Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Cleanse to Polarize

Grave.Knight

2 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

????

Are there not frames that are better for purging status or healing like I dunno Oberon??? Hello?

For reals.

Yes, Oberon who already has a bunch of things he can do. Oberon who can heal, who can CC, who can create a carpet of radiation. Versus Mag who can do CC and kind of do support but her support isn't that helpful in the long run since there are so many things that can ignore shields. My point is to buff Mag to have some more viability.

Justify Mag being able to remove status effects. What @Fishyflakes said is quite relevant. If you bring an ill-fitted frame to a mission, the solution is not to make that frame into something it isn't.

Should Volt strip status effects?

The frame you pick is as much a part of your loadout for a mission as your weapons and companions.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Justify Mag being able to remove status effects. What @Fishyflakes said is quite relevant. If you bring an ill-fitted frame to a mission, the solution is not to make that frame into something it isn't.

Should Volt strip status effects?

The frame you pick is as much a part of your loadout for a mission as your weapons and companions.

Okay, what is Mag suited for exactly? Cause as it stands Corpus deal bonus damage to Shields, Infested have a lot of toxin damage units, and Grineer have a lot of slash damage units. Is her job to be ill suited at everything?

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is not a problem with mag. it is a problem with the damage system, and shielding. shields should block all status effects until they are broken imo. might actually make shields worth something on low hp frames.

advice: spec HP, or use rapid resilience, or use both.

Yeah, but everyone will be salty with their viral + hunter munition build is not working

13 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Yeah, but everyone will be salty with their viral + hunter munition build is not working

imo the 3 most rancid things about warframes damage system is Toxin, Viral, slash. if we can get better shield defenses at the cost of not being able to absolutely bypass enemy defenses, its a step in the right direction.

This could easily work as Mag's passive, but really, frames shouldn't take shield-ignoring damage. I would be curious to know if DE prefers the current system or if there simply hasn't been consideration for changing it. I find it frustrating the themed damage system appears to be considered more important than a consistent player experience and meaningful variation in how different kits defend themselves.

3 hours ago, Elementalos said:

if a frame is ill-fitted to most content then yes, the solution is absolutely to change something.

If your frame is dying in sortie 3 then you need to equip Adaptation, Arcane Guardian, and Vitality.

You don't need to give Trinity an Exalted weapon because she can't kill enemies 🙄

5 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Alright so you admit you are unprepared for Sortie 3? For reals man.

There are solutions in the game already for your problems :thinking:

So I need end game stuff to do near end game stuff but to do that I have to get to end game by first acquiring end game stuff to do end game stuff. You do see the fallacy, right?

Or you suggesting that people pay for plat to get the end game stuff to do end game stuff.

Also, just so you know, I can do Sortie 3, just not with Mag. Which is the point of this thread, wanting a buff to Mag so she can do end game stuff.

why does everyone think the only way to get plat is to pay.  Grind for prime parts and sell them, yeah sometimes they dont sell or dont sell for much but some of them do and it doesnt require endgame gear.  There are other ways like riven collecting, rolling, then re-selling for a profit or flip rivens instead. 

Just because you can't do it, doesnt mean its the game's fault.

10 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

If your frame is dying in sortie 3 then you need to equip Adaptation, Arcane Guardian, and Vitality.

I don't even need those 3 to not die on Sortie 3, even on Toxin Sortie III.

Just need to play properly and pay attention, along with use a damage reduction frame, TBH.

1 hour ago, Mifune013 said:

So I need end game stuff to do near end game stuff but to do that I have to get to end game by first acquiring end game stuff to do end game stuff. You do see the fallacy, right?

Or you suggesting that people pay for plat to get the end game stuff to do end game stuff.

Also, just so you know, I can do Sortie 3, just not with Mag. Which is the point of this thread, wanting a buff to Mag so she can do end game stuff.

My guy, you are bringing a knife to a gun fight and asking for a knife buff.

I dunno what else to say to you. There are anti-slash arcanes if you can't get Adaptation.
You can make a Melee-Mag build and just Life Strike everything.

Maybe Forma a bunch of times and stick Umbral Vitality and Fiber on her?

There are even Operator Arcanes that will heal your Warframe if she's low.
Even the Vazarin tree will let you heal your frame and give them invuln for a few seconds.

Play Mag while your friend plays Oberon, Trinity, or Harrow?

There are quite a few options other than the ones I listed earlier. Do I really need to go on though?
This thread is never going to get any more traction unless you elaborate on what will happen to Mag's current augment that CC's anyway.

Good luck with that though and happy hunting :angel:

7 hours ago, (PS4)lockonstratos38 said:

Don't know exactly how mag works but couldn't polarize become a charge that drains enemy shields in an area, then release a aoe attack depending on how much shields were drained 

It kind of does. Rather it deals damage to shields and armor and sends that out as extra damage while also replenishing shields.