Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Need An Opt Out For Stalker Mode?

BloodKitten

1 minute ago, Aramil999 said:

@DatDarkOne I state as fact that most players have almost never seen this forum.

Something known as "public opinion on conclave" is very VERY bad as any measure about how people think about implementing PvP into PvE mode. 

My opinion on that is:

if DE creats good, balanced, troll free (at least hard to troll), hacker free PvP+PvE mode with good rewards, there will be a LOT of players who would enjoy the hell out of it.

That's still conjecture with no proof or data to back it up, especially when DEs metrics show that the majority of players do not care about or play PvP.

2 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

@DatDarkOne I state as fact that most players have almost never seen this forum.

Something known as "public opinion on conclave" is very VERY bad as any measure about how people think about implementing PvP into PvE mode. 

My opinion on that is:

if DE creats good, balanced, troll free (at least hard to troll), hacker free PvP+PvE mode with good rewards, there will be a LOT of players who would enjoy the hell out of it.

And what does any of what you said in this post does to answer this simple question to which you've avoided twice now. .  What benefit do I as a solo player in solo mode get for being forced into having someone invade my game as the Stalker?  

4 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

My opinion on that is:

If most people are not present either way, then why have you been proceeding on the assumption that a majority of those who are, again, not present, would be agreeing with you?

This entire thread has been an exercise in “The lurkers support me via Private Message!” except the lurkers are not even here, and proportionally, you’re receiving a lot of pushback.

On 2018-12-04 at 4:42 AM, Eisdschungel said:

Coz forcing pvp on People is such a Good idea

its not exactly pvp in normal sense people dont get to keep thier over powered weapons and mods.  they get exactly same loadout the current stalker has.  so its not really any harder loadout wise than npc stalker.  the only difference is the unpredictability in movement

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If most people are not present either way, then why have you been proceeding on the assumption that a majority of those who are, again, not present, would be agreeing with you?

This entire thread has been an exercise in “The lurkers support me via Private Message!” except the lurkers are not even here, and proportionally, you’re receiving a lot of pushback.

the percentage of people that play warframe that want pvp make up like 5% if that of the total playerbase.  of even them almost all given up on conclave as no one ever plays it as it is unwanted mode.  over past year I have out of curriosity entered conclaive 1500 times and kept a log of it.  the number of times i saw another player was a grand total of 1 time.  by anyones math 1/1500 equals a dead game mode

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

the percentage of people that play warframe that want pvp make up like 5% if that of the total playerbase.  of even them almost all given up on conclave as no one ever plays it as it is unwanted mode.  over past year I have out of curriosity entered conclaive 1500 times and kept a log of it.  the number of times i saw another player was a grand total of 1 time.  by anyones math 1/1500 equals a dead game mode

OMG!  What is this.  A statement with hard data to support it.  I never thought I would see this today in this topic.  Thank you for restoring my hope in humanity.  

P.S.  I'm dead serious. 

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

OMG!  What is this.  A statement with hard data to support it.  I never thought I would see this today in this topic.  Thank you for restoring my hope in humanity.  

P.S.  I'm dead serious. 

Technically its not hard data, its anecdotal, but the sentiment has been recurring in many of the conclave threads on these forums as far as I can see, which too, is anecdotal not hard.

The only ones with hard data in this case would be DE or a group willing to take surveys of players as to their opinion, and if it is anything like the thread I foresee a similar outcome.

1 hour ago, Aramil999 said:

Adding new and fresh PvP+PvE mode will most likely be good for game as whole even if that would be small side addition in corner of starchart.

Have you ever played The Division? The company's attempt at PvE + PvP in the Dark Zone is one of the most "divisive" game modes I've ever seen, and it's (arguably) most likely the single most prominent reason for the mass exodus of more than 90% of the game's playerbase. I'm sure DE would not want to implement such a game mode...

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Technically its not hard data, its anecdotal, but the sentiment has been recurring in many of the conclave threads on these forums as far as I can see, which too, is anecdotal not hard.

True, but it's way more than OP has been giving us to support his own argument.  

3 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I'm actually more surprised that exterminate missions have a higher percentage than defense...

I'm not overly surprised, exterminates are fast with the right meta frame.  It was my brothers main farm years ago with his Ember Prime. 

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Over one weekend two years ago.

I didn't see a date on it. 

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Junctions are actually required and have rewards.

True, but junctions you do them once and never come back. The fact that a game mode that players can do over and over is so unpopular is very revealing.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I didn't see a date on it. 

According to this reddit post from September 26, 2016, it's what the game's average weekend looked like back then...

By the way, that percentage calculates out to about 1 player in pvp for every 100 players doing everything else just as a note, even if the data is two years older, there have been no major PvP updates, so it would be safe to say that the number might be even smaller now.

23 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Over one weekend two years ago. It could be less now.

True, could be more though.  How many PvP events have we had since then?  (I genuinly don't know)

Plus, I am interested in knowing how much of that stat is conclave and the dojo.  Those are two different styles of PvP. 

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

By the way, that percentage calculates out to about 1 player in pvp for every 100 players doing everything else just as a note, even if the data is two years older, there have been no major PvP updates, so it would be safe to say that the number might be even smaller now.

Where are you getting your player base numbers from?