Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vallis Spelunker... Bugged?

Exterminator

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Cloverdew said:

Try to explore caves when you are not a host. My achievement was also broken and stuck at 27/30, but today i'd asked my friend to host orb vallis and i revisit all caves and got that achievement.

This is somewhat right, been trying this. Went from 26/30 to 29/30, still missing one. But I think you only pop ones that are unexpored for them and not counted for you. The one I had luck with had some explored and some not, went through all 30 and only 3 popped at places that were unexplored for them.

23 минуты назад, thewhalechan сказал:

This is somewhat right, been trying this. Went from 26/30 to 29/30, still missing one. But I think you only pop ones that are unexpored for them and not counted for you. The one I had luck with had some explored and some not, went through all 30 and only 3 popped at places that were unexplored for them.

The method works 100%. Even if caves are open at other host they are counted. Just in some caves the script offset of the cave is not at the beginning and a little further. It is better to pass all 30 caves from the beginning to the end.

I've explored 0 caves, but on my way back to Fortuna after some bounties I got 2/30 when I went past an entrance. It seems the triggers for the achievement might be misplaced for some reason so running outside of the caves might be worth a try too.

11 hours ago, -rodion2018- said:

The method works 100%. Even if caves are open at other host they are counted. Just in some caves the script offset of the cave is not at the beginning and a little further. It is better to pass all 30 caves from the beginning to the end.

Did that a couple of times now, no dice. Stuck on 29/30 and no amount of exploration helps at this point.

Edit: Joining a host that had little to no caves unlocked and rerunning them popped at last. But it was indeed one he had not visited before (was the one most bottom left).

Edited by thewhalechan

• 2 weeks later...

The Bug has also transferred over to the console version of the update. But in my personal case I know the reason. In one of my first runs on Vallis I discovered 4 caves near the Fortuna Entrance but then my game crashed. Upon restarting the 4 caves were still marked on my map but the challenge had reset back to zero and them 4 caves no longer count towards the 30

On 2018-12-14 at 4:10 AM, (PS4)KJamz said:

The Bug has also transferred over to the console version of the update. But in my personal case I know the reason. In one of my first runs on Vallis I discovered 4 caves near the Fortuna Entrance but then my game crashed. Upon restarting the 4 caves were still marked on my map but the challenge had reset back to zero and them 4 caves no longer count towards the 30

This same exact thing happened to me, tried to revist all of them again and now my achievement dropped from 93% from before it crashed to 66% now and I have visited all 30 caves

Still bugged on PS4.  I tested yesterday and spent an hour revisiting all the caves in a solo instance.  The markings don't mean anything, as you can get them without entering a cave.  However, all mine are marked and I entered and exited from each entrance yesterday.  I used the map here https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/9wi4s4/the_vallis_spelunker_achievementchallenge_isnt/#ampf=undefined .  I'm still stuck at 29/30.  I thought this could maybe be fixed by altering the scripting so that unvisited caves don't show on the map, but after I spent the time yesterday to re enter them all, I realized it would not have helped.  

Hopefully this will be fixed in a soon ish update.  It's a minor annoyance in an otherwise great release.

It was 29/30 for me for a while, then one day I joined random session and stopped by a known cave for Toroid and got that achievement I earned long ago. (not sure either the one with gondola or the water pump) So likely solution would be to visit all the caves as a client.

Broken for me. Went into every cave as both client and host. I was even a client of a new Fortuna account which only had one cave found, which is one of the ones that is found easily due to the story mission. These types of bugs make games unplayable to me as a completionist. Please fix asap.

There are several post in the forum regarding this same subject...
Some with more than 2 months...
Several with a significant number of replys!
What is missing to do, so that someone in the development, know what is happening and take some action on this problem?!?