Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the Eidolons count as "sentients" ?

Bombarder0

5 minutes ago, Brandt1 said:

There are more, but this is enough to show you that it can be done.

not gonna lie, I doubt I'm the only person that wouldn't mind DE adding in a way to hunt Eidolons without using guns. even if it meant having to be uber-precise with cuts and/or employing entirely new mechanics, I would love to be able go full Monster Hunter on an Eidolon and kill it with nothing more than a big-a$$ Sword. i hope that we get something like this as an option for fortuna's Spiderbots. I know it might not be for everyone, but come on.. wouldn't you like to say you did a tridolon capture with Sword Alone? tenno are supposed to be that good with blades, i just wish we could live up to that reputation.

id love if the paracesis made a tiny bit more sense in eidolon fights.  Not easy task doing that and not making the weapon mandatory for recruit channel groups.

I can just hope the weapon will make more sense with the upcoming quest, that will be extremely hard if you dont bring the Sentient Slayer with you.
I dont think there will be a whole system where the weapon will be a mandatory choice... that'd be just bad design. But just for a quest? im fine with that

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not gonna lie, I doubt I'm the only person that wouldn't mind DE adding in a way to hunt Eidolons without using guns. even if it meant having to be uber-precise with cuts and/or employing entirely new mechanics, I would love to be able go full Monster Hunter on an Eidolon and kill it with nothing more than a big-a$$ Sword. i hope that we get something like this as an option for fortuna's Spiderbots. I know it might not be for everyone, but come on.. wouldn't you like to say you did a tridolon capture with Sword Alone? tenno are supposed to be that good with blades, i just wish we could live up to that reputation.

Might be more viable with Melee 3.0 where you can do air combos 

Hitting weakspots with melee is always going to be inconsistent though so I doubt it.