Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do YOU spend your standing?

(PSN)Lazy_Laziel

Question

With Fortuna hitting the consoles in about... 38 hours I got to wondering, how do people spend their standing when new stuff hits?

Assuming MR15, that gives you 16.000 standing you can earn a day. Do you aim straight for the top and only spend ranking on stuff you have to have to get to the next rank? Or do you take it slow and buy most/everything at each rank before moving on to the next?

13 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Lazy_Laziel said:

With Fortuna hitting the consoles in about... 38 hours I got to wondering, how do people spend their standing when new stuff hits?

Assuming MR15, that gives you 16.000 standing you can earn a day. Do you aim straight for the top and only spend ranking on stuff you have to have to get to the next rank? Or do you take it slow and buy most/everything at each rank before moving on to the next?

Bountys .. Ticker thats so far for me the fastest way to do standings and getting resources at the same time

Only when you are borred at some point i would reccomend fishing mining .. it will give you some amount of standings when you hand it over to the right vender

but learn first with low rank bountys so you know the system a bit better .. don't worry to much if you don't succeed in the first place ..

things cost time

and buying stuff randomly would be the best thing to spend standings .. but in small amounts ofc .. Rewards that you get from ranking up factions will give you at some point an better reward than you should buy .. so take the rewards in an smart way .. what do you need the most and has piority

-- Ps excuses for a bit confusing english here .. its late :angel:

In the least useful ways possible!

Aside from paying the rank up tax I spent my rep on avoiding bounties. If all I did was bounties for rep I would get bored of Fortuna pretty quickly, so when I could afford it I bought the mining tool and first fishing taser {then the second one) which are both effective ways to level rep with Fortuna but don't actually require you do much.

If I had not spent rep on things I would have got to max already just from not spending rep. I love my kit gun but since the parts are spread out over all the ranks I bought the blue prints as I went along, same thing with moas and garuda the blue prints you need/want meant that by the time I had them all I hand hundreds of alloys made before I could cut the gems as I bought the alloy and gem recipes as soon as I could rather then saving the rep to rank up.

Floofs will be the bane of me as the tranq gun and lures took bites out of savings, yes they earned back what they cost but since the last one requires the last rank it would have made more sense to wait till I got them to that rank and then bought them.

I just wait until I reach max rank. I buy the essentials, like the mining BPs that you need for crafting and that's pretty much it. the rest is just accessories....oh an get the fishing spear, you don't even need baits. well, the latter baits that is 

fortuna is actually very fun and easy to get standing for, DE really didn't get enough praise for how they improved the economy this time........maybe that's because they didn't change a thing about cetus' economy >___> 

13 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I just wait until I reach max rank. I buy the essentials, like the mining BPs that you need for crafting and that's pretty much it. the rest is just accessories....oh an get the fishing spear, you don't even need baits. well, the latter baits that is 

fortuna is actually very fun and easy to get standing for, DE really didn't get enough praise for how they improved the economy this time........maybe that's because they didn't change a thing about cetus' economy >___> 

Same,  main focus is to rank up with the factions.   Some stuff is rank restricted so its a waste to worry about buying stuff at low ranks.   However...  I doubt this will happen but if I already built up the standing to rank up but was just waiting around on whatever extra item it needs and it might take awhile I might go ahead and grab something else.   On cetus I used ranking up to get free equipment.  Fishing spears and mining lasers were mostly free while I climbed the ranks.    BP's and Zaws came after.   

But im in no rush to buy everything from Fortuna.  It will probably take a nightmarish long time to solo collect dojo paint from there like it has been from PoE.  Im still working on PoE paint....  

Buy as little as possible, just get the mining laser and fishing spear, try to plan what item you want for free when you reach the next rank (I picked mostly the gem/alloy BPs and chose the captura for the last one since it's the most expensive item)

How you should spend your points depends on what you want to do.

If you want to craft Garuda as quickly as possible, you're going to need Rank 4 with Solaris United and to buy/choose certain blueprints on rank up.

Rank 4 requires 141,000 total standing to get to and you'll need to spend another 4500 in items/blueprints.  You'll also need to shell out 2500 for the Sunpoint Plasma Drill, 1000 for the Travocyte Alloy, 1000 for the Axidrol Alloy, choose Vernerdo Alloy as your rank 1 freebie, choose Star Amarast as your rank 2 freebie, choose Radiant Zodian as your rank 3 freebie, and choose Marquise Thyst as your rank 4 freebie.

You'll also need 35 Training Debt Bonds, 42 Shelter Debt Bonds, 23 Medical Debt Bonds, and 13 Advances Debt Bonds to level up to Rank 4.

Edited by VGPowerlord

When something first hits, like fortuna, I spent only points on necessary items that would aid in getting points - shock spear, first lure, mining tool, NO bait. With each level gained I did the same thing, the next lure, the next spear (when I reached it) etc. Everything else can wait. You can catch ALL the fish without bait if you find the right spots, so none of that is necessary to begin with.. waste your points on it later.

*I should add - most of my points came from conservation (8k for 1 perfect kubrodon, yes please). Fishing is best used for dismantling them tbh, unless you're catching the rarer ones. Mining is also a viable way to get standing at a decent rate. If you don't enjoy bounties that is.

Edited by Zanchak
cause animoo catching

14 hours ago, (PS4)Lazy_Laziel said:

Not at all. It was a straight shot to Old Mate. 

After that, kitguns...and I'm still deciding what's next. Probably the MOAs, though I find them rather irritating. 

The one thing I did pick up right away was the mining laser. I bought that with bonds first thing just because I knew it was going to be necessary for about everything else going forward. 

There could be a 'resource sink' for standing.

I maxed out my Ostron standing ages ago and have nothing to spend it on, would be good if pre-built Forma could be bought for, say 50k or even 100k standing, much better than your excess standing disappearing in the void and a lot slower than farming it in the Plague Star event.

Since you need to farm for lenses, chances are you're going to have some excess standing.

Fortuna could have a similar rep sink.

Get the extrection tools first

the mining laser, the fishing spear and the lures and tranquilizer should be bought as soon as you can. 

The lures are most bang for the buck. 

Spear is essential as you will need lots of fish parts. 

Mining laser for same reason as spear. 

Then it's up to you,

You can build the kitguns and Moas in between faction promotions (moa is suggested as there is no need to get the high value parts other than aesthetics, as the stat difference is minor) 

Pick the most expensive upgrade gift when Levelling up. 

When you reach the top get the arcanes and make kitguns as per your preference, buy baits and gem and ore blueprints as per need. 

The least useful are the sentinel weapons. 

A word of advice: horde your medical debt bonds.  This was a huge bottleneck and there were a lot of threads on here about them basically being the rarest drop in the game.  They’re supposed to have been fixed but I still see that I have way more of any other type except the medical bonds.  You need them to level up rank.