Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #121 - Happy Holidays!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, Etzu said:

What about you just beeing habppy of what you have, and be happy to have a new devstream instead of just listing verything that is still todo ?

I bet you will either be happy being new to warframe or experience everything it has to offer because it is just that good and enjoyable that you want improvements to it. I personally want to know if the 'inviting people to our ship' bug(s) will be addressed since the chimera update was introduced. so many people visited my ship only to tell me the door(s) are locked aka not opening and my operator floating without the transference station

1. Where is the Melee 3.0 dev workshop? There should be no need to add WIP stats or anything like that, but you guys should at the very least have a concrete idea of mechanical changes to be implemented:

What are the implications of instant weapon switching?

Have you considered that a forward movement combo will disproportionately bias combo use away from the stationary combo?

Have you considered negating stance polarities? What is the gameplay benefit of restricting stance choice via polarity?

What is happening with channeling?

How are you handling combo-based mods like Blood Rush?

Will you finally make the combo meter viable at base duration?

How much time will the community have to give feedback on proposed changes before designs are final?

Will you continue to support Melee 3.0 post-release, or will you abandon it for months to work on the next hype train as you have with so many other features?

2. Have you noticed that your AI goes into conniptions when dealing with changes in elevation, which is likely to make your planned Jupiter tiles a pain to fight in? Have you thought about how melee will be affected by these mostly-vertical tiles?

3. Are we ever going to see properly detailed documentation of game mechanics accessible in-game, or are we going to continue requiring use of an player-managed wiki? Is there any hope of linking this documentation to actual game data so that values update automatically with each patch?

If these questions come across as overly confrontational, I apologize... But I also hope it underscores the frustration I feel with actual issues repeatedly getting swept under the rug in favor of gushing over whatever hype-related flavor-of-the-month is relevant. By the time Fortuna dropped I was long since tired of hearing repeat information about K-drives and still starved for information regarding substantive changes like Melee 3.0 and how you planned to approach the SU grind.

Now to just sit back and wait for the obligatory variations on "Soon(tm)" answers to "x feature when?" assuming any questions from this thread are answered at all.

Dear all, 

I am one of the people who really love your game and you company for what you did over the year and I really want to see this game get more fame and success. I am not saying you are but look at 2019 you got a good competition (division 2, Anthem) both these games are looter shooter and they both have some good quality that can surpass your game. To keep competing with them and be on top some quest i deas might change to make the game much better and attract more people who likes challenge and play different modes. 

First ( Capture) 

capture missions are the easiest missions in thegame, before when your game first started capture mission were a little bit challenging abd fun to play but now it is really easy and the only point of doing it to get easy loot which takes off all the fun from that mode. I know you are trying to satisfy everyone ( a new player and veteran) so I have a solution for that in the end of the post. 

One of the ideas is to make the captured target more challenging and complex, hard to kill, also add body guards to defend him and make it even more challenging. 

Second idea is make it hard to capture but no one target make it more. Now lets say I am playing solo, the map has two targets once one get alarmed the other one also starts to run to basically it will be time rush mission which make it more challenging and more fun. 

Final idea is to make the captured target a boss fight, cause boss fights in the game are pretty easy and they are not fun to visit, unless if you give them a reason too and thats by making it a hard target l, harder to kill and more advanced. 

All these Ideas can attract more people who likes to play different modes and loves a challenge other than ( survival, defense). 

Second ( rescue) 

I love rescue mission and I use to play then a lot because they are fun with all the hacking and lazers and time to save the hostages, but once you know the way it becomes boring and no reason to play it. 

First idea to make it more fun is by making it hard, how? Adding more lazers , more sensors, more enemies sourding the hostages. That why will make us players to think and plan a strategy to make a move and save a hostage, better than just rushing it and get out with any effort. 

Second idea add more hostages, and that will make it challenging because you have to protect more hostages. 

Finally, you already have that idea but it is only in one place unfortunately. In the plains one of the bounty you have to save a hostage and once you got cought his/her coller have a short timer and then explode. I loved when you did this part because it is fun. Now imagine adding it to the regular rescue mission, once you unlock the door for the hostage, you will see the hostage have a coller on him, if the enemy spotted you the coller will have a short timer abd you have to deactivated every time they spot you. Can you imagine how hard, challenging, and fun is that. 

Third ( sabotage) 

one of my favorite missions when my rank was 3 or less, because it is fun, basically you are destroying a territory of an enemy. However, it needs some rework to make it more fun. It is only one idea but it will help a lot. Once you destroy the power supply or the engine, and the ship starts to fall or the facility here what will spice it up. I know that you put fire and somtimes ice, but imagine if you put explosives and things starts to explode in your way effecting your health and sheild, lights start to cut off, if it was freezing your mobility and your sheild start dropping and it becomes more hard to move. With all that having a timer before the ship or facility explode, so you have to get out on time with all the explosions and things happening. Also, some ships have gas so it might poison the air and make it hard to see but it will make people jump into it more fun who has a better timing to leave and stuff like that. 

Fourth (spy) 

spy missions are fun and challenging the only thing that I can ask is adding more varieties to the mission, more difficulty. Just like kuva palace spy missions those are amazing. 

survival and defense they are good for now because they are the most visited modes so no need for now. 

Now, I know you are saying that I am asking a lot and these are complex missions and challenging for new players and they probably will hate the game and leave and ou dont want that. So here is the solution. I brought division because I like one system they have which is world tiers. You reach a level you can change to a new world tier with higher difficulty and more challenging missions. So keep all your missions they same for world tier 1, and make world teir 2 for the people who wants challenging missions like I stated above. In that case you will balance between veterans and new players. Because veterans wants something new, tough, hard, and fun to come back to the game. While new player learning the game and be ready to enter a new world of challenging. 

I know your question is how to identfy when they can switch to a different world? You have a ranking system. In my opinion the best way to open world tier 2 is between rank 10 and 14. Cause most of the powerful weapons are opened by now and also you can equip ravens modes. 

I can call above end game content if you done this. But some people will disagree with me. What they one is raids. I know you had trials before and it went in maintenance mode, these kind of missions are fun and needs more thinking and strategy to achieve so I hope it will return one day. 

( PvP) 

I know warframe is not good with pvp modes and not a lot of players playing it but you can chabge that easily. By making it pvp pve, you already have a system called invasion which you support grinner or corpus , now imagine if you put teams of 10 each one chose a side and they capture places with npc player in the plains or fortuna. Just think about how massive and addicting can be. Also removing jamping around or limit the jumbs will help the pvp mode and raise it up because it will be fun to play it. 

Last thing

open world, fortuna is an amazing place to visit even the plains ( caves) but the problem it is empty I know you are working on ift but I can see that you left plains and now focusing more on fortuna and later another open world opens and same thing happens. If you want to attract people to play in these lands and not just farming, add more events each week an event happening, put missions in the caves, make places full with npc bases and stuff. You guys have the ablilty to do all of these and I know you can. 

I always write short stuff to other companies, but because I love warframe so much I want it to succeed be a good example for all companies. So if you are reading this thank you and keep up the good work

best regards 

ZoooZ 

2 hours ago, Lored said:

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

Any news:

• "Kingpin" system;
  • Thumper Bot from 105 and 106 devstreams;
  • Any chance to PoE grinding changes;
  • Pets 2.0;
  • Cephalon Samodeus lore or something(some fragments across world like kuria with some stories) with it;
  • Companion/pets commands system;
  • Any warframe add in Arbitrations droplist;
  • Old quests replay;
  • Limbo deluxe;
  • Seasonal events (winter event?);
  • Reveal Fortuna items in profile (MOA's still hidden);
  • Wukong rework (or mb not? he's ok).

How about: 

• New archwing & arch-weapons;
  • Arch-guns Rivens;
  • New Landing Craft ship;
  • New mechanics with Helminth Infirmary room;
    • Infested Kavat;
  • New Kavat type (2 kavats vs 5 kubrows + helminth, unfair);
  • New Venus Kubrow type(Kubrodons);
  • MOA (Venari mb?) mod sets;
  • New MOA unique mods;
  • Chesa Retrieve rework (since Fetch ingame, Chesa useless)
  • Status mods like Rifle Aptitude rework;
  • Sentinels weapons Augments;
  • Unique skins for Login Rewards weapons (Azima, Zenistar...)
  • Clan management system:
    • Fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
    • More information for admins:
      • Player(x) invite Player(y);
      • Curent resources progress (%);
      • Curent research progress (%);
    • More flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system:
      • Stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).
  • New map for Relay's and Dojo (colored with markers) like in PoE or OV;
  • Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Remove/change requirement Hemocyte Cystolith for Plague Star clan trophies;
    • In-room Dojo spawn point(marker);
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Infested & Corpus statues decorations (now only Grineer);
    • Weapon racks decorations;
    • Infested theme decorations;
    • Orokin Derelict theme decorations;    
    • Factions Storage Containers;
    • Factions Resource Caches;
    • NPC for dojo;
    • Sentient Lab;
    • Syndicate rooms (like in relay);
    • Dojo Hangar (like in relay);
  • Boss reworks:
    • The Sergeant;
    • Hyena Pack;
    • Phorid;
    • Zanuka Hunter.

This guy gets it 

Will we get replayable Natah/Chimera prologue? The story quests are my favorite part of the game and I'd love to be able to do a straight shot replaying everything from Natah through Chimera to experience it all again.

Also, an ability to rewatch the Plains of Eidolon/Fortuna intro cutscenes. Yeah I know I could just look it all up on YouTube, but it just feels different having it in the game.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Lored said:

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

Any news:

• "Kingpin" system;
  • Thumper Bot from 105 and 106 devstreams;
  • Any chance to PoE grinding changes;
  • Pets 2.0;
  • Cephalon Samodeus lore or something(some fragments across world like kuria with some stories) with it;
  • Companion/pets commands system;
  • Any warframe add in Arbitrations droplist;
  • Old quests replay;
  • Limbo deluxe;
  • Seasonal events (winter event?);
  • Reveal Fortuna items in profile (MOA's still hidden);
  • Wukong rework (or mb not? he's ok).

How about: 

• New archwing & arch-weapons;
  • Arch-guns Rivens;
  • New Landing Craft ship;
  • New mechanics with Helminth Infirmary room;
    • Infested Kavat;
  • New Kavat type (2 kavats vs 5 kubrows + helminth, unfair);
  • New Venus Kubrow type(Kubrodons);
  • MOA (Venari mb?) mod sets;
  • New MOA unique mods;
  • Chesa Retrieve rework (since Fetch ingame, Chesa useless)
  • Status mods like Rifle Aptitude rework;
  • Sentinels weapons Augments;
  • Unique skins for Login Rewards weapons (Azima, Zenistar...)
  • Clan management system:
    • Fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
    • More information for admins:
      • Player(x) invite Player(y);
      • Curent resources progress (%);
      • Curent research progress (%);
    • More flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system:
      • Stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).
  • New map for Relay's and Dojo (colored with markers) like in PoE or OV;
  • Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Remove/change requirement Hemocyte Cystolith for Plague Star clan trophies;
    • In-room Dojo spawn point(marker);
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Infested & Corpus statues decorations (now only Grineer);
    • Weapon racks decorations;
    • Infested theme decorations;
    • Orokin Derelict theme decorations;    
    • Factions Storage Containers;
    • Factions Resource Caches;
    • NPC for dojo;
    • Sentient Lab;
    • Syndicate rooms (like in relay);
    • Dojo Hangar (like in relay);
  • Boss reworks:
    • The Sergeant;
    • Hyena Pack;
    • Phorid;
    • Zanuka Hunter.

Rebecca stated "ask your questions here" NOT "Make a long list of what you want without proposing anything",,, Omg people. Just make a damn question 

I have not been able to tune in recently, so I don't know if this has been covered already, but any news on Atlas deluxe? (and any possible tweaks/changes)

And for my personal knowledge if the community wouldn't mind helping, when would Atlas Prime be released, as far as the order goes?

I have a big question for u devs,.. can we get a way out of survivals without messing over ur team. Me an my freinds end up trapping others in survivals cause(and we state this early on in game) we want to survive as long as possible an they try to leave after 5 mins,... any way they camp exit an force us out or they alt F4,... its not fair either way,... can we get an escape pod or somthing for peps wanting to leave early

Also is there a chance at infested moa???

happy holidays all

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who:  Members of the DE Crew!

What: 2018 has flown by. This will be our last stream of 2018 before we close for some long overdue holidays. We’ll be doing this Devstream a little faster / looser than usual because we are focused on Hotfixes right now, but we’ll be celebrating 2018 with some mind-bending Warframe Stats and plenty of fun.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mesa Prime Access Pack!

Drops: There will be a Twitch Drop! Tune in live to learn more!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe to watch for a Twitch Drop, or if you're watching from your Switch, watch on the YouTube app!

When: Join us this Friday, December 21st at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, December 21st!  

As it's the final stream of the year, I have to ask my usual.

Are Scythes finally large in Melee 3.0?
I want a concrete answer to show to others.

Then there's my other often asked question, can we get a X/Y/Z axis slider for syandanas?

Also, any plans on letting us use Captura scenes in the Simulacrum to test in different areas?

Eggnog?

Enjoy the holidays, everybody.

1 hour ago, Lahared said:

How can something that not only eats infestation but is seemingly unaffected by doing so, become "infested"?

New infestation strain, like the Mutalist. Remember all those nifty weapons? 

Question for the Devs, so since Eris has to be the next open world (right? Infestation, right? Right?!) will we see more Mutalist versions of existing weapons?

I know this isn't the most important topic ever, but I really want to ask if we're ever going to be able to do something about Mesa Prime's chaps. I understand you're working on meshing the tennogen skins properly with her new appearance, but some of us find her chaps very distracting in combat/movement. I love the rest of her look so I don't want to just go back to the regular Mesa skin, but would it be possible to have her chaps be an auxiliary like Nekros' mortos binds?

Thanks for your time!

Archived