Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

first person

Nemro5

i have some friends that are into shooters and mmo's but they have one problem and im kinda the same.

there is no first person! now hear me out. i don't like looking at my charecter from the back it just irritates me but with warframe i don't really mind.

but a lot of people like my friends will turn down the game just because its in third person. so is there a way to imploment a feature that lets you be in first person? and then you can change to third person if you want.

Edit: to those who say bullet jumping can cause motion sickness DE could just do what overwatch did with McCree's roll and i don't say u have to see your weapons while in First Person Mode just like to make your charecter not visible but then the game whould be weird but still. like most MMO's you can zoom into your charecter and a lot of ppl use it

Edited by Nemro5

This question pops up quite frequently over here, the answer is resounding...

No.

Many arguments are used, like movement, asset scale and quality, the whole game being literally built from the grounds up as a TPP game. Fully-fledged FPP is too much of an undertaking, half-assed FPP would be of questionable value.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

only time your going to get first person here is if get sniper rifle and using the scope

That's actually not the case, you just zoom in - in cases where the character would still be visible but shouldn't, it just isn't drawn though effects like invisibility or certain cosmetics will persist regardless. Also the tracers notoriously appear on the side of the screen instead at the bottom as they should if it was the case.

A neat illusion, anyway.

2 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

That's actually not the case, you just zoom in - in cases where the character would still be visible but shouldn't, it just isn't drawn though effects like invisibility or certain cosmetics will persist regardless. Also the tracers notoriously appear on the side of the screen instead at the bottom as they should if it was the case.

A neat illusion, anyway.

its as close as you get

21 minutes ago, Nemro5 said:

but a lot of people like my friends will turn down the game just because its in third person.

The entire game is built as a third person experience. The necessary changes and fixes that would have to be implemented to have the game be usable in first person are unlikely to be worth a setting that is entirely non monetizable.

4 hours ago, Nemro5 said:

so is there a way to imploment a feature that lets you be in first person?

if you're willing to spend a fortune on paper bags that you'll inevitably be vomiting into the whole time, sure, we can have first person. If you want to know what first-person would be like in warframe, I suggest you throw yourself down a very big flight of stairs. not because I want you to get hurt, but because it's the closest you can get to what you want to experience.

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

How would you parkour onto a small ledge or awkward spot, if all you could see were your hands & weapon?

Think the game's movement system demands 3rd person perspective.

Well... Mirror's Edge, Titanfall, DOOM, and other games have done it...  Positioning isn't really hard to do in first person.  Like anything else, you get a feel for it.  In this game, I can be standing with a toe on a ledge.  In other games, one foot off the ledge means I slide over it.

Also, it's more a quality assurance thing than anything else.  They could slice up in the current Warframe and weapon models to work in a first person perspective, but it would look janky and incomplete (and they're actually not very pretty viewed up close.)  Actual movement and level layout wouldn't be suddenly horrible for a first person view.  Extra spacious and for some, nauseating (hence options!) but not horrible.  Generally speaking, a game built for the third person can work in the first person, but the reverse isn't true, since in third person games areas are built to leave space for the camera to hover behind the player model.  It's why all but the most claustrophobic halls are 5 grineer wide and 2.5 grineer tall.

Edited by Littleman88

what would be the point of first person?

1. you couldn't see your character

2. the game would be completely unplayable unless you just ran everywhere

3. the only time this would even be close to working is for operator, but even then could be buggy

4. if warframes don't have eyes, how are they supposed to see in first person?

Honestly, I don't see a use out of first person. Yes, I had been the same starting out, but I learned this game wouldn't work properly with it.This game has a similar chance of getting first person to waluigi being added to smash ultimate.

Just gonna throw this out here, in PUBG the popular method is to run around in TPP then and ONLY when ADS (zoom in) you would be in FPP. While ADS in warframe there are not many parkour options you can do while maintaining ADS so as soon as you break ADS you will be in TPP while doing 90% of the vomit inducing moves. I know this isn't pubg but a good feature is a good feature. I think its a shame the devs dont want to show off their fun gun models they have been making. I remember when the soma came out, and I loved watching the banana rise up and pop off when reloading. If its too much work then its too much work, I mean we got fishing in the game, anything is possible.

I have so many times where my character is taking up 75% of the screen, including directly in front of my crosshairs, and I can't aim as a result (both while ADSing and not ADSing).

I would LOVE an option for a Mirror's Edge style FPV mode option.

I'm not a huge fan of third person view to begin with, and after thinking about it I have realized that Warframe could be conducive to a hybrid perspective mode....

Imagine a camera setup that kept you in a third person view while doing parkour, perhaps making your character partially transparent, and while shooting or otherwise standing still, you smoothly zoom into a first person view.  Or, perhaps you get a "stabilized" first person view, where even though your character's body is spinning and flipping, your perspective stays mostly static.

As it is, the third person view feels a bit clunky for a modern game (compare it to MGS5, for instance), and could use some serious refinement after DE gets some breathing room post this Mainline Update and Fortuna.  I'm tired of staring at the back of my own head while trying to headshot a tiny-headed Grineer.

On 2018-10-02 at 7:54 AM, (XB1)Phantomhound465 said:

what would be the point of first person?

1. you couldn't see your character

2. the game would be completely unplayable unless you just ran everywhere

3. the only time this would even be close to working is for operator, but even then could be buggy

4. if warframes don't have eyes, how are they supposed to see in first person?

Honestly, I don't see a use out of first person. Yes, I had been the same starting out, but I learned this game wouldn't work properly with it.This game has a similar chance of getting first person to waluigi being added to smash ultimate.

1. yea thats the point... not seeing your charecter

2. you could just do what overwatch did with McCree 

3. may be true idk how 2 answer this one

4. yee don't need to make sense (is there a real camera for every warframe? u jump in squad and see ur teamates with cameras behind them? exactly)

On 2018-10-10 at 4:53 AM, GunRaptor9000 said:

I have so many times where my character is taking up 75% of the screen, including directly in front of my crosshairs, and I can't aim as a result (both while ADSing and not ADSing).

I would LOVE an option for a Mirror's Edge style FPV mode option.

I'm not a huge fan of third person view to begin with, and after thinking about it I have realized that Warframe could be conducive to a hybrid perspective mode....

Imagine a camera setup that kept you in a third person view while doing parkour, perhaps making your character partially transparent, and while shooting or otherwise standing still, you smoothly zoom into a first person view.  Or, perhaps you get a "stabilized" first person view, where even though your character's body is spinning and flipping, your perspective stays mostly static.

As it is, the third person view feels a bit clunky for a modern game (compare it to MGS5, for instance), and could use some serious refinement after DE gets some breathing room post this Mainline Update and Fortuna.  I'm tired of staring at the back of my own head while trying to headshot a tiny-headed Grineer.

exactly my point!