Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do scrambas/combas even matter any more?

Hypernaut1

Ever since they were nerfed, I don't think I can remember an instance when they really even changed the battlefield or my mindless mowing down of enemies. They have a bit extra HP now, that's about it. They seem to take forever to activate their nullifying now, and they rarely last long enough to.

Has scrambas/combas posted a problem to anyone since they were nerfed? 

Edited by Hypernaut1

They were hardly a problem before they telegraphed powers. You already had a good chance they didn't effect you running into them. Their mobility and weapon was usually more effective. But it was so random if they did shut down the right power from around the corner and it was a bad surprise. 

Just another tool in the horde arsonal. And should be judged more on if they are a decent backup unit rather than it's solo target shortcomings. Like they should be more common now instead of being bursa rare.

45 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

They were hardly a problem before they telegraphed powers. You already had a good chance they didn't effect you running into them. Their mobility and weapon was usually more effective. But it was so random if they did shut down the right power from around the corner and it was a bad surprise. 

Just another tool in the horde arsonal. And should be judged more on if they are a decent backup unit rather than it's solo target shortcomings. Like they should be more common now instead of being bursa rare.

actually they almost always turned off every single ability when you entered near their area. And it was either an insta-shut down every ability or they knew what was the best comba/scrambus to spawn, it was a real pain.

They used to actually be an interesting enemy that (despite all the complaints that lead to their nerfs) were properly telegraphed to anyone who played with their sound turned on.

Now they're just less threatening Crewmen with large health pools. Interesting enemy turned into pointless bullet sponge. 👌

Edited by trst

30 minutes ago, trst said:

They used to actually be an interesting enemy that (despite all the complaints that lead to their nerfs) were properly telegraphed to anyone who played with their sound turned on.

Now they're just less threatening Crewmen with large health pools. Interesting enemy turned into pointless bullet sponge. 👌

They were easy to find too. They weren't too difficult, but definitely woke you up a bit when they showed up. As soon as you saw your map go on the fritz and heard the tell tale sound, your strategy changed from aim at anything and shoot to find the scrambas/comba and take out that annoying bastard... Then go back to shooting anything. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Scrambas and Combas were unfair to frames that needed to build up meters... *cough* Chroma, for instance.*Cough*  there was no telegraph early on and they weren't visible in the crowd aside from being slightly higher, and inside a mosh-pit of moving mooks that height really isn't too stand-outish.  All I wanted was just a huge 'shoot me' beacon to show up in the form of some flashy animation because in the middle of all the hecktic fighting having a Scrambas/Combas just show up like the un-nerfed grineer sniper enemy (Ballista?) and shut down any fun you were having without notice is rather... dull.

23 minutes ago, achromos said:

Scrambas and Combas were unfair to frames that needed to build up meters... *cough* Chroma, for instance.*Cough*  there was no telegraph early on and they weren't visible in the crowd aside from being slightly higher, and inside a mosh-pit of moving mooks that height really isn't too stand-outish.  All I wanted was just a huge 'shoot me' beacon to show up in the form of some flashy animation because in the middle of all the hecktic fighting having a Scrambas/Combas just show up like the un-nerfed grineer sniper enemy (Ballista?) and shut down any fun you were having without notice is rather... dull.

Some kind of visible Aura would have been nice too, like a nullifier. If they disabled abilities I needed, then playing as Limbo, dealing with them was a pain in the ass because not only was finding them difficult, I couldn't even see where was safe.

I agree they were probably over-nerfed, but I feel like they're closer to the ideal now.

11 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

The only threatening variant is the one which mess up your UI. The rest only shut down certain abilities of yours and while it's annoying normally doesn't result in immediate demise. So they're always less troublesome than Bombard/Napalm and Nulls to me.

This game has a near 0 failure rate. I don't see how people are acting like it meant instant mission fail when they showed up. At worse they were an inconvenience that needed to be dealt with. Now they're just target practice, that you only may notice do something different from the tons of other fodder if you feel asleep at the keyboard.

they only really pose a threat at a distance if they shoot first, as their guns are quite powerful. thing is, only 2 types of Comba/Scrambus units have guns; the ones with the Lecta have to charge you (and we all know how that song and dance goes, just ask one of the billions of Butchers that tries the same thing), and the ones that make a shield just stand there and are super easy to flank, plus their shield doesn't protect them against certain projectiles. oh, and I almost forgot, you can just shoot their helmet off to cancel their bubble.

it is better that they can show where their nullifying fields are, nobody should just have their powers randomly shut off, and you can't always avoid the bubble at close quarters, so they still have some effect. they don't pose a problem to me anymore, but bear in mind that I have quite a few hours in the game; a newer player might still be having to actually try to kill those dudes.