August 8Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics August 8th  

2,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Releasing/Removing Unwanted Kubrow:

Since before Update 14, the dev team and players have been discussing ways to remove unwanted kubrow. After many jokes about releasing the kubrow into the wild, players are frequently asking for a simple way to get rid of kubrow. The Warframe community has suggested various ways this could be done.  Vote in the poll to give your opinion on what you think is the best way to remove unwanted kubrow.

Please, continue this discussion in the source threads:

Mastery Tests on PS4:

I frequently hear two common issues with Mastery Tests on the PS4. The first issue is that some players have trouble completing the tests without altering the button layout on their controller. The second issue is that players say the wait time after a failed test is too long (PC players sometimes say this as well). There is a poll for each of these issues to gauge how the community feels. 

Please, continue the discussion in the source thread:

Doors that require 2 players to unlock

Occasionally, players will start a hot topic about locked doors that require a rushing player to wait for a teammate before proceeding. The argument against these doors is that they are only a momentary setback for rushers (or no setback if at least 2 players are rushing). Locked doors can also be a problem if the required second player is AFK. However, other players have spoken up in defence of the locked doors and said that the doors are fine, leave them be (If they slow down rushers a little bit, they are better than nothing). Answer the poll to give your opinion on this topic!

Vote to Kick

Players have requested a “vote to kick” option for a variety of reasons - AFKers, griefers, inexperienced teammates. However, players have been quick to point out that a vote to kick option could be easily abused. What’s your opinion on “vote to kick”? Answer in the poll!

Trading Posts/Auction Houses

Ever since trading was first introduced, players have been asking about ways to list items for trade without having to wait around for buyers. This topic was briefly mentioned in the last devstream, and Rebecca mentioned that perhaps some form of trade listing/auction house could be implemented in the player hubs when they arrive. Please, answer the poll to let the community know if you like the idea of some form of auction house appearing in player hubs. 

Oberon: Hallowed Ground

In a previous Community Hot Topics, we discussed  which of Oberon’s abilities were most in need of a rework. Hallowed Ground got the most votes (Smite and Renewal weren’t too far behind), so lets focus on Hallowed Ground first. There are a lot of opinions on how to best improve Hallowed Ground, so lets start by narrowing the opinions down to what the community thinks should be the primary purpose of Hallowed Ground - damage or utility. Vote in the poll to add your voice to this topic!

Oberon: Renewal

Some players have suggested that the problem with renewal is that it is too slow and situational. Renewal is considered especially weak in light of Trinity’s healing ability. Do you think that renewal is too slow and/or situational? Please, answer in the poll above. 

Please, continue the discussion in the source threads:

I feel a Vote to Kick option should only be available in a player has been inactive in a specific area(like a 2 meter radios) for a specific amount of time, also if that player has been continuaouly moving in the same direction or twirling in a circle for, again a specific amount of time. 

Also a Kubrow remove quests would add more content, and a fun/heart wrenching experience. that makes the player question their morals or lack there of. 

Edited by Senketsu_

Trading Posts/Auction Houses
Ever since trading was first introduced, players have been asking about ways to list items for trade without having to wait around for buyers. This topic was briefly mentioned in the ]last devstream, and Rebecca mentioned that perhaps some form of trade listing/auction house could be implemented in the player hubs when they arrive. Please, answer the poll to let the community know if you like the idea of some form of auction house appearing in player hubs. 

Voted yes to the auction house without actually thinking about the implications of the term.  I'm fairly certain that most people don't want an auction house.  They want some where they can do asynchronous trades.  IE list an item and then give options for what you're willing to trade and allow people to make offers.

1. About Kubrow release

I think that a quest or quick remove button is good, but you have to take into consideration the lore behind domesticated kubrows which have their DNA constantly degenerating. Therefore, releasing in the wilds mean they will never, ever survive for long and they will die a slow death. So my suggestion is a third alternative to regular releasing (which I think should still be an option):

Kubrow Sanctuary

This will be a dojo room. The component to make this dojo room will mostly consist of Earth's flora antitoxin extract. By combining those plants together and modifying them into new seeds, the Tenno will be able to make a garden where spores are constantly released by those plants. Those "healing spores" will act like a stabilizer, but kubrows will need to stay exposed to the spores to stay healthy since it's not as strong as a single dose of DNA stabilizer.

The sanctuary will be a large room with soft ground, grass, flowers, stones and ponds for kubrow to run around, play, and swim all they want. There will even be small trees and dens so kubrow can have a small spot to rest on, or simply a high place to perch (like big cats in our world). Additional fountains can be added so kubrow can play even more, or even toys like balls with physics can be added.

The purposes of a sanctuary is these:

- A safe haven and resting place for kubrows to retire without worries of their DNA deteriorating. No more stasis as if you're keeping them on life support.

- A natural-like habitat to play in instead of a small, enclosed space inside a tiny ship with cold metal floors

- A way for players to release kubrows in a "humane" way. Also a way to see your Kubrow again despite not being able to bring it into battle anymore.

- A way for the developers to allow players use more interactions with kubrows; released kubrows and regular kubrows that you bring along with you, but enter the sanctuary, may open some interactions that you can't do in the ship

-- It's also a good way to have more than one kubrow interacting with each other if such features are extended.

One sanctuary will be large enough to house a big number of kubrows, but a limit may be reached, so you may be required to build another sanctuary to house further kubrows. I suggest taking inspiration from real life sanctuaries for big animals, like Big Cat Rescue sanctuary.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcftblae5aEnraa34d1FPQg

Sounds like a lot of work? Well you guys made a big deal about kubrows as new companions and how you wanted to make them different from Sentinels, and not just from gameplay but as a new element to the game. Therefore, this is just an example I think the devs could take when it comes to going all the way with your premise, which I think is necessary. There's lots of potential for Kubrows.

EDIT: Just so you know, the above suggestion shouldn't be the only way to release. I think there should be at least two ways: the simple way (which will mean sure-death of the Kubrow), and the sanctuary way.

Edited by Casardis

Hallowed Ground & Renewal

Hallowed Ground should absolutely focus on utility. People have been wondering from day one why it didn't even have, for instance, a slowdown effect on enemies.

Renewal's problem isn't that it's 'slow' per say, it's that it heals only 200 health (max rank, unmodified), which is far too low even after mods. It also cuts out if you take damage and stops healing when you reach max health, meaning, yeah, it's too situational, only usable for healing between battles and useless in the thick of fighting. Renewal will never, and should never, replace Blessing but it would take the edge off Health damage in the midst of battle wonderfully if it would only persist.

Edited by Varzy

I think the release Kubrow button should be available. It should take an amount of time though that it can be cancelled. 

Allow the doors to be opened immediately with multiple people, but take like 15 seconds by yourself?

Edited by -GM-Cha_Dude-

I don't have much to say on the FS doors other than they are an unnecesary hindrance in solo and that's where they should definitely be removed.

The last thing Kubrows need is even more timewalls, just make a quick sell button and that's it.

If AFK vote-kick were to be a thing there would have to be some very specific requirements met for one to qualify, other than that it's a definite no-no.

A definiteive yes to the auction house or at least an idea similar to it, trading chat is only so effective and one can be watching it for hours or even days without any kind of even slightly pleasant result. Maybe an auction house would not be the answer but there has to be a way for players to skip the horridness that is trade chat.

Renewal feels very unrewarding for what it does so either needs a unique trait or a straight buff. HG doesn't feel like it should do damage but rather slow down enemies or have some kind of effect, and have damage more as a side trait.

Edited by RahuStalker

About Kubrow release:

I think it could be a better idea to be able to make a "permanent imprint" of your kubrow, and have a databank you could store them in, that way, you could have slots back, escentially he's now in tamagotchi form.
And that also would help avoid neglecting / harming directly the Kubrow for people who don't feel like it. You should also be able to reuse it as you wish but limited to 2 trades.

Vote to kick:

I'm not sure about vote-kicking, but i'm sure as hell we need some party leader privileges, being able to kick people, making someone else the party leader, that kind of stuff.

Edited by Hecadisth

I wouldn't do an auction house.

Look at what happened when Spiral Knights added one. Prices dropped BAD and things got flooded.

It let a new player just buy all the materials then make it through the first part of the game with ease.

Please DE, no. ;__;

Edited by blazingcobalt

VOTING TO KICK

-A "Vote to Kick" option could open the doors for a lot of issues, for example: players griefing players about mastery rank & requiring high ranks for missions when MR is largely irrelevant when it comes to actual skill. 

AUCTION HOUSE SUGGESTION

-Instead of an Auction House, I suggest a "Trading Post" where, in essence, players can post a list of items they want to sell (with a max # of items) for whatever price & the buyer will receive that item in the mail & the seller will receive the payment via mail. Possibly have the seller "mark" the post/specific items indicating they're willing to allow a trade for an item. Something along those lines.

Edited by Rexlars

About Kubrow Release:

I think there should be a 1 click to remove option, but it should be accompanied by a cutscene. A cutscene where your ship fly's to earth, and then you and your currently equipped warframe with the kubrow you are selling/getting rid of is seen in an open area. The kubrow could do a sad animation/rub your warframes leg for the last time while the collar is removed. Then the warframe gestures for the kubrow to go.

The cutscene/animation could differ slightly based on your kubrows loyalty, if its high, the kubrow looks/has more of sad animation. If the loyalty is low the kubrow is eager to run off into the wild.

The cutscene could ofc be skipped and/or have an option to turn it off in the menus.

For the doors that require multiple people, I believe they should be pulled out and replaced with the timed survival-esque moments from the suspicious shipment alerts.

Around 30 seconds of a couple waves of enemies, it would be more entertaining and make rushers have to pause for their teammates. Hell it may even add entertainment value in solo mode.

Plus not to mention, the doors as they stand now aren't stopping anything. A team of 2 can take the mission from the other half.

Edited by Utarious

PS4 Mastery Tests

I feel the largest issue with these is going into the mission without knowing what will happen.  I feel PC players are more likely to check what the mastery test is before going into it, whereas PS4 players mostly dive in without prior heads up.  Im MR10 and haven't failed any rank test yet (nor have I felt challenged in any of them).  Overall I think they are fine.

Vote to Kick

Pre-game vote to kick I don't want to see.  Certain people in any community get these notions that only certain weapons/frames should ever be used.  ME3MP had enough of these players who don't understand how to use something correctly, then immediately kick anyone using said item. 

I would be fine with kicking if it was possible after a squad has run a single mission together.

Friendship Doors

I feel like these don't do much besides make single rushers wait.  As said in the topic in discussion, having two or more rushers make them redundant.  I do feel however that friendship doors/areas should be done for bosses.  Like how fighting the Jackal requires all alive players in the room before the fight can start.

However, an afk kick would definitely need to be introduced with my suggestion, otherwise wait forever.

Edited by (PS4)KalGerion_Beast

About Kubrow Release:

I think there should be a 1 click to remove option, but it should be accompanied by a cutscene. A cutscene where your ship fly's to earth, and then you and your currently equipped warframe with the kubrow you are selling/getting rid of is seen in an open area. The kubrow could do a sad animation/rub your warframes leg for the last time while the collar is removed. Then the warframe gestures for the kubrow to go.

The cutscene/animation could differ slightly based on your kubrows loyalty, if its high, the kubrow looks/has more of sad animation. If the loyalty is low the kubrow is eager to run off into the wild.

The cutscene could ofc be skipped and/or have an option to turn it off in the menus.

I had the same idea.

I voted maybe on the auction house because "Auction House" has become a bit of a catch term for many things in a few games I've played. We don't need a place where people are trying to outdo each other for prime pieces but we badly need a marketplace much like DC Online has for it's collectibles, where a player can take the things they've collected and have no use for and put them up for everyone else to see with a specified price attached that people can then buy. The price could be specified in plat or credits and the dojo's trading post could be kept for more specific trading of goods as opposed to just simply buying needed parts.

The trade system as it is, is shambolic as well as being a bit of an eyesore now that we've reached the point where people are more often than not TYPING LARGE LISTS OF PARTS IN ALL CAPS, IN ORDER TO APPARENTLY DISTINGUISH THEMSELVES FROM EVERYONE ELSE ALSO TYPING IN ALL CAPS ONE AFTER THE OTHER. It's a terrible shouting match and it needs to go.

Edited by Tiqalicious

I'd have to agree with Rexlars about the auction house. I'd rather we get a trading post so we can list items and wait for interested parties. Maybe have some option to mark items with "negotiable" or something, if you aren't adamant on a set price. I'm usually willing to negotiate prices, so I'd make use of something like that.

Hmm... could the answer to our Kubrow woes be Solar Rail Conflicts?

What if we can donate unwanted Kubrows to clans? Similar to Specter Regiments, the clans can unleash guard dogs unto Tenno who dare challenge the rail!