Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the quest giver agent?

Toppien

Because if the host drops, and it cancels the group and glitches, then everyone loses their loot, even if they completed the bounty. The networking is too broken to actually do what you're suggesting reliably.

Edited by Quait

hace 4 minutos, Quait dijo:

Because if the host drops, and it cancels the group and glitches, then everyone loses their loot, even if they completed the bounty. The networking is too broken to actually do what you're suggesting reliably.

hace 2 minutos, Rawbeard dijo:

people want to save their progress.PoE did a lot of damage to player's trust

do you know progress now saves from completing bounties right? RIGHT?

hace 4 minutos, Quait dijo:

I'm not gonna test that. ?

but it works... if you have too much lag i guess, but at that point if you stay in group like that then its your own fault if progress doesnt save

Edited by Toppien

24 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

people want to save their progress.PoE did a lot of damage to player's trust

You do realize we've always had our progress saved upon bounty step completion, right? You speak for no one but yourself.

Edited by Sitchrea

Just now, Teliko_Freedman said:

Returning to Fortuna also resets your revives.

And respawns your sentinel/pet/moa, and refills your ammo. 

Also worth noting is that standing doesn't stack like xp for MR, so if you reach whatever amount you need to progress to next rank, you need to check in to make it reset for next rank progress, or else you're wasting time.

There are many reasons:

- Firstly I like to return to Fortuna because I want to see if I have gained reputation to x thing and how much I have left or if I will buy something else instead.

- Secondly I like variety and that means variety in team comp, player styles and personalities, I usually change my own loadout as well while in Fortuna.

- Lastly I do think the mechanic was executed decently but not fully thought out. Yes you can get new bounties but lets be honest here, how many will utilize the concept unless they play with their friends. My initial thought was that you could actually capture and own outposts in Fortuna and you would have to defend them occasionally and they would be very specific (limit how much you could own or only some fixed outposts only) and that this would provide fluid continuum, but alas that is not the case and so for the most part you either go to the one right outside of Fortuna or you capture an outpost again. Capturing an outpost takes more time than going back to Fortuna, getting a bounty and going back out there, and going for the agent outside of Fortuna you might as well go and get a refill because the time differential index is so small either way.

7 hours ago, Toppien said:

do you know progress now saves from completing bounties right? RIGHT?

6 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

You do realize we've always had our progress saved upon bounty step completion, right? You speak for no one but yourself.

you do realize that is not the point? the point is people crashed out, their last mission result told them "nope, nothing" and they often had no way to confirm if their inventory got updated, or not? hence it's a trust issue.

Uh, just an anecdotal bit to help those who don't understand. 

Last night I jumped into a pub, I was in second, but by the time I got to the first objective (kill x number of Corpus, bonus if done with 4 mins on the clock), we couldn't get the bonus. Players 3&4 joined shortly after me and we scraped it out. 

The next bounty was protect the drone, took forever, because the enemies weren't spawning in. We'd get a few, then nothing. The next mission was an ambush... Again almost no enemies.... Next up was the crates, but not only were there no enemies, but the crates didn't spawn in. 

All of those are supposed to happen. We should be able to count on them, happening, just like saving progress. They didn't. So... 

personally I like it, and use it, but another reason to go back to Fortuna is if you want a harder bounty: agents only give bounties of the same difficulty as the one you took in the first place, so say I finish a T3 bounty and decide I want to do a T5, I have no choice but to go back to Fortuna. and if I'm trying to farm Rep I'm gonna do harder bounties as well as easier ones. this could be remedied if the agents possessed both a series of new bounties as they currently do, as well as offering all the other bounties in Fortuna at the same time. then players have the choice as to whether they want to keep at the same level, or ramp up the rewards and difficulty immediately with something harder.

also, capturing camps is bugged; I've tried taking the Grow Site as a camp twice now, and both times it glitched so that the datamass never finishes. it works on other camps like Central Maintenance, but I want to own the golden Cabbage farm, no golden cabbages 0/10 IGN. pls fix DE.