Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beast Companions should have a moddable "weapon" category

Casardis

Just like Robotic companions, I believe Beasts should also get a separate, moddable "weapon" to mod (Fangs for Kubrows and Helminth Charger? Claws for Kavats?)

Here are some of the pros and cons from me.

Pros
1- Having more room to place and separate mods (Bite, Maul, elemental mods, etc. will go to the weapon slot) encourages further customization in light of the new mods introduced in Fortuna (set mods, dual stats elemental mods, Fetch...). You'll also be able to put all the pet's preceipts more easily.
2- This customization opening will allow DE to put more creative mods that could fit in builds without sacrificing valuable and essential mods like Maul and Link Health/Shields/Armor. 
-- Such example is being able to put different preceipts per race, similar to how the MOA are.

Cons
1. Forma and Catalyst needed to mod with more flexibility, but that didn't stop DE to ship Robotic weapons and Exalted weapons, so I don't see why it will be a problem.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Long as DE buffs Vacuum to 13.5m to be in-line with Fetch since the mod slots will have equal value at that point.

Yes, I am being that petty about it. A QoL mod is now taking up a slot on all Companions / Sentinels and both could use room.

Granted companions more but that's also because there are far more viable Companion mods.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having one set of mods for "defence" and one set for "offence" for Beast pets. As it stands right now, 10 slots is still a bit too little to accommodate both damage/crit/status mods and health/armour/shield mods AND support mods. It's not impossible, just unpleasant and kind of not competitive with Sentinels.

• Like 1

agreed. 10 slots are not enough for utillity, defensive and dmg mods.

i havent even touched the 60/60 elementals for pets, theres no room at all. unless i take out defensive mods which let them die even quicker or take out utility mods and make them even more useles...

and while were at it, what about buffing their dmg stats. namely status. they do pretty good dmg but it doesnt scale to even sortie levels because they dont proc status. if they could have a reasonable amount of status so they can proc slash a bit more it would really help.

Edited by Ragingwasabi
  • Like 2

On 2019-01-11 at 8:00 PM, Ragingwasabi said:

agreed. 10 slots are not enough for utillity, defensive and dmg mods.

i havent even touched the 60/60 elementals for pets, theres no room at all. unless i take out defensive mods which let them die even quicker or take out utility mods and make them even more useles...

and while were at it, what about buffing their dmg stats. namely status. they do pretty good dmg but it doesnt scale to even sortie levels because they dont proc status. if they could have a reasonable amount of status so they can proc slash a bit more it would really help.

Agreed. Right now the only pets that can deal higher status are Kubrows with Mecha Overdrive, but that's limited to one companion species, not to mention, again, we don't have a lot of slots to be versatile about it.

I agree that currently modding beasts is quite hard, you either choose survival, utility or attack, maybe 2 of the three, and even then, its a tough choice with the mods available and the precepts.

Maybe removing the breed specific precept mods all together and just having those abilities active without the mods would be a way forward. It'd free up a couple of slots, keeping overall build diversity, but allowing wider choice.

After all, wasn't this how Warframe abilities once worked? You had to have the ability mod equiped to be able to use the Warframe ability

I agree that the ability should be breed specific instead of a mod precept. It makes sense for robotics companion but a bit less for beast companions I think. I still want them to separate mods to a weapon category though so it can free lots of room to play around.

• 2 weeks later...