Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any weapons that are good for Eidolon hunt without riven?

NAVYclam

Question

1 minute ago, NAVYclam said:

But seems i need a riven.

Why do you need a riven?

I have use Opticor, Lanka etc without rivens just fine. It may not one hit the limbs, but so what?

• What well modded weapons do you own currently? Use one of them.

Who cares about your damage? Only one person needs to do damage. Basically, forget rivens, just do the hunts without any damage, who cares?

• I have done hunts before with only trash weapons (as in, I could barely damage the Eidolons). Not a single person complained about it, because my job was not to do damage.

40 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

Video

...outdated.

Vex Armor doesn't scale well with Damage Mods bc in its calculation it functions as these mods.

You better use Elemental Mods

This is how a built for the Chroma looks like

up0Vl8t.jpg

Switch out Speed Trigger for Serration if you are not the Chroma and Vile Acceleration if you prefer the Rubico/Vectis Prime which don't need Fire Rate and instead use a (primed) Cryo Rounds

40 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

you do need to be at a certain MR to take down the shields of the eidolon  and have finished the second dream quest

It's "The War Within", which is MR5 locked on Sedna Junction and Saya's Vigil to get an Amp. 

edit: @OP why do you open another thread? You could have asked these things in your last one...where it already was explained 🤔

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

48 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Why do you need a riven?

I have use Opticor, Lanka etc without rivens just fine. It may not one hit the limbs, but so what?

• What well modded weapons do you own currently? Use one of them.

Who cares about your damage? Only one person needs to do damage. Basically, forget rivens, just do the hunts without any damage, who cares?

• I have done hunts before with only trash weapons (as in, I could barely damage the Eidolons). Not a single person complained about it, because my job was not to do damage.

I dont know. Since my MR is low, I guess I thought every blame would head towards me.

53 minutes ago, NAVYclam said:

I dont know. Since my MR is low, I guess I thought every blame would head towards me.

Your MR should not matter. 

There are different "roles" for hunts. If you do not pick a damage role, you do not need damage. If you are just going to heal everything, you do not need damage. If someone wants to do damage but does not have a correct build, they are to blame. 

• Short answer: provided you can fill the role you said you would, one cares.

Are you running solo or in a group? I have godly lanka and vectis riven but since im volt i barely need to use my primary.

Also, before I had rivens, i just modded my lanka and vectis prime properly and tried to play with max zoom and build a combo/headshot counter so i could still 1-2 shot the limbs and eidolons.

32 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Your MR should not matter. 

There are different "roles" for hunts. If you do not pick a damage role, you do not need damage. If you are just going to heal everything, you do not need damage. If someone wants to do damage but does not have a correct build, they are to blame. 

• Short answer: provided you can fill the role you said you would, one cares.

True. But it seems I cant get in a squad since everyone wants a volt, trin and harrow..

38 minutes ago, wiinston17 said:

Are you running solo or in a group? I have godly lanka and vectis riven but since im volt i barely need to use my primary.

Also, before I had rivens, i just modded my lanka and vectis prime properly and tried to play with max zoom and build a combo/headshot counter so i could still 1-2 shot the limbs and eidolons.

Solo. And may i have that build?

1 hour ago, NAVYclam said:

True. But it seems I cant get in a squad since everyone wants a volt, trin and harrow..

You need to walk before you run. Go run some Terralyst hunts in PUG first. Lanka, rubico, or Vectis Prime modded for radiation are what you need. Meta groups are only needed for Tridolons which you should not be running if you are not comfortable with Terralysts. Also meta groups have very specific expectations about focus schools. 

24 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

You need to walk before you run. Go run some Terralyst hunts in PUG first. Lanka, rubico, or Vectis Prime modded for radiation are what you need. Meta groups are only needed for Tridolons which you should not be running if you are not comfortable with Terralysts. Also meta groups have very specific expectations about focus schools. 

I should solo is what youre saying?

And this is getting confusing lol.         So these bosses are 3 specifically different creatures? And do they spawn at different location? 

4 minutes ago, NAVYclam said:

And this is getting confusing lol.         So these bosses are 3 specifically different creatures? And do they spawn at different location? 

You really could do with reading / watching some media, the process for getting each to spawn is to capture the preceding one, and use it's shard to summon the next on the island on the lake.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

You really could do with reading / watching some media, the process for getting each to spawn is to capture the preceding one, and use it's shard to summon the next on the island on the lake.

This is easier. And thanks.

25 minutes ago, NAVYclam said:

Fight the Terralyst in a public group. Go to Cetus, accept the Terralyst bounty, and fight it with other players.

1 hour ago, NAVYclam said:

So these bosses are 3 specifically different creatures? And do they spawn at different location? 

http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/earth-cetus-plains-of-eidolon-f85/-tridolon-hunting--t62.html

It's not finished yet but the essential hunt is explained in detail with screenshots

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Can 2 shot an Eidolon limb using my Lanka without a Riven. Sometimes if I have a nice buff running I can one shot it. Two players running a well Forma'd built up Lanka can instakill it. At that point it's taking the same amount of time as someone one shotting it, you just have to communicate which syn you both shoot(easy way is to mark the next one with g).

I'd really advise you to look up a guide, most random players wouldn't mind someone who's new to hunting, but would be extremely annoyed and maybe even leave if it's obvious that said person has no clue where he is. E.G. I had an Umbra with Cernos the other day, which caused an MR24 Trin to leave 😕 

Also, it's not that important to do top damage, what is important is knowing your role. If you can't deal damage (take out a limb in max 2 or 3 hits), get Trinity or Oberon, collect lures and make sure they stay alive, heal them here and there and keep them off the pillars, run with Zenurik and give energy to the team.

Once you've upgraded your operator with a proper amp and an arcane or two you'd be able to deal more damage to the shields as well.

Last but probably most important part, yes there are the usual MR25s with Volt or Chroma who 1shot limbs with a godlike Riven, but 50% of the time that 1shot is actually Void Strike or Unairu Wisp with an additional buff (Chroma, Rhino) or shield (Volt).

TLDR: If you can't do damage go healer -> Teralyst -> Better Amp/Some Focus -> all 3 -> More Focus/Operator Arcanes -> Run whatever you like.