Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Archwing Gun are you most looking forward to using in Mission, and what for?

-QUILL_PETER-

The closest I got to using Archwing weapons in a normal mission was in one of those dead-end rooms on Uranus survival with water. I jump down, wait for Grineers to come and shoot them dead.

Anyway, I look forward to wearing the Hobbled Dragon Key (so that I walk real slow) and using my Imperator Vandal for maximum immersion :]

On 2018-10-02 at 1:32 AM, LupoDWolf said:

ahh.. kind missed something, what about archguns? will be usable on normal missions?

In a word...yes.

It was demoed during the last dev stream...well they showed some design footage of a frame carrying & using an archgun. Not sure when its actually going to happen...other than soon...

On 2018-10-01 at 4:43 PM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Grattler for life, but I wonder how a Radiation modded Velocitus would fare against an Eidolon.

was wondering about the use of Velocitus myself since it does seem like it would be a good gun for the hunts, and deffinately going to use a grattler on the pains to get even with the heavy gunners and just overall act like an anti air emplacement for the dargynsand the dropships. though i might make alot of use out of the imperator vandal as well and may even think about seeing if it makes the dual decurion into a fun weapon for maps (maybe they will do something about that attrocious recoil they have), hell im probably going to see about getting and trying out the other archwing guns on ground maps, and yes i plan on seeing how the fluctus will operate as well, good thing i got some forma during the last plaguestar, might need to farm more forma bp though for fortuna stuf as well.

On 2018-10-01 at 5:23 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's only one correct answer: Grattler. why would you not want to use an explosive machine gun? Tusk Heavy gunners have been flaunting them for a while, now we can do the same!

it does also present an opportunity for mroe Arch--weapons to be introduced and existing ones to be given upgraded variants. we also still don't have an actual Shotgun for Archwing (closest is the Corvas, but it fires Slugs.) a new massive Auto shotgun with multiple barrels, something like a mix between Hek and Kohm on steroids firing a massive spread from huge shells would hit the spot nicely.

would love to see this, hopefully its not a reskin though od the hek just resized to vay heks teraframe model.

Edited by Daskrieg

I prefer Velocitus because I can precisely one shot any grineer archwing unit (Including Ogma, but not Shield dargyn if shot them frontally) in the interception mission in Uranus. 

And I hope they can do the same too (One shot any grineer, regardless armor or whatever), when they actually can be used in a normal mission. 

Edited by PerfectCrime

On 2018-10-01 at 7:06 PM, BallisticSalsa said:

Fluctus.

Though vanilla imperator is going to be the future noob cannon of choice.

This can be adverted if they make it a requirement to complete a quest for use of arch wing missions in normal missions and it’s prerequisite is having completed the sacrifice. Maybe they play it into us needing more power to take down big sentients.

I don’t see those arch guns pulling good damage compared to regular weapons. And also rivens are a thing.

sure those weapons have crazy base stats, but terrible modding. Especially base damage and multi shot... I really don’t see those being the new meta. 

13 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

sure those weapons have crazy base stats, but terrible modding. Especially base damage and multi shot... I really don’t see those being the new meta

I am expecting a full arcwing rework/retooling before railjack drops.  As it will likely be needed for the new war/sentiant open world.  Also arch weapon Celine could be done like curent air suport charges

I guess it all depends on the conditions involved. I mean if I can just equip it in place of a primary weapon at the expense of say not having a secondary, or if it has the ammo mechanic of not needing ammo pick ups like during arch-wing missions then I might use them but I currently only have the imperator as I just can't be bothered to build the rest. If it is used instead of the landing craft support turret then I will probably never use it.

That said though probably the dual decurions. You might say it is a bad weapon but we are not shooting in space where we are shooting targets 600+ meters away if it sprays all over a room that is only 20 meters across it is bound to hit something.

Titania with dual decurions? Dex pixia meet Max Pixia