Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upset about Prime Noggles.

Kryogeneva

14 hours ago, Kryogeneva said:

I know I am ganna be targetted by everyone who has PA saying "suck it up princess". But oh well, here's my frustration anyway.

I, and many others, have asked for prime noggles since basically the first noggle. I have bought much platinum. Many prime accessories. Even a prime access (ember). I have her glyphs n errytang. 

1: why is this not a purchasable thing?

2: why am I being excluded for "not investing"? I wasn't aware there was an "if you buy this, you may see future goodies!" clause - this would have impacted my decision on MANY prime accesses. I'm poor. I can't just buy every single one.

3: For the PA I DO have, Ember, nothing (yet). I now have the noggle. Which IS nice.

And before yall get even madder: I am happy for those who have one. They seem genuinely excited. And I wouldn't care if I could just purchase them somewhere. But this, right now, feels like the biggest slap in the face since I started Warframe in November of 2013. 

I dunno. Why is it noggles? The one fakkin thing that many of us want the most? Why couldn't it just be little shoulder regalia or something?

P.S. I hate complaining on any Warframe forum because it usually isn't constructive and I am probably not thinking properly, but I genuinely feel offended and left out. 

I am going to regret this post. 

Edit: Ember Noggle delivered. Still, I think they need to be purchasable for plat or monies.

Given that these noggles are a way for DE to say “Thanks for financially supporting the game” I can see offering them for $, but not for plat. 

• Like 1

Also I can kinda see the anger here im sorry but if you're thanking people for supporting the game with money then you need to give those things out to people who have spent money on things that arent prime access im sorry but people spend money on tennogen or on prime accessories for unvaults but I guess you only care about the people who buy the over priced stuff... honestly I didn't care until I thought it out also as the OP said you guys didn't give any warning making it unfair to those who chose not to pay for your $50+ prime access stuff because everything in it can be farmed or because it doesnt offer enough for its price but maybe that extra item would have changes their choice.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Like another post said, i think they should add the noggles to the accessory packs too, i think this because, well, warframes can be farmed, but there is no other way of getting the accessory's, so they could at least also add the noggles whit them.

I think thats the reason they added to those who purchased Prime Warframe packs. You can farm it, what other incentive there is for them to give Noggles through the smaller packs that do not benefit DE?

13 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

I think thats the reason they added to those who purchased Prime Warframe packs. You can farm it, what other incentive there is for them to give Noggles through the smaller packs that do not benefit DE?

How does the small packs not benefit DE? You are literally paying the same as you would for a full priced AAA game.

• Like 1

So I got doubles of multiple frames, but don’t know if it’s a problem that I didn’t get Frost, Mag, Mesa, or Vauban Prime even though I got the PA on at LEAST the last two xD

Frost and Mag prime I’m not sure about and don’t think I’m elligible to get since I’m pretty sure those I farmed for.

Definitely bought the Vauban and Mesa PA though.

Edited by WingedCrusade

2 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

So I got doubles of multiple frames, but don’t know if it’s a problem that I didn’t get Frost, Mag, Mesa, or Vauban Prime even though I got the PA on at LEAST the last two xD

Frost and Mag prime I’m not sure about

By PA you mean the actual Warframe Packs, or Accessory packs? It does make a difference. Check your billing/email purchases history. 

6 hours ago, Daracha-Tendrihan said:

I personally feel it's kinda weird that you don't get prime noggle or the glyphs when buying accessory packs, the reason I buy accessory packs is because I want to have a reason to play, that being farming warframes and relics and I feel that when I purchase the accessory I am punished for not buying the more expensive one.

I am literally being excluded from two accessories now, when I buy the accessory pack. It kinda just feels like "you didn't buy the big package that takes a way your reason to play, so you don't get these two things", when I just payed for overpriced cosmetic items because I wanted to support the game and yet still be able to keep my interest in it.

*edit*

The reason this annoys me so much is because I could buy a new game for this amount of money and have a completely new kind of experience, but at the same time I want to support the studio here. And to anyone saying that we should just suck it up, no, when you use this amount of money on a game you at least have the right to be upset.

Exactly...  Now it may not hot the spot, but this is why I want more primes outside of the PA purchases released. 

I don't feel its wrong of them to tie a few goodies to the main purchase, as it's an incentive, but as you mentioned we are basically buying a way out of content...  And relic opening isn't bad content at all. 

3 hours ago, takeshiblue said:

Not a fact, they are in the story line. It may not make sense but it's there.

3 hours ago, S.Dust said:

they're the original frames.

I forgot they are in the comics....but not one exist canonwise.

We wake in a non Prime. 

We never encounter a Prime. 

If Primes are first, when did the Tenno come on board as it makes little sense to have these Warframes decked in gold and silver if they could not be tamed. Ballas said they were not cooperating until the Tenno tamed them....which says to me that having Primes before the Tenno makes little to no sense. As do the Prototype of Volt....what reason is there a skin for a Proto if Prime were first produced?

I get the feel the whole "Primes are first" is propaganda to turn away from the first ones that did not blindly follow until the Tenno arrived.....and then they used the puppet versions as "first" to rewrite history to the their liking. What sounds better- wild beast of war that would do the things they were crafted for but gave attitude and had to be coerced into doing the mission or Golden puppets that shined as they were led by children not knowing they were in a dream? 

But that is my view if history as I have seen it written to make mass murders seen as explorers and now it is a choice to be a slave.....

8 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Our intention is to continue to give out the Prime Noggles each year as more Prime Warframes are released (Prime Access) and rereleased (Prime Vault). We can definitely understand that some players feel like they've missed out, so there will be more opportunities in the future. We view them similar to how the Prime Glyphs are acquired - something unique tied directly to the corresponding Prime Warframe. I hope that helps clear things up for future releases. 

You create a situation where it's now a disadvantage to have bought the old stuff? Why do this?

• Like 1

While I love the idea of Prime noggles, this is IMO a pretty terrible way to go about handing them out.  And I say that as someone who just got 4 prime noggles in the mail.

This game boasts itself as 'F2P done right' and gives people the means to farm Prime frames and weapons in game - and 5 years later you guys decide 'lets give the people who straight-up buy stuff another reward!' despite the fact those people already get a huge amount of platinum and exclusive accessories as a 'bonus'.

Kinda feels like a middle finger to the people who build and trade with other players.  I get the idea of prestige but how is swiping my credit card more 'prestigious' than actually engaging with the game, its economy, farming things and trading with other players?

These need to be available to people who have the corresponding Prime frames, period. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GnomeFrame said:

While I love the idea of Prime noggles, this is IMO a pretty terrible way to go about handing them out.  And I say that as someone who just got 4 prime noggles in the mail.

This game boasts itself as 'F2P done right' and gives people the means to farm Prime frames and weapons in game - and 5 years later you guys decide 'lets give the people who straight-up buy stuff another reward!' despite the fact those people already get a huge amount of platinum and exclusive accessories as a 'bonus'.

Kinda feels like a middle finger to the people who build and trade with other players.  I get the idea of prestige but how is swiping my credit card more 'prestigious' than actually engaging with the game, its economy, farming things and trading with other players?

These need to be available to people who have the corresponding Prime frames, period. 

You do realise with out the people buying these items, the game would not exist? It is because of people that bought the founders packs, PA and Accessories packs, that DE is able to keep the lights on, pay the staff and create this awesome game. Because of people who pay to play the game, DE has allowed their premium currency to be trad-able with those who choose to play strictly for free. Why shouldn't DE say thankyou to those that pay to support their game? You don't.

Any time I see a founder, MR 26 or below that comes back to the game, I say thank you to them because they were the ones that got this game off the ground. I started playing back in early 2015. I have chosen to purchase every PA since Trinity's release, and some of the Vaulted frames since then. I do this because DE has created an awesome game, experience and environment in which to play. No other game or company has done that for me. Sure, I know I have spent far more money on the monstrosities created by companys such as Bungie, EA or Activision, but to me DE has earned every penny I have given them. If you want to feel good, take your left hand reach over your right shoulder and give it a pat and say, "Atta boy". You done good. But to complain about people getting a thank you from DE is selfish.

Thankyou DE and Merry Christmas to you all my fellow Tenno.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I forgot they are in the comics....but not one exist canonwise.

We wake in a non Prime. 

We never encounter a Prime. 

If Primes are first, when did the Tenno come on board as it makes little sense to have these Warframes decked in gold and silver if they could not be tamed. Ballas said they were not cooperating until the Tenno tamed them....which says to me that having Primes before the Tenno makes little to no sense. As do the Prototype of Volt....what reason is there a skin for a Proto if Prime were first produced?

I get the feel the whole "Primes are first" is propaganda to turn away from the first ones that did not blindly follow until the Tenno arrived.....and then they used the puppet versions as "first" to rewrite history to the their liking. What sounds better- wild beast of war that would do the things they were crafted for but gave attitude and had to be coerced into doing the mission or Golden puppets that shined as they were led by children not knowing they were in a dream? 

But that is my view if history as I have seen it written to make mass murders seen as explorers and now it is a choice to be a slave.....

you must not have been playing that long. even if it doesn't make sense the primes are basically the true designs of the warframes we have the only canon prime we do have is Excal umbra. I don't mean to burst your bubble but you seem to missing alot of info about the game.

12 hours ago, GnomeFrame said:

You wouldn't be able to trade for Plat if I and other players like me hadn't spent real money to put plat in the game.  If you still don't get it, then the following quotes below should help you understand.

18 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

If you bought the prime you get the noggle, simple.

11 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

IKR the entitlement with some people here is too strong.

11 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

plain an simple the prime nogs were DE way of saying thank you to those of teh community that have help fund the game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GnomeFrame said:

I'm not sure where to begin. 

Well, let's pick this one; why the Hek is it always a face slapping, middle finger throwing insult for people to not be handed something?   Oh no, DE came up with a new way to encourage some players to spend money.  The horror.  It's almost as if they're a for profit company.

It is a F2P done right, you can obtain all core game items for free, you can obtain the games premium from other players if you choose not to buy it,  or you can choose to spend money to get it.  

Prime Noggles are an incentive to spend money, nothing more. You are not entitled to none game bearing items just "because" and no one is offering insult for you to so eagerly take. 

11 minutes ago, takeshiblue said:

you must not have been playing that long. even if it doesn't make sense the primes are basically the true designs of the warframes we have the only canon prime we do have is Excal umbra. I don't mean to burst your bubble but you seem to missing alot of info about the game.

Playing 4 years.....telling stories since middle school....seen a few great ones, read a many excellent one...and this one can be among the excellent....

That is one of the reasons I keep coming back. The more we find out, the more it turns things upside down. And I take leaps with the lore with what we are shown. We are given Proto skins, which means even if Primes were the first, there had to be a starting point BEFORE them. You do not just make something the model that you put out in the world. You start with an idea, build on it, craft it, find out the bugs, and you improve it til you can show it as realized. Then once it proves it is ready, you move to the full creation that you present to the world. 

You can buy the whole concept that Primes were created perfectly and went out to do the missions they had...or you can go by Ballas own words to say they had to fight with the first to craft what they wanted and they were monsters. 

I got my money on Nidus being the real source of the Orokin Empire and their Warframes decades to centuries before the Tenno made puppets of them. But that is just my head C going off with overthinking ammo.

On 2018-12-21 at 5:28 AM, Kryogeneva said:

I know I am ganna be targetted by everyone who has PA saying "suck it up princess". But oh well, here's my frustration anyway.

I, and many others, have asked for prime noggles since basically the first noggle. I have bought much platinum. Many prime accessories. Even a prime access (ember). I have her glyphs n errytang. 

1: why is this not a purchasable thing?

2: why am I being excluded for "not investing"? I wasn't aware there was an "if you buy this, you may see future goodies!" clause - this would have impacted my decision on MANY prime accesses. I'm poor. I can't just buy every single one.

3: For the PA I DO have, Ember, nothing (yet). I now have the noggle. Which IS nice.

And before yall get even madder: I am happy for those who have one. They seem genuinely excited. And I wouldn't care if I could just purchase them somewhere. But this, right now, feels like the biggest slap in the face since I started Warframe in November of 2013. 

I dunno. Why is it noggles? The one fakkin thing that many of us want the most? Why couldn't it just be little shoulder regalia or something?

P.S. I hate complaining on any Warframe forum because it usually isn't constructive and I am probably not thinking properly, but I genuinely feel offended and left out. 

I am going to regret this post. 

Edit: Ember Noggle delivered. Still, I think they need to be purchasable for plat or monies.

It's always been like this. All the way to the start of the game, people had the choice to pay the founder packs. Those who did got a Excalibur Prime. To this day, Excalibur Prime cannot be obtained in any way, and only founders can have it.

This is actually a very good thing. It's a way for DE to approach Prime Access supporters (and I include unvaulted access in there too) and show them that they appreciate their economical support without it being unbalanced.

It's not a new weapon, or a new function or some other gameplay-related content that is suddenly exclusive. It's not, in any way, shape or form, important for you to play the game. This is just a gift from DE to those of us who decided to put our money into their game by paying for "premium" content. And Prime stuff is premium content, even if you can farm it without paying.

So... yeah. this is just the old discussion of "should stuff be exclusive to some players because they have done XY and I haven't?"

and the answer is yes.

I have bought every prime access since Vauban Prime. Every couple of months, I put in 150 CHF for it. And I was happy, I never asked for anything more, I got what I paid for and I was happy. Which is why this is such a nice gesture from DE.

It's them saying: "Hey, we've seen you've given us a little bit of help, so here's a gift to show we appreciate that".