Jump to content

5 Hours of Helene, Saturn and no Meso A1 Relic


ChillyWilly
 Share

Recommended Posts

Title says it all, I been farming for 5 Hours on Helene and no Meso A1 relic even drop, According to wiki. it have 10% drop chance. but if I get my math straight, 10 Waves on Helene equals roughly 10 minutes, So in short, 5 hours should get me 60 relics. Minus the occasional endo that happens 2-3 times during my run, 57 relics. and NONE of them are Meso A1

 

Is it just me or the drop chance is truly messed up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can only get meso relics on rotation A so you'll have 30 chances to get it.

If you're farming meso relics you should only do 10 wave runs and start again. Io is another place to farm them.

Also, Ukko in the Void has 5.88% chance for the relic and the missions take <1min.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

You can only get meso relics on rotation A so you'll have 30 chances to get it.

If you're farming meso relics you should only do 10 wave runs and start again. Io is another place to farm them.

Also, Ukko in the Void has 5.88% chance for the relic and the missions take <1min.

Pretty much this...
OP should look up the Loot Rotation mechanics. Link for reference: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mission_Rewards#Endless_Missions
 

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

try excavation as they tend to cycle faster through the net relics per unit time can be worse than defense.  the best meso farm is IO Jupiter.
survival uses the excavation loot pool and is one of the worst farms for relics in the game.  the exception is neo relics at mot.  

I also prefer excavations to other mission types. Defenses are actually the slowest, although, sometimes, Io is a good popular mission, if you can't find a squad.

 

Edited by ReaverKane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

You can only get meso relics on rotation A so you'll have 30 chances to get it.

If you're farming meso relics you should only do 10 wave runs and start again. Io is another place to farm them.

Also, Ukko in the Void has 5.88% chance for the relic and the missions take <1min.

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

Pretty much this...
OP should look up the Loot Rotation mechanics. Link for reference: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mission_Rewards#Endless_Missions

I believe the OP said 10 Waves not 10 Rotation...

Anyways, I believe it's just your bad luck. I used to run Mot for 10 hours (not straight obviously) and it's not drop the relic I want lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I believe the OP said 10 Waves not 10 Rotation...

Anyways, I believe it's just your bad luck. I used to run Mot for 10 hours (not straight obviously) and it's not drop the relic I want lol.

OP = ChillyWilly.

3 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

nope, that is survival as it uses the excavation rotation defense is the more reliable farm. but can be slower it just depends on spawns.  

Didn't even consider survival... I only use survival for drop farming (Orokin cells, and the like), its not even on my radar for relics. So yeah, you're right!

Edited by ReaverKane
Avoid double posting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

OP = ChillyWilly.

Yes, and IDK why you only replied that to me lol...

If you misunderstood something this is what OP said...

30 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

but if I get my math straight, 10 Waves on Helene equals roughly 10 minutes, So in short, 5 hours should get me 60 relics.

I other words, OP said that each hour gave them 12 relics. If you run 10 min per missions that's mean you can run mission 6 times per hour, and have a chance to gave them 12 Meso relics. In 5 hours he would get 60 relics... I see no fault in their claim...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Start speedrunning Ukko in Void. Its about 1 relic per minute, my best time is 31 seconds.

Glad someone said it, OP coulda had roughly 240 relics in that time period, factoring in load times. so even if 1/4 were mesos, they'd have profited much more than helene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it is true Defense tends to be the slowest, but it have the highest chance to get a relic

My issue right now I did 5 hours STRAIGHT, (I did more before that but I went on a break)

Helene and IO pretty much the same, only the difference is the grineer and corpus, and I enjoy fighting grineer more

Maybe its just bad luck, but 5 hours not getting a single Meso A1 relic, and you gotta wonder how unlucky you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i do syndicates and collect their medialions. become efficient at it, and in an hour’s time or somewhat less you have your self 6 or so relic packs from lith to axi, but lots and lots of neo and mesos. since you can store up packs, they are a great way of mass collecting relics on an unvaulting or release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChillyWilly said:

While it is true Defense tends to be the slowest, but it have the highest chance to get a relic

My issue right now I did 5 hours STRAIGHT, (I did more before that but I went on a break)

Helene and IO pretty much the same, only the difference is the grineer and corpus, and I enjoy fighting grineer more

Maybe its just bad luck, but 5 hours not getting a single Meso A1 relic, and you gotta wonder how unlucky you are

Again, if you don't know the beauty that is Ukko, give it a shot friend. I know you're commenting on the rng of the whole thing, but ya know, for next time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Defense is the only endless that isn’t time gated. Excavation, survival and interception have timers.

true but not as true as you think.  There is still a wave timer on defense and the excavations timers can be run in parallel.  Interception can be faster than defense if you have enough cc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

true but not as true as you think.  There is still a wave timer on defense and the excavations timers can be run in parallel.  Interception can be faster than defense if you have enough cc.  

sure but as you advance it gets harder to run multiple drills. 

soloing defenses, wiping a wave in less than a minute is what i come to expect. basically if a zenistar has a couple seconds before the next wave counter hits, that’s pretty quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've also experienced exceedingly bad luck with Meso A1 from relic packs. I've gotten several of every other new relic but 0 Meso A1s. I'm convinced it's messed up and isn't dropping everywhere it should.

Edited by Feltal
We need void_glitch
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

See, you choose probably the most inefficient place to farm it, and then waste 5 hours doing it. When the first 5 minutes could of told you that you weren't going to get it on that session.

Go run Ukko - Void because at least if you're fast, you can run it in 40 seconds, and get a guaranteed relic from Meso to Neo. You'll get all the relics that you didn't even know you needed as well! 40s vs 5h. Think about that really low chance of a relic every 5 minutes, vs on average, 6-8 relics in 5 minutes.

Edited by Alcatraz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2018-12-24 at 9:06 AM, Misgenesis said:

Start speedrunning Ukko in Void. Its about 1 relic per minute, my best time is 31 seconds.

Lol-I'm trying to get the Akjagara Prime and was doing IO defense with zero Meso A1. I did one speed run through Ukko and got 1 Meso A1 in one minute-thx! Now I hope this wasn't just RNG on a coffee break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...