Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught is Pointless Boredom Because of Saryn

ActionPoohole

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GhostofaMessiah:

Oberon

? not sure if possible or real, never thought of oberon as damage frame but ok.. if a Saryn cant compete with a oberon shes really S#&$.. even at 300% str oberons dmg output will most likely not be able to compete with saryns range AND dmg scaling. low lvl overkill nuke... yeah as soon as you see lvl 100 gunner/bombard saryn will take over. 

pls correct me if im wrong 😄

4 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Yeah also to increase her damage she needs infected to stay alive. If you actually go and kill everyone thats still standing after initial cast she looses alot of killing power between the waves.  If you are killing the enemies before they get infected your also depriving her of infection victims she vitally needs to get her spores the damage they need to amp up her damage.

That's true and that's what the challenge is to keep up with saryn is you have to come in swinging with a high kps to keep her down. But honestly I love having saryns in my game. Usually means we can go that much further. I actively shoot their spores to help her do her thing. Because good players help other players get kills.

I remember when Saryn Spectre in Relay mission 1 hit my Excalibur. Outplayed him by hiding behind a wall and spamming Excalted Blade at him then crit landed and it one hit him too lol

Edited by k4for
typo

Nerf all frames till the game becomes even more of a chore/grind to play. /s
I like the new rework personally though. they made you do more than just button press after awhile. Miasma spam only gets you so far in a kuva survival. Try it around 60 minute mark and see if the map gets cleared. PS: You're probably having trouble staying alive even with Arcane Guardian at that point unless you are good at maneuvering around. Hence. No sit and nuke, unless its a low level mission, ie. the beginning.

1 hour ago, bagelsan said:

Death. Plenty of moving around and death. At least for the enemy.

I just did an interception meso level to round 6. Spores failed to kill enemies as fast as stated. Hell My brother playing Volt did 13% more damage to them then(end game damage done) me but I got more kills (368 to his 267) Spores just isn't THAT deadly until you ramp up and hope your team doesn't kill the enemy too fast so you can build up your toxin stacks. Because the only way it increases is by having infected. If your team kills them quickly your stacks don't go up very much! I think the highest I got was only to about 500 stacks. Plus after each wave you decay back down to 0 again.

Edited by Andaius

Solutions:

1) Solo play

2) Pre Made Group (possibly with clan)

3) Accept that you get what you get with PUGs

4) Uninstall

Take away lesson:

Stop it.  Stop complaining about frames you don't like because you can't keep up.  "My fun is ruined!" yeah, well stop playing with those people then, it's your CHOICE who you play with.  Have the adult personal responsibility to either deal with it, or put your own group together.  So sick of all this whinging and screaming for nerfs, it's so predictable and boring.  Leave the frames alone.  If you can't keep up, up YOUR arsenal, because literally all of the frames are viable and useful.

I personally think the whines and rants are justified, but Saryn will always be that nuke frame. The flaw is in her thematic and design itself. The power fantasy of spreading contagion or viruses, killed by some unseen force is there but that would inevitably lead to uninteractive gameplay. This is the same case for Limbo being hated for singlehandedly changing the pace of the game through rift shenanigans but that is always part of his power fantasy of displacing himself and enemies and dancing between the rift and realspace. (Exhibit A would be the Mystics in realm of the Mad God)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Klokwerkaos:

So sick of all this whinging and screaming for nerfs, it's so predictable and boring.

Oh you mean as opposed to astoundingly mind shattering truths like "Just play solo" and "My fun > your fun"?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Kotsender_Quasimir:

In b4 "but broken IS fun", "just play solo", "PVE games never need nerfing", "don't turn WF into COD/Destiny" and the usual thought terminating clichés...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Klokwerkaos:

If you can't keep up, up YOUR arsenal, because literally all of the frames are viable and useful

My arsenal literally is complete, that's not the point. Press-X-to-play simply is dull, no matter which side you're on.

10 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Oh you mean as opposed to astoundingly mind shattering truths like "Just play solo" and "My fun > your fun"?

My arsenal literally is complete, that's not the point. Press-X-to-play simply is dull, no matter which side you're on.

Put your own group together is listed... if you can't manage to do that at MR 25 I don't know how you manage to get stuff done.  But hey, ignore the inconvenient stuff.

and as far as "what is dull", well bro, what is fun for you and what is fun for me and what is fun for her and him is all different things.  Some players value efficiency, and if you try to take that away, they will just find the next most efficient thing.  Not everyone plays the way you do, but when you enter a pug you tacitly agree to random whatever you get, if you don't like it, don't pug.  Cry all you want about it, but them's the facts.

If you don't go into a pug to carry you go in to fail.  If you don't like the way other's play, that's really YOUR problem and you have the options to opt out as a responsible adult gamer.  If you choose not to, well, no sympathy here.  Put your own group together.  You're MR 25 if your arsenal is complete, which means you either have a clan or have easy access to the biggest ones, and there's always group recruiting chat.  If you can't manage that, again, no sympathy. 

You know why, because my fun is more important to me, and your fun is more important to you, and hers is to her and his is to him, etc.

Different priorities and different definitions of fun.  Your fun and priorities are YOUR responsibility, not DE's, not the rest of the PUG.  If you don't get that, you're basically proclaiming petulance and demanding everyone else cater to it, and nah bro, nah.

Get indignant if you like, but those are the facts of the matter, and you can argue the facts all you like but it won't change them.  I would argue the mature approach is to accept the reality as presented and use the options generously available to you.  The solution is there, it's up to you to take it and if you refuse it, that's a choice you make for your own misery.  Enjoy!

Edited by Klokwerkaos

Engough! Saryn is balance. The old saryn was useless. I am Captain_Bonecold and I been here from the start. Saryn is balance. Her spores back then was useless. They stop the Molt spore bombs. 

I play as saryn. I am not OP. I am balance. I've seen slow novas. I've seen people say blah op. What is your level Top creator?  Have you forma?  Have you upgrade your warframe? A LV 1 sees a max out upgrade Rank 30 warframe as OP.

I'm sick of people saying a certain warframes are OP. I'm also sick of people insulting Limbo. Saryn my favorite warframe. She the snake/Flower warframe.  Stop trying to ruin Saryn. This Tenno loves Saryn the way she is now. But I always love her design. 

Edited by (PS4)Captain_Bonecold

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ActionPoohole:

Lets not get into semantics here, you know exactly what I'm saying (I should hope). A Saryn can stand in the middle of an area and make a damn hissing noise and everything dies.

No she can not. The scaling part of her abilities requires permanent management...reseting and popping of spores aso. If you're talking about Miasama, that one is a nuke similar to the nukes a solid 50% of the frames have..kinda inferior to most of them even since you need duration and can't just go min/max for efficiency and strength.

She's glass on top of that.

It's not just like she can't just walk away from the keyboard, it's more that she can't do anything at all without putting a lot of effort into the game. The days she could are long gone...what brings me to the question what's really behind this. Mad that someone legitimately was better then you?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Klokwerkaos:

Cry all you want about it, but them's the facts.

The fact Warframe is supposed to be a "coop 3rd person shooter" is void tho, "bro"? Also who's whining, all i'm reading from your side is "bohoo, don't take my braindead easy mode away from me :*(".

You know why, because my fun is more important to me, and your fun is more important to you, and hers is to her and his is to him, etc.

That's one brilliant eye-opener if i ever read one right there... Thanks so much to your fruitful contribution to this discussion, i shall henceforth withdraw to ponder the errors of my ways... Oh no wait, actually that's saying pretty much nothing at all. What OP is promoting is a sort of balancing which actually justifies the term "COOP" thus giving more chance to everyone to be a vital addition to a party, it's a win-win and nothing else.

But hey, ignore the inconvenient stuff.

Said the guy complaining about having to press more than 1 button per mission...

If you don't go into a pug to carry you go in to fail.  If you don't like the way other's play, that's really YOUR problem and you have the options to opt out as a responsible adult gamer.  If you choose not to, well, no sympathy here.  Put your own group together.  You're MR 25 if your arsenal is complete, which means you either have a clan or have easy access to the biggest ones, and there's always group recruiting chat.  If you can't manage that, again, no sympathy.

Yes, i got the point you ain't got sympathy for anyone but your lazy, oh excuse me, "efficient" self, noted.

You're MR 25 if your arsenal is complete, which means you either have a clan or have easy access to the biggest ones, and there's always group recruiting chat.

Yeah i still got the ghost clan running some RL-friends invited me to 4 years ago, introducing me to the game. Now none of them is playing but me anymore, not one. The reason? Boredom.

Some players value efficiency, and if you try to take that away, they will just find the next most efficient thing.

So what's your problem then?

Your fun and priorities are YOUR responsibility, not DE's

It's in their best interest to provide entertainment as their income hinges on it. If they weren't interested about their players' priorities these forums wouldn't exist.

If you don't get that, you're basically proclaiming petulance and demanding everyone else cater to it, and nah bro, nah.

Again: I'm dreaming of a game design that would allow more flexibility and more even contribution among players in missions but for all i care make it a seperate game mode called "actual action game mode" or whatever and keep this actual "powercreeping mess mode", everyone's happy, problem solved. I wouldn't even care in the slightest if they'd share the exact same loot tables.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Captain_Bonecold:

I am Captain_Bonecold and I been here from the start.

And how exactly does that make you an authority on the matter?

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Captain_Bonecold:

I play as saryn. I am not OP.

I play as Saryn in ESO, too. It feels plenty OP to me. Oh dear.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Kotsender_Quasimir:

I play as Saryn in ESO, too. It feels plenty OP to me. 

You mean because spores don't reset with each level like everyone elses stuff? Yeah, that's a bug. DE is aware but they don't want to touch the code for that imo.

You playing her in any content you can't abuse something? You should probably give it a shot before calling her OP.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

6 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

The fact Warframe is supposed to be a "coop 3rd person shooter" is void tho, "bro"? Also who's whining, all i'm reading from your side is "bohoo, don't take my braindead easy mode away from me :*(".

That's one brilliant eye-opener if i ever read one right there... Thanks so much to your fruitful contribution to this discussion, i shall henceforth withdraw to ponder the errors of my ways... Oh no wait, actually that's saying pretty much nothing at all. What OP is promoting is a sort of balancing which actually justifies the term "COOP" thus giving more chance to everyone to be a vital addition to a party, it's a win-win and nothing else.

Said the guy complaining about having to press more than 1 button per mission...

Yes, i got the point you ain't got sympathy for anyone but your lazy, oh excuse me, "efficient" self, noted.

Yeah i still got the ghost clan running some RL-friends invited me to 4 years ago, introducing me to the game. Now none of them is playing but me anymore, not one. The reason? Boredom.

So what's your problem then?

It's in their best interest to provide entertainment as their income hinges on it. If they weren't interested about their players' priorities these forums wouldn't exist.

Again: I'm dreaming of a game design that would allow more flexibility and more even contribution among players in missions but for all i care make it a seperate game mode called "actual action game mode" or whatever and keep this actual "powercreeping mess mode", everyone's happy, problem solved. I wouldn't even care in the slightest if they'd share the exact same loot tables.

And how exactly does that make you an authority on the matter?

I play as Saryn in ESO, too. It feels plenty OP to me. Oh dear.

Defensiveness, name calling, baseless accusations not rooted in reality ... not impressed.  Look, it's in the game and lots of us like different stuff. You're right, it is in DEs best interest to satisfy players... the most players, not the edge cases.  You know who has those analytics? DE,  you know what playing eso shows? Lots of people prefer play styles you don't like.  You know what else? Arguing with you is pointless, you show so far you have no ability to change your mind, only push your agenda, regardless of evidence presented and options available.  I'll let you continue to troll the thread without interacting with me from here on out since that's pretty evidently and clearly your agenda, to scream indignantly  till you get your way.  I'll just continue doing what I do and enjoying warframe while you cam waste your time being bitter rather than taking adult personal responsibility for your own good time.  I already gave you the solution, you have access to change things, you refuse to take it, I call that you making your choice for your own misery.  Peace out.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Klokwerkaos:

Defensiveness, name calling, baseless accusations not rooted in reality ... not impressed.  Look, it's in the game and lots of us like different stuff. You're right, it is in DEs best interest to satisfy players... the most players, not the edge cases.  You know who has those analytics? DE,  you know what playing eso shows? Lots of people prefer play styles you don't like.  You know what else? Arguing with you is pointless, you show so far you have no ability to change your mind, only push your agenda, regardless of evidence presented and options available.  I'll let you continue to troll the thread without interacting with me from here on out since that's pretty evidently and clearly your agenda, to scream indignantly  till you get your way.  I'll just continue doing what I do and enjoying warframe while you cam waste your time being bitter rather than taking adult personal responsibility for your own good time.  I already gave you the solution, you have access to change things, you refuse to take it, I call that you making your choice for your own misery.  Peace out.

Cute, now for the victim playing shtick again. Who started calling other ppl whiners (and pleading for game balance in general fascist (of all things) repeatedly in the past) again?

Whatevs, peace out indeed.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

You playing her in any content you can't abuse something? You should probably give it a shot.

Yeah i tried her in various high level (in b4 "high lvl starts at 300+ / 500+ / 9999 etc... Yeah no, it does not) defenses and survivals. Even apart from said bug she's just too potent at map (and beyond really) clearing, especially, like said, considering it's with a one-skill. Spreads too easily, too wide, racks up too fast, ticks too frequent... Take your pick. I think its design was originally meant to be a debuff mostly so i think i'd go the route of keeping the spread but capping the damage, but there'd be numerous solutions really. Note how DE kept reworking the skill like 3/4 times within only 2 weeks, makes one kinda wonder why they'd settle at its current state, especially since the idea was to make her less of an ESO-monster but try to find a squad without her now...

11 часов назад, ActionPoohole сказал:

So a bit of a vent thread here: Yet again I run into another Saryn on KUVA survival.

45 minutes into the game everything is still dying and the Saryn is doing almost nothing, seemingly semi-afk. So I guess my point is...

No, Saryn is a way too far from being semi-AFK easy mode, she has a perfect skill's synergy and interactivity.

And to be really effective on high-level content she must combine all her skills, move and parkour a lot.

So, crying about Saryn's nerf, while absolutely absurd 1-button semi-AFK nukers like Equinox\Volt ults are still in game, is absolutely pointless.

Also just checked your profile stats and was surprised that you don't have Saryn, you have zero experience with it, so you talk about thinks you absolutely don't know.

Actually you crafted and have gaming experience only with 1\4 of all frames.

The most weird thing was the fact that you have almost 40% time played on Octavia, which is extremely OP invis easy mode in most cases.

Smells like a fake double standarts and very one-sided understanding of balance itself.

Also was wondering the fact that while you did a few Hydrolist captures you still don't have any gilded AMP, which means that you was a useless wagon in squad parasiting on the efforts of your teammates.

And in that time you trying to talk about passive players and game difficulty in general. :facepalm:

When a veteran player (To not only Warframe) such as myself

Yeah, another "veteran" with small gaming experience registered in 2k17.

45 minutes into the game everything is still dying

45 minutes are is absolutely nothing. 

Being only low-level player is a problem, which provokes such topics.

Edited by --Dark_Rage--

9 hours ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Clearly it was part of a wider point about how sometimes it's nice to have it easy because the rest of the time you have to do it all yourself. I don't actually have CTS.

If Saryns were showing up over 50% of the time and I wasn't able to play my own game and be effective then you'd have a point. However they aren't, I am and you don't. 

I do have a point and you missed it entirely.

Being made redundant for 1 hour straight is not fun. If you find that fun then good for you. Is that gaming? I didn't think standing around doing nothing was gaming, but then again; subjective isn't it?

But your posts? Are you reading how abrasive you are? You just throw red herrings everywhere in a flurry of upset about avoiding Carpal Tunnel. If you don't have it or aren't avoiding it then why say it? You're just misdirecting discussion and I'm not interested in that.

Furthermore, I prefer not to discuss facets of gaming with console players. It's no offence intended; console based games/gamers have been hindering the experience of PC games for a long time and aiming with a control probably designed originally for steering aeroplanes means you don't enjoy games the same way that someone using a quality and precise aiming device would.

My point about this is: If you're okay with aiming with a mushroom stick then you're probably okay with having a Saryn carry you.

I really don't like your attitude either, so there is that. You can't go telling someone they don't have a point just because you don't believe it. It's opinion, so dissing mine and over-riding it with this nonsense doesn't further your point either.

9 hours ago, Azrayle said:

You want me to discuss the Topic? Fine:

I agree with (almost) everything you wrote on Page 1 only with point 2 I have some problems with. Some Abilitys need even more Range but I dont wanna point out wich and how. Pretty much everything you pointed out are SERIOUS problems of Warframe that just keep getting worse and worse, and your suggestions are really nice.

BUT  no one (from DE) will look at this and say: Guys! this is it this could make our game better and (at least for now) stop powercreeping and whining players. 

I personally enjoy Spy missions, and sometimes run them if im bored. I also love survival missions (i really like them, they are by far my favorite gamemode) But im also the type thats ok with Archwing 😄

I just cant say enough that the problems you showed on your initial post are Serious and need to be adressed. But im sure we will see nothing of all this SOON™.

even if we make 1000 of these posts.

Thanks for your post and thanks for your positive comments about my suggestions.

Survival missions are my favourites: I prefer when done to run for 2+ hours. Just sometimes it seems pointless and people just leave due to random reasons. I'm a pretty experienced gamer and I would run for longer, but often see no point in doing so. But I do like to challenge myself and when I partake in content I don't ever want to be carried if I capable of doing my part in it.

I like Archwing too, but they need to separate it from the original gameplay control system entirely and take a look at the old games like Descent with full 360 movement or something... Make it a full blown game of its own. Right now it's just a tag on, sort of like operators... They're just tacked on. When you go into archwing mode it's just a laggy sorta vessel for your frame and doesn't enhance the experience enough to warrant being separate. I look forward to seeing a better arch wing experience.

Gotta start somewhere with the threads and as they mount up maybe they can promote a bit of an enhanced experience. The more the posts show up the more in their face it is. It's like the complaints about how terrible KUVA farming was so they gave us KUVA Survival at TAVEUNI in the KUVA Fortress.

Gotta start somewhere so it's appreciated if people make a more concerted effort to show their points and validate them together rather than making a joke because DE don't pay much attention.

They often do read these threads I hear; they just do the smart thing and don't get involved in posting due to people fact checking them, misquoting, arguments and etc...

9 hours ago, (XB1)GhostofaMessiah said:

Everyone that says saryn is overpowered isn't playing on a damage frame.

Everyone who says the game is too easy, isn't staying long enough before they extract.

Why do so many people have an issue with "kill hogs"? 

I don't understand it. It's a co-op game.

When did winning stop being the objective?

No one here said winning isn't the objective.

"Everyone who says the game is too easy, isn't staying long enough before they extract." - In response to this, if you read the thread it clearly points out about this being an issue and there is more on the subject in the previous posts. So you obviously didn't read the entirety of the thread. I'd suggest to go back and read more and then maybe comment as this has been discussed already.

"So many" people... Yes so many, have an issue with not being able to partake in the game because people are actually playing a game and want to be a part of playing it. More people than not actually want to partake in the game when they have the means to do so. When you reach this point with all this stuff you get from "winning" then what exactly are you doing with it? Winning and Winning till you have won almost everything to get to the point of being able to partake in content and play a substantial role in killing the enemy in great numbers...

So just sit back and let Saryn do everything for an hour and then they probably want to leave anyway? Winning stopped being the objective when there's nothing you're "winning".

When you're going after end game resources like KUVA and rerolling millions of KUVA into Riven mods then you have passed the point of "winning" and now you're enhancing your gear. Why would you want or need someone to kill every mob in the game for an hour straight when you have the means to more than easily do so.

Well, that means nothing if you're in a game and everything has turned to slop before it even arrives within view.

Not exactly sure what is being won at this point apart from your time being taken up to get more KUVA to have more of your time taken up by Saryns.

I get loot to enhance my experience, not to just get more loot. I got almost everything I needed back when I had a HEK and Sonicor as my main weapons. Now it's onto trying to challenge myself because the game does not.

So here I am, and here comes a Saryn. Uh, game over. Might as well just quit and start again because I don't want to spend 1+ hour walking around and empty map.

When challenging ones self because the game does not; that is when "winning" is not the objective. I believe that answers your question. (And no, this doesn't call for a technicality/literacy check)

Oh man, look at all the Saryn mains flooding this thread to defend their beloved OP nuke frame.

"I'm being useful by nuking the entire map, guys! What? I'm ruining the fun for the other players by not letting them kill anything? Who cares!"

Besides, she's a solo frame which doesn't support her teammates, she just kills everything with barely any effort.

Edited by Caliboom

23 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Oh man, look at all the Saryn mains flooding this thread to defend their beloved OP nuke frame.

"I'm being useful by nuking the entire map, guys! What? I'm ruining the fun for the other players by not letting them kill anything? Who cares!"

Besides, she's a solo frame which doesn't support her teammates, she just kills everything with barely any effort.

Isn't a Saryn Main, has 25% or so on Ember Prime, Steam says 2600 hours played. Gave an Example of a Volt doing more damage then me as a saryn on a Meso interception. going to 6 rounds. Explained that Saryn cant really 1 cast spores and kill tyhe map unless you enable her ramp up by not killing anything and letting spore damage do it. as thats the only way to get toxin stacks. That she looses all her stacks between waves pretty much as the decay is pretty rapid when you have no infected. It was later proved by other guys that the OP hasn't ever played or even built Saryn so has no idea what it takes to play her or how her abilities work in game.

She's just a damage frame, most damage frames don't do team support skills. The only way she gets lots of kills on high level content is if her team doesn't do anything. For the mentioned reasons. Spore damage starts low decays fast and only gets stronger the longer infected are alive. Kill infected less time for toxin stacks to build up. Less toxin stacks less damage. Less damage spores means more time for the team to kill the enemy on higher levels.

Also in my experience she's fairly squishie as I have to use regen molt quite a bit to stay up in the later stages of the game. She also doesn't have built in CC with her powers. (Molt is short lived under the firepower of high level enemies, and Misasma only has a short stun.) My 185% str Saryn spore is listed as doing a base 18.5 damage a second for spore. Now I'm not saying I have the best build for Saryn (it's actually pretty old, atleast a year of more.)

13 hours ago, ActionPoohole said:

This has the potential to work with the right design in mind, wasn't exactly what I thought, I just thought lower range overall for all warframes and better designed enemy pathing to stop enemies wasting time getting to the points.

Saryn? Lol bring octavia or equinox or Mesa or mirage rhino 

Frost maxxed range avalanche swipe avalanche go get soda swipe avalanche swipe avalanche swipe avalanche open refrigerator swipe avalanche swipe avalanche come back get to next kuva tower swipe avalanche drink soda swipe avalanche drink soda swipe avalanche eat doritos go get to next kuva tower repeat repeat repeat extract at 55 minutes 

Just Did a kuva survival and a pub has Saryn got upset at constant avalanche then next kuva survival  got my rhino stomp maxxed range and see same pub Saryn left at 25 minutes    saryn left squad lol perhaps Saryn was butthurt? Lol

Maxxed primed mods 8 forma on my frames arcane energize, zenurik focus , syndicate simulor so whats lack of energy ? 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

Saryn? Lol bring octavia or equinox or Mesa or mirage rhino 

Frost maxxed range avalanche swipe avalanche go get soda swipe avalanche swipe avalanche swipe avalanche open refrigerator swipe avalanche swipe avalanche come back get to next kuva tower swipe avalanche drink soda swipe avalanche drink soda swipe avalanche eat doritos go get to next kuva tower repeat repeat repeat extract at 55 minutes 

Just Did a kuva survival and a pub has Saryn got upset at constant avalanche then next kuva survival  got my rhino stomp maxxed range and see same pub Saryn left at 25 minutes    saryn left squad lol perhaps Saryn was butthurt? Lol

Maxxed primed mods 8 forma on my frames arcane energize, zenurik focus , syndicate simulor so whats lack of energy ? 

See^ If you actually kill the enemies and no let them stay alive the longest possible time to ramp up Stacks Saryns always start and stay in low damage tick mode. Saryn cannot nuke level 30 guys in an instant with spores unless you have some serious stacks riding along.

Wiki on growth:

• When the outbreak first begins, damage per second starts at 6 / 8 / 8 / 10 Corrosive b Corrosive damage; for every second Spores remain active, damage per second increases by 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 2 Corrosive b Corrosive damage per infected enemy, up to a damage growth cap of 10 infected enemies. Current damage per second is uniform across all active spores and will apply to newly infected enemies.
      • Initial damage and damage growth per second are affected by Ability Strength.
      • Damage growth enemy cap is not affected by mods.
        • Amount of infected enemies is unlimited, only damage growth is capped.
      • Current damage per second is hard-capped at 100,000 damage.
    • While Spores is active, a stylized infection meter appears above Saryn's ability icons on the HUD, indicating the current damage per second and tracks the number of infected enemies in the mission affected by spores belonging to the player.

So as you can see not only it the max damage capped, it's max growth rate is too.

• When zero infected remains, Spores' current damage per second is instantly reduced by 20% then decays at 10% of the new total every 0.5 seconds until it reaches the initial damage amount. Damage decay stops when at least one enemy is infected by Spores.
      • Reset decay is inversely affected by Ability Strength (e.g., more strength reduces amount consumed.)
      • Damage decay rate is inversely affected by Ability Duration (e.g., more duration reduces amount of damage decay per half second.)
      • Nullifying effects (such as entering Sanctuary Onslaught Data-Conduits) increases the decay rate to 30% per half second.
      • Damage decay interval is not affected by mods.
    • Current damage per second is visibly subtracted from the meter whilst a red flashing "decaying" warning message replaces the counter for number of infected enemies.
    • The infection meter disappears when it reaches the initial damage amount.

Fast decay when no infected. first tick you loose 20% of your stack and every .5 you loose 10. So in 4 or so seconds your back to 0 stacks.

Edited by Andaius