Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Needed Supra Buff.

Dylshero

So in this post I am going to talk about the supra's problems and how I personally feel they could be fixed.

The supra requires mastery rank 7 to get plus clan research which means its one of the harder weapons to get your hands on in the game including a forma a 7 fieldron aswell as other resources its hardly going to be your upgrade from the mk-1 braton. The cost of the supra really works against it as it isn't worth the cost to make if it was a cheaper to make weapon there would be less complaints in general over it being a poor weapon.

Why is the supra a poor weapon you may ask.

Cons

1. High recoil

2. Slow bullet travel time (a little more then half of boltor primes)

3. Low critical chance and status chance

4. Has spinup time (quicker then gorgon)

5. Bullets have bad scatter

6. No polarities

7. Bad ammo economy

8. Slow Reload Speed 4.2 seconds

They are just some of the reasons why the supra just dosen't work and its pros list if very short.

Pros

1. Good Magazine size (90)

2. Has a syndicate mod (+20% base status +1 Entropy)

3. Decent damage when you get bullets to hit

There are the pros for the weapon and its pretty clear to see that there is a lot more cons then pros which is never a good sign.

How I suggest to fix the supra to a certain extent.

1. Increase max ammo capacity from 540 to 720 giving 8 full mags instead of 6

2. Reduce reload speed to 3.2 seconds

3. Make the syndicate mod actually apply base status instead of just give 20% and keep base at 2.5%.

4. Buff damage by 5 base damage 2.3 puncture 1 impact 1.7 slash

5. Reduce scatter by 50%

6. Increase flight speed from 40m/s to 50m/s (20m/s less the boltor prime was 30m/s and 15m/s second less then boltor was 25m/s less orginally)

There are my ways of fixing the supra let me explain how they fix it

Increase the max ammo capacity means the ammo economy is a little better on the weapons with a bonus 180 bullets.

The reduced reload speed by a second really fixes the reload speed. If you add fast hands on to the weapon 3.2 Will remove an entire second again leaving you with a nice 2.2 reload speed. Where with out it being brought down to 3.2 it would be 4.2 and with fast hands 2.9 seconds. If you have primed fast hand its would now be 1.4 seconds and originally it would have been 1.9 seconds. So with fast hands and the reload buff it would reload at a much more resonable speed.

Having the syndicate mod actually adding base status chance would give the option of a status build on the supra.

The damage buff is to counter act you not being able to use as many damage mods because of needing a reload speed mod and a recoil mod and a flight speed mod to make the weapon quite effective.

If the scatter was less it would slightly improve ammo economy and dps

6. Having the flight speed buffed would allow the weapons bullets to actually hit enemies in a decent time because with flight speed mods buffing 50m/s by 60% equaling 80m/s which means its 10m/s quicker then the boltor prime it would have originally been buffed from 40m/s by 60% equalling 64m/s just 1m/s short of the normal boltor.

So here is the list of cons we the buffs I think would work.

1. High recoil

2. Slow bullet travel time (a little more then half of boltor primes)

3. Low critical chance and status chance

4. Has spinup time (quicker then gorgon though so not fully horrible)

5. Bullets have bad scatter Not fully gone but reduced

6. No polarities

7. Bad ammo economy

8. Slow Reload Speed 3.2 seconds Improved but still slow

This leaves us with 5 problems left. The high recoil can be fixed with the stablizer mod reducing it recoil by 60%. The spinup time cant be gotten rid of but can be helped with fire rate mods though this can effect are ammo economy. Reload speed can be fixed with fast hands and made into very quick reload with primed fast hands. The low critical chance there is not much we can do for it as even with a maxed critical chance build (+198% crit chance) giving us 7.45% critical chance which is still pretty horrible and we have wasted two mod slots getting it. So there are only 3 mods needed to get rid of most of the cons left fast hands(primed if you have it) stablizers( reduces recoil) and entropy burst(syndicate mod for supra). Then the no polarities can be fixed with a few forma if your filling to use the forma on this weapon.

this is the new pros list with are changes

Pros

1. Good Magazine size (90)

2. Has a syndicate mod (+20% base status +1 Entropy)

3. Good damage when you get bullets to hit

4. Good status chance with entropy burst

So while the pros list is still quite short considering if you mod correctly you are left with only 2 cons its got double to the pros to cons which on most weapons is a good sign.

So I would love for some criticism on my ideas. Do my fellow tenno feel this is enough for the supra to be a good weapon. I know it isn't up there with the soma,boltor and amprex but it is quite a good weapon considering it can now be a bit more accurate have good ammo economy and not take half a mission to reload. Also please don't say somethings wrong without reading the whole thing because I might have mentioned it somewhere in this wall of text

Thanks for reading

-Dyl

buff the supra 2015, ive fought the good fight for too long now. I wont quit this game until this gets buffed ( *-*)

I hope it gets buffed soon because I like the look and how the weapon works but its just not able to get past low end content maybe mid content with hall of mirrors.

Its recoil, travel time and scatter aren't necessarily the reason the supra is in need of tweaks. Without them, it'd just be a glorified laser soma. As it is now, it's effective at close to mid range DPS, and the scatter allows for group damage.

Its recoil, travel time and scatter aren't necessarily the reason the supra is in need of tweaks. Without them, it'd just be a glorified laser soma. As it is now, it's effective at close to mid range DPS, and the scatter allows for group damage.

Maybe the scatter isnt nessacry but reload speed recoil and travel time are whats needed to make it a better weapon it shouldn't be relying on a close quarters map or hall of mirrors to be a decent weapon.

Quoting for visibility -  we will have more details on coming Supra changes Friday!

Thanks so much Rebecca. Can't wait to bring my buffed supra into action! Worst part is I now can't wait for friday cause I can't wait to see update 17 even if its only in dev build still so cool to see it and then see the supra and the tigris (cause shotgun rework) some of my favourite weapons get buffed.

dAXAeBH.jpg

Rejoice for your prayers have been heard.

Thank you for showing me that.

If you do exactly the same things as with Braton Prime, I'm going to be amazed.

Imagine Supra with damage, firerate, magsize, critchance, critdmg and status chance buff.

I'd rather have ammo regen (as, e.g. 90 rounds over 5 seconds or so) than most of these but hey, pretty much any change is welcome.

Edited by Mofixil

I hope the supra keeps the slow projectile speed but gets a massive damage buff and quicker reload speed.

I hated myself when I wasted 7 Fieldrons back in the day to build this underwhelming but cool looking corpus weapon, now I hope those resources were worth it, time to clean off the mountain of dust...

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

I feel like when long awaited buffs like this come through, the devs have a tendency to over-buff it. Stacked with the fact that Supra already has a Syndicate Augment, and it might end up being a new god tier weapon. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Quoting for visibility -  we will have more details on coming Supra changes Friday!

I really hope it's not a buff to flight speed or accuracy...those are what make Supra special.

If Supra is buffed there instead of making it a gun worth fighting to land shots, slap Scott for me recommend he buff it elsewhere else that keeps its identity.

I really hope it's not a buff to flight speed or accuracy...those are what make Supra special.

I can't really recall any time those things have been changed in a weapon. Altering those values would just screw over players who have acclimated to the weapon - and they're the ones who have been asking for this buff. I can't see that happening.

I feel like when long awaited buffs like this come through, the devs have a tendency to over-buff it. Stacked with the fact that Supra already has a Syndicate Augment, and it might end up being a new god tier weapon. Not sure how I feel about that. 

As long as it retains some of its current idiosyncrasies, I suspect no amount of potential DPS would be enough to convince the cynics to use it.

Besides, the syndicate mod is pretty underwhelming.

After reading the tweet from Scott I thought I would take my Supra for a spin just to re-acquaint myself with it, and then I also remembered why it was collecting dust, inaccuracy, flight speed, range I have no issue with it's damage. Then just for giggles I also took out my Dera and made me wonder why this gun was not buffed as well to bring it up to par with weapons like the Boltor Prime and Soma Prime? One of the big problems with the Supra is that you have to mod it so it doesn't buck while shooting it and for flight speed thus wasting precious slots to add for elemental damage or just damage in general. The Dera you don't have to add those mods. So for me a buff to the supra is kinda meh, I'll stick to my Soma and Boltor Primes.

I can't really recall any time those things have been changed in a weapon.

Those buffs also haven't been asked for for any other weapon. Considering an awful lot of buff Supra threads involve raising flight speed and/or accuracy, there is potential for DE to go that route, even if it would completely change Supra's identity.