Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Here we have a thread that can be used to collect name ideas for the Catbrow.

Concept Art & Assets:

vLqyPZd.jpg
LQhnAYV.jpg
WizUPrY.jpg
k8aIcBj.jpg

Brainstorm away, Tenno! Keep in mind we are just looking for ideas - we may end up settling on something internally, but we want to see what you can come up with!</p>

------------------
ALL CATBROW PLAYER SUGGESTIONS LIST

ZnSeventeen has created an amazing compilation of all of your suggestions, Tenno! They have been updating it regularly with new submissions to keep you all up to date on the latest Catbrow names. Be sure to check it out :)

Velocions

Reptilian and feline.

Not feeling particularly original; velociraptor lions.

Inspired by the artistic inspirations. Somewhat hopeful about their general dispositions.

Ignoring the dumb origin, it does roll off the tongue.

Edited by Kthal

Femrik(s), or Femiral(s)

:) I don't know why, the sound just really kinda rolls with it to me~

Regarding the second name--

I guess it's because they're more or less big cats. You think big cat, and you think wild cat. Also, it's been generally assumed that feline is more of a 'female' thing, thus the term 'Femi' for feminine, and 'Ral', because big cats have more of a feral aura about them about them.

Thus, Femiral. :P

I don't have anything for Femrik though. Can't think of anything other than the fact it just sounds pretty cool to me!

Edited by DaganEldr

Kubrow is a masculine sounding name, which fits the mold of dogs being traditionally a masculine pet for the most part. Cats are usually considered a feminine pet, and their name (as well as their design) should sound more elegant. Considering that Kubrow also has a sort of Grineer sounding name, I looked at a few Corpus names. Kubrow also doesn't contain any part of "dog" but does start with the same hard c sound as canine, so with all of this over-thinking in mind:

Fonsa

Velocions

Reptilian and feline.

Not feeling particularly original; velociraptor lions.

Inspired by the artistic inspirations. Somewhat hopeful about their general dispositions.

Ignoring the dumb origin, it does roll off the tongue.

this is the best name on the first page.