Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upset about Prime Noggles.

Kryogeneva

i dont see the issue for anyone really they are given for primed frame  not primed accessories but the PA its self which is nice and i thank them for all the one i got...

People need to get the hell over there petty crap just cause they didnt buy a PA they dont get them and they complain talk about wanting every thing every one has....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zNightWolfz said:

i dont see the issue for anyone really they are given for primed frame  not primed accessories but the PA its self which is nice and i thank them for all the one i got...

People need to get the hell over there petty crap just cause they didnt buy a PA they dont get them and they complain talk about wanting every thing every one has....

So if I want the noggle I now have to pay for the frame I already have when it gets unvaulted. kk ty, cause I didn't help fund the game by buying limbo, rhino and nyx accessories? If the noggles are a "thank you" for helping fund the game, then ty de.

It's simple, you bought any version of the Prime Access or unvault, you should be eligible for it especially since they want to run the script again next year.

This is now another reason why the prime accessories are unatractive, you are not seen as having helped the game in the same way. I buy the accessory packs because I like the warframe too, so ofc I want the prime noggle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daracha-Tendrihan said:

So if I want the noggle I now have to pay for the frame I already have when it gets unvaulted. kk ty, cause I didn't help fund the game by buying limbo, rhino and nyx accessories? If the noggles are a "thank you" for helping fund the game, then ty de.

It's simple, you bought any version of the Prime Access or unvault, you should be eligible for it especially since they want to run the script again next year.

This is now another reason why the prime accessories are unatractive, you are not seen as having helped the game in the same way. I buy the accessory packs because I like the warframe too, so ofc I want the prime noggle.

Then again, it's not just a "thank you" note, it's an incentive to buy the Prime Access. I get you and I agree, that buying accessories feels less unrewarding than ever, and they need to work on that, but if I remember correctly, they became a thing because people asked to be able to just buy those things and avoid buying the primes, so it's not like they were purely a DE idea, and I can see them trying to get people to buy the Prime packs again, it feels wrong but it's sadly a business practice.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LawnMowingMonkey said:

Then again, it's not just a "thank you" note, it's an incentive to buy the Prime Access. I get you and I agree, that buying accessories feels less unrewarding than ever, and they need to work on that, but if I remember correctly, they became a thing because people asked to be able to just buy those things and avoid buying the primes, so it's not like they were purely a DE idea, and I can see them trying to get people to buy the Prime packs again, it feels wrong but it's sadly a business practice.

Yeah but then if I want the noggles next year I'll have to buy frames I already own, it's just badly thought out.

5 minutes ago, Daracha-Tendrihan said:

Yeah but then if I want the noggles next year I'll have to buy frames I already own, it's just badly thought out.

I fully agree on that, been farming for most of mine, and traded for some vaulted ones, I would need to still buy them from DE to get my noggles.

But then again, it means this idea will work for them.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LawnMowingMonkey said:

Then again, it's not just a "thank you" note, it's an incentive to buy the Prime Access.

And you know this for a fact...how again?

Way to miss the point completely. It is DE's way of saying thanks. Says so IN THE VERY MESSAGE THAT CAME WITH THE NOGGLES.

If you're unwilling or incapable of grasping that simple fact, that's your problem.

Also, where the heck is the logic in offering a display piece that sits exclusively in your orbiter as an incentive to buy gilded weapons and / or 'Frames? That's an arguably pathetic incentive. You know what the actual incentives are? The extra plat and better stats for the gear you're buying. If that's not good enough for you, then I don't know what else to say other than you all lack proper perspective and appreciation.

Ba humbug indeed.

6 hours ago, zNightWolfz said:

Thanks for saying this. Bolded for emphasis if you don't mind.

5 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

And you know this for a fact...how again?

Way to miss the point completely. It is DE's way of saying thanks. Says so IN THE VERY MESSAGE THAT CAME WITH THE NOGGLES.

If you're unwilling or incapable of grasping that simple fact, that's your problem.

Also, where the heck is the logic in offering a display piece that sits exclusively in your orbiter as an incentive to buy gilded weapons and / or 'Frames? That's an arguably pathetic incentive. You know what the actual incentives are? The extra plat and better stats for the gear you're buying. If that's not good enough for you, then I don't know what else to say other than you all lack proper perspective and appreciation.

Ba humbug indeed.

Thanks for saying this. Bolded for emphasis if you don't mind.

And you're arguing me over what exactly? I'm not even whining about this, I can see it as a nice thank you by DE and I agree with the move.

But, any little thing, no matter how trivial and pathetic, that you can get by buying stuff, is an incentive. Just let me remind you, that the cosmetics are display pieces that sit on your warframe having absolutely no effect on gameplay other than bragging rights, and as pathetic as that sounds, people wanted them, so badly that DE had to work them into an exclusive package.

You know that common business practice, of giving people candies and small stuff on places like restaurants and hotels? Meaningless, right? But they are still incentives, and psychology says that they work, because what we care about is getting a reward, not the reward by itself.

But I think I may not have proper perspective and appreciation after all.

I am a founder but I do not like the approach to give out stuff retroactively.

At the time we made the contract with DE to spend money for whatever Pack, it was clear what items were included in this deal. To change the content afterwards is an unfair practise, even it is free because people who didnt buy it, have done so because of the known content at that time. Maybe I would have bought other packs too if it was clear that other stuff will get added afterwards.

It would have been much better to add Prime Noggles in future packs, it should always be clear what you buy.

Edited by AZZEL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AZZEL said:

I am a founder but I do not like the approach to give out stuff retroactively.

At the time we made the contract with DE to spend money for whatever Pack, it was clear what items were included in this deal. To change the content afterwards is an unfair practise, even it is free because people who didnt buy it, have done so because of the known content at that time. Maybe I would have bought other packs too if it was clear that other stuff will get added afterwards.

It would have been much better to add Prime Noggles in future packs, it should always be clear what you buy.

That is a fair point, but it's not an easy decission imo. They are letting you know now that you will be getting Prime noggles from now on, but if they didn't give them out retroactively, people that have been buying prime access/unvaultings would be pissed off too because of all their previous purchases.
Either way, I don't think they gave much thought to this idea.

20 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I forgot they are in the comics....but not one exist canonwise.

We wake in a non Prime. 

We never encounter a Prime. 

If Primes are first, when did the Tenno come on board as it makes little sense to have these Warframes decked in gold and silver if they could not be tamed. Ballas said they were not cooperating until the Tenno tamed them....which says to me that having Primes before the Tenno makes little to no sense. As do the Prototype of Volt....what reason is there a skin for a Proto if Prime were first produced?

I get the feel the whole "Primes are first" is propaganda to turn away from the first ones that did not blindly follow until the Tenno arrived.....and then they used the puppet versions as "first" to rewrite history to the their liking. What sounds better- wild beast of war that would do the things they were crafted for but gave attitude and had to be coerced into doing the mission or Golden puppets that shined as they were led by children not knowing they were in a dream? 

But that is my view if history as I have seen it written to make mass murders seen as explorers and now it is a choice to be a slave.....

I don’t remember it being said anywhere that the Primes were the progenitors to guns/frames, I always just figured they were direct upgrades using Orokin materials.

Do you know ferrari is giving for free a keyholder if you buy them thoses expensive cars?

I feel it's an intensive attempt to make people buying their car. /S

How can we rise the point people are fighting like if they were strugguling for theire real life? For a cosmetic that nobody will ever see because it will be put in an orbiter where nobody will ever go.
DE perfectly stated about it in devstream. this is only a way to thanks player that supported the game by investing a faire ammount in bundles... nothing more nothing less than a present that have no influence at all in leveling, reputation, frame or weapon power.

So if your neighbore got his boss a present for chrismas, like 5 buck more at the end of a month, you will complain this is an  INTENNNSIIIIVE ATTEMMMPT to  FOOORRRCCE you work for him?

Either i'm an alien, either somebody need cares here...

Edited by N2h2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

I don’t remember it being said anywhere that the Primes were the progenitors to guns/frames, I always just figured they were direct upgrades using Orokin materials. 

They're not, the Primes are the units deployed by the Orokin, who designed them.

The ones we use are the Tenno best attempt at recreating them. It's been stated ever since 2014, I am still mesmerized that this Community (mainly because people somehow believe something else in general) doesn't know it even though it's in the Wiki with a citation to the original Prime Access article explaining so: https://www.warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

WHAT IS A PRIME?
Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are actual pieces of Ancient Orokin technology. These elite intricately gilded items have highly advantageous qualities and feature added polarity slots – allowing you to equip more powerful Mods and saving space in your MOD Capacity.

Non-Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are based on Orokin technology, however they are not genuine Orokin articles.

Think of it as Ford making a car and you trying to reconstruct it in mid of a post apocalyptic world.

• Like 2

I worry that negative feedback to free stuff that DE gives us is going to discourage them from doing so in the future. Sorry if you didn't get a noggle you wanted, but an orbiter decoration with no direct impact on gameplay is hardly the worst thing in the world to miss out on. Personally I thought it was a pleasant little surprise to get a handful of statues and whether or not DE gives us any more in the future I appreciate that little bit of extra effort they put in for people who invested a good chunk of money and time into the game.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vryheid said:

I worry that negative feedback to free stuff that DE gives us is going to discourage them from doing so in the future. Sorry if you didn't get a noggle you wanted, but an orbiter decoration with no direct impact on gameplay is hardly the worst thing in the world to miss out on. Personally I thought it was a pleasant little surprise to get a handful of statues and whether or not DE gives us any more in the future I appreciate that little bit of extra effort they put in for people who invested a good chunk of money and time into the game.

Yeah, sadly there was no way they could implement this atm that wouldn't make some people rage. Still, it is indeed a nice gesture, and even more, I think it's a perfect gift, seeing how no one expected them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, N2h2 said:

So if your neighbore got his boss a present for chrismas, like 5 buck more at the end of a month, you will complain this is an  INTENNNSIIIIVE ATTEMMMPT to  FOOORRRCCE you work for him?

I'm genuinely curious where you're coming from with this "intenstive attempt to force" stuff, but even more curious about your logic here.

My neighbour gets his boss a present for christmas and I, for some reason, will complain about him buying his boss a gift, and wish I'd work for the same guy? Is that what you're saying?

no simple fact I can't belive some people are complaining for a such small "gift", that have no influence at all in game and turn it in a huge drama.

Maybe people that paid for thoses packages deserve a thanks....

Warframe ESRB rating: 17+. What I see in this complain is not even 8 yo kids that are not happy with what they get. Should we regret that this game is not 80$ + 35$ for each extension? As it everybody would get the same reward.

• Like 3

They were damned since the beginning, whatever they did someone would complain, and that's just the way things go with these things, sadly. I think that a little heads up may have worked in DE's favor tho, because then players couldn't blame this on the "if I knew, I'd have bought it".

In the end, I'm guessing they will let you buy them in an event or something like that.

as a bit of a noggle collector, im a little saddened ill never get most of those noggles since iv ever only bought accessories packs. So with that being said of course im on the side of them being a bonus for the accessories packs.

The other thing that's a little upsetting is that its never even been mentioned that we could get prime noggles for buying the packs. So of course iv farmed for all the prime stuff i want.

so when the prime vault opens if I want the noggles ill have to buy the packs where i have literally everything in them already.

Its very similar to why DE split up the prime vault packs to let people buy the accessories separately. That way people dont feel like they would be wasting money on things they already have, but if they were in the accessories pack that wouldn't be a problem, since the only way to get the prime accessories is to buy them with irl money.

Also DE, you should have known people take their noggles seriously when you have Rebeca on the team, just saying.

• Like 3

Let me guess. Now everybody will buy Mesa pack.... but people will complain soo much that they'll make noogle accesible to everyone by buying it alone... and then  more complain will come . "omg i bought mesa prime acces just for the noogle and now everybody can have it, DE you stol my money...". RIP

Be kind and some will be gratfull, other will just keep blaming you whatever you'll do...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

They're not, the Primes are the units deployed by the Orokin, who designed them.

The ones we use are the Tenno best attempt at recreating them. It's been stated ever since 2014, I am still mesmerized that this Community (mainly because people somehow believe something else in general) doesn't know it even though it's in the Wiki with a citation to the original Prime Access article explaining so: https://www.warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

Think of it as Ford making a car and you trying to reconstruct it in mid of a post apocalyptic world.

Not everybody looks at the wiki and that’s not exactly a great way to have lore explained. That’s the same reason Dark Souls/Bloodborne lore is so obscure in the games, because the story and lore is all held on the wiki.

Don’t get all snippy with me for not checking a third party website, I didn’t even say it was a definite because DE isn’t exactly consistent with their old pre Second Dream lore. :U

23 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

Not everybody looks at the wiki and that’s not exactly a great way to have lore explained. That’s the same reason Dark Souls/Bloodborne lore is so obscure in the games, because the story and lore is all held on the wiki.

Don’t get all snippy with me for not checking a third party website, I didn’t even say it was a definite because DE isn’t exactly consistent with their old pre Second Dream lore. :U

Not snippy at you, just in general with the whole pack of people *hugs fellow Tenno* Remember when Reaper Prime was Prime Ether Reaper even though it was pretty obvious it was not and then Rebecca had to confirm it? Exactly that feel 😛 But yeah, there could be a better representetion in the Codex. One of my biggest gripes: It's so obvious the Tenno recreate the Warframes away from Lua and any without kind of direct Orokin tech, but why not just say so in the Codex and call it a day.

Edited by NightmareT12

13 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Not snippy at you, just in general with the whole pack of people *hugs fellow Tenno* Remember when Reaper Prime was Prime Ether Reaper even though it was pretty obvious it was not and then Rebecca had to confirm it? Exactly that feel 😛 But yeah, there could be a better representetion in the Codex. One of my biggest gripes: It's so obvious the Tenno recreate the Warframes away from Lua and any without kind of direct Orokin tech, but why not just say so in the Codex and call it a day.

Wait... People thought the Reaper Prime was the Ether Reaper primed? (W a t) Well the way I see it, the Umbra frames are more what fit the bill described to the primes than anything. Won’t go too into that though for obvious reasons!

So it turns out I did see the day someone got personally butthurt about fictional bobblehead decorations in a game environment that is usually seen by nobody but an individual player. Fantastic.

The thread title contains both "upset" and "noggle", in the same phrase. I wanna be sympathetic, but... I mean come on, Tenno, look at what you've made a thread about.

On 2018-12-23 at 2:04 AM, AZZEL said:

Maybe I would have bought other packs too if it was clear that other stuff will get added afterwards.

Maybe? Put your mouth where your mouth is. Think of a PA you didn't buy. Tell me honestly, would the addition of a noggle of that Prime frame have changed your mind? Would you have bought that PA because there was also a noggle included?