Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

Mass Effect have some super awesome art direction and concept artists, for sure.

I say the collectors are same but different, and let's face it; ME stole from every body so now it appears we all steal from ME.

Tis the way of the world.

I have begun to think it was Baphomet who provided Alad with the Mutalist virus. Yes, yes he is not in the game i know.

This is just me thinking Baphomet is secretly hiding behind the scenes. He will reveal himself when the time is right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No argument here. The infestation as a simple disease feels so dated. It would make them so much more interesting with leaders and good solid lore.

But it's probably not possible - even Alad's most recent appearance seems to contest to that. Listen to his dialogue and how it's read, sounds like he's fighting against something - fighting to keep who he is. The Infestation consumes the individual and turns it into a singular entity - robbing it of all vestiges of individuality and replacing it with the whole.

I still love the whole look of this guy, but... well, maybe J3 will prove me wrong?

Morec0, there was the serum remember? Baphonet is from the Orokin age, so he could be radically different.

I hear you though. Poor Alad and his dreams of a new Empire. I laugh even as I cry.

Ah, forgot that bit. So I suppose so.

But wasn't that serum just a placebo? *looks up* Yeah, a placebo laced with enferon, designed to kill the Infected agent, not cure.

Edited by Morec0

But it's probably not possible - even Alad's most recent appearance seems to contest to that. Listen to his dialogue and how it's read, sounds like he's fighting against something - fighting to keep who he is. The Infestation consumes the individual and turns it into a singular entity - robbing it of all vestiges of individuality and replacing it with the whole.

I still love the whole look of this guy, but... well, maybe J3 will prove me wrong?

But perhaps the difference is that Alad v as a host was resisting the influence of the infestation whereas bahomet would be the epitome of a corrupted entity fully embracing and propagating its corruption. In both instances of infested entities having a form of sentience, the singular purpose is that of dominion of any and all "lesser" beings. In this case, the host is an Orokin scientist at the forefront of technocytr research with, arguably, access to a warframe. Whereas Alad V's attempts to fuse technocyte virus with robotic and Tenno frames FORCIBLY, this is an instance in which the fuse occurred WILLINGLY. One could imagine the effects of the serum and research would amplify its effects upon a host, but I think that the individuals internal desire to play host would create... Well... A true expression of the infestations endgame. Thus we get bahomet.

If you mean a syndicate that prioritizes hunting the infestation, yes I agree. If you mean ally with infested, you are not Tenno.

Baphomet is not any ordinary mindless infested monster, far from it infact. He can CONTROL the infestation, with powers not so unlike some Tenno in other areas.

Think of following a Cephalon, bodyless inhuman AI, then think of following a brilliant yet twisted Orokin scientist with a wish to evolve and change the nature of the infested.

Are the two really so different?

Baphomet is not any ordinary mindless infested monster, far from it infact. He can CONTROL the infestation, with powers not so unlike some Tenno in other areas.

Think of following a Cephalon, bodyless inhuman AI, then think of following a brilliant yet twisted Orokin scientist with a wish to evolve and change the nature of the infested.

Are the two really so different?

Depends on the ultimate goal - and if Baphomet's is to spread infestation throughout the system...

Depends on the ultimate goal - and if Baphomet's is to spread infestation throughout the system...

I see him as a stalker for infestation.

True. I still do not trust Suda though.

Eh Suda is fine. He's just not into relationships and emotions.