (Prime)- these are the only weapons you can bring to the Alert!

Yes, I suffered from the same confusion.

Perhaps in the codex entry on each melee weapon its 'class' could be listed, so that we're able to double check instead of guess randomly.

Using a weapon type as a requirement could also keep some people from playing the alert just because they can't play it. If someone doesn't have a Heavy Blade they have to build one, ok, but what if they don't have anymore weapon slots or they have to sell some other weapon in order to get the stance?

I think they should only limit this to Melee, Secondary or Primary.

Using a weapon type as a requirement could also keep some people from playing the alert just because they can't play it. If someone doesn't have a Heavy Blade they have to build one, ok, but what if they don't have anymore weapon slots or they have to sell some other weapon in order to get the stance?

Since the only rewards are a new scratch on your badge and a stance that will likely be released later on, I don't see it as that big of a deal.

I mean, you've got...as of right now 4 days and 18 hours to...get the resources to make a either a Scindo, Gram, Galatine, etc., wait 12 hours for the weapon to build, and if you don't have the slots, using the trade chat to get 12 platinum(An easy amount honestly). Honestly? I'm not seeing the difficulty here, and if you don't want to use the trade chat, then it's 5 dollars for 75 platinum and if you don't want to do either, then you sell an easily replaceable weapon to free up a slot, and if you don't want to do that then...you are officially beyond helping and should just deal with it.

to me it is not so much that the weapon can be made or whatnot, but that even after it finishes being made its going to be rank 1. i wont want to potato it either. so basically i have to join a public game and leech off of people who actually like heavy weapons. its just a poor requirement really.

id rather have some stupidly difficult task to complete with the things i enjoy playing than going 'oh, hold on i have a scindo BP from a stupid log in reward, let me go make that so i can even join the thing and then leech my way to a win~' 

I mean, you've got...as of right now 4 days and 18 hours to...get the resources to make a either a Scindo, Gram, Galatine, etc., wait 12 hours for the weapon to build, and if you don't have the slots, using the trade chat to get 12 platinum(An easy amount honestly). Honestly? I'm not seeing the difficulty here, and if you don't want to use the trade chat, then it's 5 dollars for 75 platinum and if you don't want to do either, then you sell an easily replaceable weapon to free up a slot, and if you don't want to do that then...you are officially beyond helping and should just deal with it.

I completed the Tactical Alert before posting my first comment, i proposed a different way to do this in the future because almost always we have/had more options.

You don't need a new name, you just need to mark weapons with the corresponding name of that category so that players can look up what they are in the market/codex.

While I appreciate the alert the stance you get as a reward is for weapons I never use and why would I when you have other weapons that are so much faster and deadlier. Besides to be honest the only time I use my melee is to copter or if alerts like this confine you to use a melee weapon to do the alert.

I completed the Tactical Alert before posting my first comment, i proposed a different way to do this in the future because almost always we have/had more options.

Hmm? Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular, I was speaking of these theoretical people who couldn't/wouldn't be bothered to put in the effort needed and how that participating isn't that hard even if you start without the proper means.

Perhaps my words sounded too confrontational, I apologize if you took them as though I was being hostile towards you.

I'm not sure we need the different means, the alerts are already about dealing with restrictions so it seems odd to remove some of them. I'd certainly be in favor of some better labeling of weapon categories though. Or at least the option to go into a mission with no weapons equipped and have that subvert the requirement. Fight with abilities and sentinels and Kubrows and all that...or flying kicks, you've always got those to go with.

FYI Still waiting on the heavy melee buff to hit scythes.........still, waiting.

While I appreciate the alert the stance you get as a reward is for weapons I never use and why would I when you have other weapons that are so much faster and deadlier. Besides to be honest the only time I use my melee is to copter or if alerts like this confine you to use a melee weapon to do the alert.

Scindo Prime is the strongest melee, there is no deadlier than that.

Hmm? Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular, I was speaking of these theoretical people who couldn't/wouldn't be bothered to put in the effort needed and how that participating isn't that hard even if you start without the proper means.

Perhaps my words sounded too confrontational, I apologize if you took them as though I was being hostile towards you.

I'm not sure we need the different means, the alerts are already about dealing with restrictions so it seems odd to remove some of them. I'd certainly be in favor of some better labeling of weapon categories though. Or at least the option to go into a mission with no weapons equipped and have that subvert the requirement. Fight with abilities and sentinels and Kubrows and all that...or flying kicks, you've always got those to go with.

No worries i didn't find your reply as hostile. I did think it was not referring to me in particular but i answered just in case it was, i was not completely sure.

Anyways, i just wanted to point out a different way to do it in the future, keeping restrictions but not forcing players to do other things outside the mission just to be able to play it.

I think it is very different to the conclave restriction we usually have.

Edited by Nachino