Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Hotfix 23.6.1

[DE]Danielle

As far as Revenant reworking goes, I have a few thoughts.

First off, his 1 should have some sort of aoe and allow you to cast it more than twice. While the ability is fine in solo, it becomes a minimal cc ability in a party, only allowing you to temporarily disable one enemy before your squad kills it. It's be nice if we could use it on small groups to make it at least decent cc in a squad.

Second, his 2 needs to be able to last longer through one of two ways: you could have it re-castable like iron skin with the augment OR have a timer after each instance of dmg taken that makes you temporarily invulnerable. It doesn't need to be super long, but it would be a nice way to prevent a bunch of rapid-firing enemies from shredding through it so quickly.

Third, his 3 should get a knockdown like hydroid's tidal surge and operator dash. It sounds small, but it would make a massive difference in his survivability. Not only would it just be useful for normal play, but it would allow you to cc targets while using his 4.

Finally, his 4. I understand increasing it's energy drain, but from 12.5 to 20 seems a bit steep. Imo they should split the difference. I'm sure it's still not too thirsty for those with arcane energizes, but for the rest of us, it's a bit too thirsty. Not unusable, but still too much. If you want to nerf it, get rid of it's punchthrough. There's no reason that a beam of light should penetrate through solid objects and it's a "smart" rework that makes you need to move around obstacles, helping diminish the set and forget style, and not punishing those who actively use it too much.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

A 15 hour or 50 platinum wait wall in the foundry for an event is quite disappointing. The junction task restricts you from pushing yourself. You can only contribute 30 Pyrus Essence; nothing more. The premise of this event is fantastic, but the "community" aspect is nonexistent. You cannot see what your friends contribute, you cannot see what your clan has contributed, and you most certainly cannot see what your Alliance has contributed. There is also no meter or measurement on what the community has accomplished. A visual representation of the (scripted) contributions for this event would be much appreciated. I remember this event being mentioned last year on the Reddit AMA. This event feels quite rushed and so recycled, the junction task for the Strata Relay reconstruction even affected the rest of the starchart.

What does waiting 15 hours matter, on everything you do you have to wait, weapons, warframes, you name it. Beside the event is for 2 weeks so just 15 hours don't hurt do they

Il y a 5 heures, Wolfie-Kun a dit :

15 hours of watching the foundry or 50 plat to rush it all is the price of completing this event.

I don't think the problem is that it's 15 hours, but rather that it's 15 hours in 3 hour intervals. Meaning people have to either constantly be playing in order to get it done as quick as possible, or risk not finishing the event in time because of maybe only being able to play for 2 hours a day. Or pay the plat to rush the struts.

Devs have families and people they need to support, but so does a large portion of the playerbase. Read the statement just above this line for a reason why this can be a problem for those people.

People are allowed to have opinions and suggestions for how they think the game, or in this case an event, should be done. 15 hours of waiting is complete non-sense when it only takes about an hour to farm the resources for the crafting portion. About 10 minutes to farm the non-crafting essence. 5-10 runs of an a mission that goes against the Grineer (seems the chance is higher when doing invasions while opposing the Grineer). And however many runs of the same mission to complete the Simaris daily objective.

All in all, the entire event can be finished in the time it takes to craft one of the five relay struts. So yes, 15 hours is absurd when done in 3 hour intervals.

-'15 hours of watching the foundry', is this event the only thing there is in this game?

-don't you have something else to do other than 'watching the foundry'?

-And why should the foundry time of an object be the same as the time you spent to obtain the ressources? Since when it is the norm? (exemple : you spent 2 weeks to get the ressources for an item so it should take 2 weeks to craft it? now THAT is what i call nonsense 😃 )

-Playing one or 2 hours a day is enough (one hour or 2 to get the ressources, you start the craft, repeat the next day and it's done after 5 days. This event last for like 2 weeks so don't tell me you don't have the time to do everything without 'rushing').

-So your main problem here is the same that all of these little whiners. You guys just want to rush this event but you can't !

There's no leaderboard or 'more reward the more you do' so who told you to rush it ?? That's just YOUR problem, get it?

can we fix the revenant glitch on finsishing the quest when u have been glitched.  U guys should at least make it able to sell mask and re start the quest.   There is no way it is worth this mutch frustrstion for an nerd team to f up this mutch

I was a bit disappointed that after the resoirce collecting part you only get a single mission and nothing else. 

I mean, all other events had some kind of replayability system, in fact i specifically rushed through the contribution phase last night to get to what i thought would be the good stuff. While the relay is gorgeous it feels like the event is missing a piece. 

9 часов назад, [DE]Danielle сказал:

Fixed missing textures on bushes in new Strata Relay.

Every day, I worry all day
About what's waiting in the bushes of love
‘Cause something's waiting in the bushes for us
Something's waiting in the bushes of love

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

A 15 hour or 50 platinum wait wall in the foundry for an event is quite disappointing. The junction task restricts you from pushing yourself. You can only contribute 30 Pyrus Essence; nothing more. The premise of this event is fantastic, but the "community" aspect is nonexistent. You cannot see what your friends contribute, you cannot see what your clan has contributed, and you most certainly cannot see what your Alliance has contributed. There is also no meter or measurement on what the community has accomplished. A visual representation of the (scripted) contributions for this event would be much appreciated. I remember this event being mentioned last year on the Reddit AMA. This event feels quite rushed and so recycled, the junction task for the Strata Relay reconstruction even affected the rest of the starchart.

Total agreement

A Suggestion for Revenant's 4, Since the problem with it is People using it constantly/Turning it on and not turning it off Rather then increasing it's base cost Instead make it "Tick up" on the cost per say 2-3 seconds of use, Meaning it's strenous to maintain it constantly and can be used for short bursts easily enough with little/no pressure.

when i read the patchnotes yesterday i was really excited about the upcoming event..

but i have to say i am very disappointed with how it is executed. 3h wait for one single strut or pay 10 plat each?

so what you gave us is a 2 hour farm, combined with a 15 hour wait for the struts to complete the event.

please for the next relay: MORE immersion of the community into the rebuilding process is needed. like people said: visual changes when you complete something, a way to contrubute more than just a few essences, a single simaris scan, ... and so on. give us the feeling we relly rebuild that thing, that we really contribute something. currently its nothing more than some never to be remembered event that hopefully never rehappens the same way.

and it feels like you want people to pay the plat to counter the (nonexistent) inflation. especially for new players that dont have 2-10k plat lying around catching dust, the plat is needed elsewhere (slots, potatoes, ...). and for most people 5x3h wait means at LEAST one night in between, because of sleep, work, school, ... life - ending in a 2-4 day wait just to get the struts done...

REVENANT IS AMAZEBALLS NOW, OH MY GOODNESS.

Thank you so much for fixing the max on Enthrall!!! Danse Macabre costs an arm and a leg to use, but hey, if that's the worst I can think of, I'm happy! It's powerful enough that it makes sense to have a high cost. Also, I LOVE how it adapts its damage according to the enemy being damaged, that's CRAZY awesome.

Thank you, DE! 

the issue with Revenant isn't the fact that he only has 4 thralls (though the fact it's description says "horde" and still has that cap is indeed an issue) it's the fact that they're practically useless. This skill is mainly comparable to nyx's mind first skill, the differences being:
-They can be damaged, dying before the mind control effect even sets in, unlike nyx's minion who becomes invincible until the timer runs out in which case it takes the full brunt of the damage it should have taken

-The ai are generally stupid, nyx's mind controlled unit is $&*&*#(%&ed, but at least it's tanky and can do something in spite of its $&*&*#(%&ism, but revenant's skill seems to make enemies straight up catatonic, so it would frankly be better to rename the ability to "mental trauma"

-the cast time. This ability's cast tie is roughly the same as nyx's but the main issue is it's effectiveness, as stated above. If the ability could do more, then alright, the cast time is fine, but it doesn't, the same goes for his second and third ability, an extensive cast time for minimal effect and in the case of his third skill, an overly-excessive cast time

please make changes based on this, not just by assuming "oh, the players are probably complaining about the enemy cap, not the fact that the enemies die too fast to be useful or that they don't do anything"

and in regards to the synergy with his abilities, just make it so that only his third and fourth skill can actually do damage to them. If players end up complaining that this kills them too fast then this time it's on them.

my feedback n revenant:

his one is okey now, but in team, teammates kill them all either way so who cares xD

his second.... i never had problem with it. only place where its weak is ESO.

his 3rd is useless.... i mean useless, really. heals u only on thralls but they r dead in team play. why not make it so that they mark targets and that market targets can also make pillars of energy once killed... would be way more usefull. or make it so that it heals off normally on regular units and not just thralls.

his 4th was fine... dunno why u nefred it .... just reverse it back.. or if u dont, make pillars do more damage and make overshields stronger

tnx in advance for all your hard work DE \p/

13 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Note on Revenant:
We continue to closely monitor feedback channels on Revenant and will continue to do so over the long weekend coming up. Thank you! 

if they drop the base energy cost from 20 to say 15-17 I feel like it would be sitting at a good spot, with  Excalibur and  the other frames you can run around with there ability on revenant you ether have to drop his cast and recast it when you get into a group of enemys since he moves so slow or use his 3rd to zip across and mostly hit a wall before you get into another group. still a Nerf from what it was before but not as heavy as a Nerf since his 4th is kindof then bread and butter of his kit

Hi are u going to fix bug Revenant quest i finished mission after 1st part didnt see anather one on the map now i cant sell mask or restart mission to get main blueprint for Revenant ? Trayed everything requiping the mask restarting the game wait for new night cycle,sell mask (u cant sell it)... 

So about new operation.

Idea is epic and I love steel meridian so it was cool to help them. Buuuut I got all of the needed missions and resoruces in like 2 hours.

I would be cooler (in my opinion) if we got anything more to do since we need to wait 3h x5 for those things to finish building. Even if its a part of a event and some ppl says it is almost like crafting weapon... its not that satysfing. It basicly makes you sit and watch your foundry (cuz you cant use mobile up to pick those things up) and than you can enter relay and take your prices.Which dont play good and be honest... doesnt sounds good as well.

Also Revenant nerfs? Cost of Danse Macabre was high before nerf! I dont think this is a good way of nerfing. Also Casting of all of his abilities despite 4 is super long!

And Im sad new 2 doesnt mark enemies straight away like it did on devstream... do you think I will go out of my 4 just to cast super long 1 on 1 enemy?

He should be able to use all of the skills during danse macabre if you want to give something back for those long casting times.

2 seconds ability casting to stop next 9 shots? I need to pay energy and cast, super long casting ability just to stop 9 shots or hits? Well let me just say... if you play warframe and take Revenant to Sanctuary Onslaught... it is surely enough to stop incoming damage for long enough 😉

❤️

Archived