Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Elite Mods are... misnamed

-Kittens-

Sharpshooter (Sniper): +15 Energy on Headshot Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll

Cautious Shot (Unique): -90% Self Damage, -30% Total Damage

Power Donation (Aura): -30% Power Strength, +30% Power Strength for teammates

Vigorous Swap (Warframe): On Equip: +165% damage for 3s, +100% Holster Speed

Rolling Guard (Warframe): On Dodge: Become invulnerable for 3s and remove all Status Effects. 7s cooldown.

Adaptation (Warframe): When Damaged: +10% resistance to that D̴̤̉a̴̰̣̝͊͐ḿ̵̧̟̪͒a̸̹̋g̸̹̕͜e̸̙͝ Type for 20s. Stacks up to 90%

Unless Hexis is going to be level 10 and level 30, these mods are literally pointless, save for Adaption on a tank frame.

I wonder why they think any of those mods are gonna go in already absurdly congested slots, unless they're pretty cheap for starting builds, which would be beneficial for new players, but of course these are locked behind level 35 AND 70 content.

Adaption is p much the only one worth taking, and frames able to literally non-ability, non-proc straight up face tank by healthing or energy converting damage probably have better augment and synergy options.

These are all 'teaching mods' for gameplay introduction locked behind a skillwall where the player is going to have access to way better sh!+ to make a broken build with.

I actually would like to get the sharpshooter. I'm never able to always have energy I meed and I use snipers or other acurate thing often.

and also

4 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

So where did u get these mods concepts from?
I never heard a thing about these before.

it is in the newest anoucment on pc part, talking about mainline. he/she just copied the text from there. Zalgo text is the proof. it's there too

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

So where did u get these mods concepts from?
I never heard a thing about these before.

Read the thread Reb made a few hours ago.....’latest staff replies’ button in the bar above is there you know 

I can see myself using the first mod, especially since many players like ditching efficiency and going blind (rage) 

Personally, ill use the 2nd one from time to time, though I hope it’s for the kulstar too, because I rarely kill myself from primaries 

For the 3rd, I don’t get it....it seems too good, if everyone has it on, that’s 60% more strength, but of course there’s CP. I’d see some use for this, since people drool over strength, plus, it’ll make speedva faster while giving more strength to nukers, so I think it’ll be standard speedva aura for farming defense and such 

The 4th could also be used, especially when you have a primary and secondary that are basically similar, it sounds like a pretty decent mod 

Dodging isn’t even defined in the game, there’s a million ways to dodge attacks, and you end up dodge stuff that aren’t that hardhitting, so I don’t think this is a good mod imo....dodge itself is lifesaver so no need for invulnerablility phase, and you can use rapid resilience for status effects or an stance if there’s a sortie condition 

The last one is similar, only see it used in sortie conditions like slash and toxin, avoiding dmg is the better than tanking it 

Roll Guard is actually pretty good, allows for explosive weapons close range and synergizes with Limbo going out of rift for 3s of invul for banishing. 

Power Donation is good for Speed Nova and non-str based frames like Loki, Inaros and Nyx who can use these mods as support.

Vigorous Swap depends on whether you have the auto-reload holster mods or not to be effective.

Sharpshooter is gonna be nice for sniper fans too.

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

In theory: yes. But we will have to wait until this evening of this is true. Maybe it caps at 30% like slow caps at 75%

Good point, but I still see it as useful, mostly because I know some people would die for an extra 15% negative strength, plus it’s a good alternative to overextended. Ofc the latter is still the better choice, and both can be used to greater effect, but an alt is always good, and getting a corrupted mod can be a hassle, although we don’t know how easy the new mod can be acquired, and it also gives a good buff to your teammates, which can make clearing a defense wave even faster with Mesa/equinox/volt is around 

vor 48 Minuten schrieb GinKenshin:

Good point, but I still see it as useful, mostly because I know some people would die for an extra 15% negative strength, plus it’s a good alternative to overextended. Ofc the latter is still the better choice, and both can be used to greater effect, but an alt is always good, and getting a corrupted mod can be a hassle, although we don’t know how easy the new mod can be acquired, and it also gives a good buff to your teammates, which can make clearing a defense wave even faster with Mesa/equinox/volt is around 

personally i prefer neutral nova. i saw multiple ppl lie during the first few minutes of a game when i ran speed nova. in random teams when some ppl might lvl a frame its not really good to speed enemies up. in premade teams its surely neat, make it even faster and give allies some extra power strenght~

Sharpshooter, Power Donation, Vigorous Swap and Rolling Guard all have potential to be considered "required" mods on some builds. (Volt, Nova, Equinox, Limbo)

Adaption is meh unless more missions will have increased elemental, without increasing single shot damage by much.

Cautious Shot is a traingwheels mod, but even if it provided 100% damage reduction it would still not make the "end game" cut, and at 90% it still teaches players getting hit is bad.

Edited by trndr

Wont judge till i see em in game,  but im cautiously optimistic for all of them except the vigorous swap one since i rarely if ever swap during combat.  

Really looking forward to the power donation one though,  it'll be great  to replace something on my loki with

7 hours ago, trndr said:

Cautious Shot is a traingwheels mod, but even if it provided 100% damage reduction it would still not make the "end game" cut, and at 90% it still teaches players getting hit is bad.

Its a mod what can only save you if you havent put any damage mods into your explosives yet. Seriously the kulstar is meh on damage side but it is still able to obliterate an inaros. If we put in this mod we migh be able to survive as an inaros only.

13 hours ago, NekroArts said:

I have a friend that just loves Kulstar, he laughed so maniacally when I told him about this mod.

I have a dumb angstum riven so even with this mod i will down myself... alot, like allways :clem: b

On 2018-10-11 at 1:04 AM, Vali said:

Loki, Inaros and Nyx

If you think I'm gonna swap out Umbra mods on Inaros I have some beach front property on Mars for you as well; while this might work for Nyx, unless this is an 18 or better drain mod yeah, lol no on Loki.

The point isn't that the mods exist, the point is these are clearly tailored to players with open noforma'd slots and encourage beginning style play. These beginning style mods shaping mods are locked behind level 80 missions. If I'm breezing through level 80 content without breaking a sweat the chances of changing my already desiccated and starving slot selection are pretty much zero.

Since Steve has already announced more slots will available for warframes as soon as he passes from this life to the next, the chances of of seasoned builders on hyperoptimized builds for incorporation on anything other than gimmick builds is rather low.

Edited by -Kittens-

On 2018-10-11 at 3:45 AM, trndr said:

Volt,

No.

Nova,

For farming build only, one mod only.

Equinox

lol hell no

Limbo