Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With Camping Becoming The 'default' Way To Play Survival?

immolator1001

Every time I host  a t4 survival someone inevitably  asks "where are we camping?"

Back in my day we ran around and killed things without needing to sit in a corner!

But seriously getting to 40 minutes in t4 survival is super doable just running around and generally sticking together. Why has everyone suddenly become so dependent on camping in some sewer?

Edit: To be clear I mean sitting in one spot spamming skills, there is nothing wrong with a team sticking in a room by the LS, the problem is when they find a dead end corner and just spam.

Edit 2: Play the game however you want, but unless the host says something don't assume they want you to sit shins deep in Corrupted's toilet water for an hour.

BTW camping in survival isn't new, what is new is assuming its the default way to play.

Not that this is being read but here is a good paraphrase of my OP

Most of you seem to be missing the point. 

OP is not saying that camping in Survival is new. He's not saying that he was unaware that people did it. 

His point is, literally, almost every single person in recruit chat that is hosting a Survival key is asking for camp teams. If they didn't request it in the recruit tab, they proceed to inform the group when everyone is inside the mission, or simply place a waypoint with the message "camp here." This is almost inevitable. Prior to U16, this was most certainly not the norm. Majority of people would maybe stick to 1-2 rooms, run around, & slaughter everything, or something those lines. Requests for certain frames would be only Nekros for the most part, with the occasional request for a Loki or Nyx as well (& an Excal b4 her was nerfed to hell). 

Now everyone is requesting for Nekros, Greedy Mag, Vauban, Pilfering Hydroid, or other variations as if this was Draco or something. This is a recent advent that I'd say I noticed with the launch of U16.  

Edited by immolator1001

Every time I host  a t4 survival someone inevitably  asks "where are we camping?"

Back in my day we ran around and killed things without needing to sit in a corner!

But seriously getting to 40 minutes in t4 survival is super doable just running around and generally sticking together. Why has everyone suddenly become so dependent on camping in some sewer?

The camp strategy was made for more efficiency, boring-ness, and because people usually never stick together because they are absolute skrebs.

I personally don't camp, not camping is fun.

I think Vauban's abilities ignore(d?) Nullifiers, and so that's where it started: sitting by a Bastille and Vortex like it was old ODD 2.0.

Ya, but it has never been this bad and I've only noticed it since last u15.

The camp strategy was made for more efficiency, boring-ness, and because people usually never stick together because they are absolute skrebs.

I personally don't camp, not camping is fun.

I understand its easier, but its so boring...

Edited by immolator1001

Maybe it's the psychology of the system?

DE has continually taken away people's ability to sit around and just press a button every couple seconds in order to win.  Thus, perhaps more and more individuals continue to flock to alternatives that allow them to use those lazy methods to get what they want.

DE even has gone so far to make players AFK for not moving around within a certain amount of time.

DE has continually taken away people's ability to sit around and just press a button every couple seconds in order to win.  Thus, perhaps more and more individuals continue to flock to alternatives that allow them to use those lazy methods to get what they want.

DE even has gone so far to make players AFK for not moving around within a certain amount of time.

Hmmm so we shift the blame from the players.... and push it to DE!

Just as boring as it was before, only now you get to experience what the Nekros does. I swear I fell asleep during a 40 min run yesterday.

Nekros is my most played from by 10%. My nekros ran around killing everything with and amprex an desecrating their corpses tons of fun.

well if you want to do hard mode, you can bring mk-1 weapon to t4 it's a personal choice

don't want camping := dont join the camp, running around

This isn't about hard mode, its about boring. When I host a t4 survival I run around, if I "don't join the camping" I die because I have no teammates nearby.

Edited by immolator1001

I think it's the exact opposite. DE has continually made the game more tedious so people looks for was to relieve that tedium.

Edited by f3llyn

i've always defended the room with the life support. and im not 'new' by any means, i've done this since survival came out.

Even the room selection when there are multiple rooms with life support was/is important, gotta start from one end and work ur way down, trying not to get caught in a middle room with life support spawning on both sides so that when you move to the next room..the next life support won't be so far away.

but ppl play survival differently..

BREAKING NEWS: 

THE NEXT UPDATE OF WARFRAME HAS ADJUSTED SURVIVAL MISSIONS: 

IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE, YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOVING, STAY IN THE SAME PLACE FOR 1 MIN AND THE VOID WILL GO BOOOOOM!!!

but seriously.......40 min survival is plain boring, I'd rather just sit and wait until I get my part rather than actually play hard, run everywhere and reach the 60min mark and all that effort gone for nothing when I don't get my part 

i've always defended the room with the life support. and im not 'new' by any means, i've done this since survival came out.

Even the room selection when there are multiple rooms with life support was/is important, gotta start from one end and work ur way down, trying not to get caught in a middle room with life support spawning on both sides so that when you move to the next room..the next life support won't be so far away.

but ppl play survival differently..

I'm talking about people sitting in the sewers and spamming skills.

I'm talking about people sitting in the sewers and spamming skills.

like... really really camping? i haven't seen that yet but i think that's because i don't play survival with randoms that often. I have a mountain tier clan for a reason and i think all of us recognize that. haha..

BREAKING NEWS: 

THE NEXT UPDATE OF WARFRAME HAS ADJUSTED SURVIVAL MISSIONS: 

IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE, YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOVING, STAY IN THE SAME PLACE FOR 1 MIN AND THE VOID WILL GO BOOOOOM!!!

but seriously.......40 min survival is plain boring, I'd rather just sit and wait until I get my part rather than actually play hard, run everywhere and reach the 60min mark and all that effort gone for nothing when I don't get my part 

so then what DO you do for fun? why play the game?

Its the players who dont enjoy playing the game buy INSIST on playing and finding lop-holes that destroy the game.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I wasn't into camping and whatnot, but after having to play the very same survival mission for over an hour and over a dozen times expecting whatever Prime part I needed to drop, well... I just can't be arsed to run around chasing mobs. But, whatever. Play the way you want and let other people do the same?

Edited by MartianJellyfish

Its a strategy like any other,  at high levels its takes teamwork to kill the heavies.  And that seems to be DE's answer to making the game more difficult/interesting/raids/whatever, lets jack up the level to 2.5 x a potatoed tenno where the damage resist values are uncapped(yet damage is capped) and make them kill maps of bombards with butter knifes. Difficulty solved.

And its not like the game doesn't support some forms of camping. Defense mission type anyone?

Edited by aim4it

I don't know. Some high mastery-rank initiated fad.

This past week, I've seen so many camps. I would be HOSTING the match, with MY key, and people would try to turn it into a camp game. To hell with that.

If I wanted to press one button all day, I'd be watching a youtube playlist.

Whats worse, I was the Nekros of a party, with a Vauban, Trinity, and Chroma... The camp spot was "no where to be found". They wanted to leave and redo, with MY key. I said hell no. I can go to 40 mins in T4S with an UNRANKED CHROMA. The sad part?  I got the best stats on everything at the end by 40 minutes.

What is wrong with you people? Why are you all so afraid to run around, kill things, and have fun?

You sit in a corner to get easy stuff, to never use it? Then call the game boring and easy once you cheese it out of everything.

I don't get you people. But I guess that's why I can go into late game with melee only, and other people struggle with their fancy boltor primes.

Edited by Shuuro

Well... recently I spent an hour (yes, entire 60 minutes) sitting on a fence in Void and holding left mouse button.

I was Mesa, then we had a Mirage that spammed Eclipse (the damage buff), Nekros (of course) and Mag that pulled all of the loot and energy to us. So we didn't have to move... except from time to time because of the AFK thing.

60 minutes... I was starting to ask myself "What am I doing with my life?" about 20 minutes in. But yeah... I stuck to it entire 60 minutes.

NEVER AGAIN!!

F*** this "playstyle". It doesn't matter how efficient you want to be or how much you want those Volt Prime pieces, this is just stupid.

Also, I really should've brought a rubber band. Holding LMB for an hour gets suprisingly tiresome.

But something good came of it. I learned that "H XY need greedy mag" is a code for "I don't want to @(*()$ move for 60 minutes." it's good to know.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I wasn't into camping and whatnot, but after having to play the very same survival mission for over an hour and over a dozen times expecting whatever Prime part I needed to drop, well... I just can't be arsed to run around chasing mobs. But, whatever. Play the way you want and let other people do the same?

Yes yes yes agreed

The vast majority in here so far say how they don't camp and how boring camping is, which it is, but I will admit that I do it as I don't have a part time job playing Warframe and it becomes much more efficient / lucrative than just running around. Nekros / Hydroid is a requirement for extra loot.

There is plenty of other stuff to do that isn't camping, but I want to make as much as I can in short of a period as I can.