Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Bear

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

This looks dope. 

There is a great opportunity for DE to write a complex story around Baphomet, revealing Lore about the War and the creation of the Gholems and infested.

They could even introduce him as a link to the past, a new mysterious Quest giver even without a syndicate.

On the other hand, if DE want to introduce infested warframes, this would be perfect. As a means to an end, Baphomet creates a Deciple by mutating a Tenno/warframe with his own technocyte-strain. Who naturally flees to the Lotus like all rebellious children do.

There is potential for frames like Typhus there, or infested hunter units and even a new faction of infested that would be "smart".

I am quite eager now to find out if the new Gholem is intelligent and sentient and if they will change the infested Lore into something bigger than it is now.

And same. And this would be amazing if they could pull it off. I doubt they would want to do something so drastic for the game though... Even if it would be a neat change to the game... I think they have other plans... who knows... 

The infested allways felt an afterthought, a spacezombie. I know they were in Dark Sector but even there they played a central role, bit the Grineer was allways the enemy the Tenno was meant to fight.

Now that the story and Lore have changed, they are free to do whatever to the infestation. My feeling is that this IS what they tried to do with the Mutalist.

But the explanation behind it, the Lore and history remains unreleased.

This is the year of reveals, so I hope that after Sentients the Gholem will have its moment as well.

And if they are looking for a replacement for Alad, why not Baphomet? I am sure they would make him great, just glance over at Nemesis while you do it, eh DE?

I have been thinking. I am in the process of writing a story that to a big extent involves the creation of Typhus and the impact this will have on the Tenno.

For the first time that we know of, a warframe is infested by a mutalist parasite. It still require a tenno-host to function though, no Mesa-controlling for this warframe.

Now to my idea. The long and short of it is that while Alad V is largely responsible for the symbiot, it is Baphomet who finds and trains Typhus.

He tries to teach him the old ways, a different path than Lotus. In the end though, it will be Master and Apprentice as Typhus realises his place must be among the Tenno.

I still wish this to be a friendship and a way to introduce Lore about the infested and the orokin, even if it will be mostly guesswork.

What do you think about this idea?

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking. I am in the process of writing a story that to a big extent involves the creation of Typhus and the impact this will have on the Tenno.

For the first time that we know of, a warframe is infested by a mutalist parasite. It still require a tenno-host to function though, no Mesa-controlling for this warframe.

Now to my idea. The long and short of it is that while Alad V is largely responsible for the symbiot, it is Baphomet who finds and trains Typhus.

He tries to teach him the old ways, a different path than Lotus. In the end though, it will be Master and Apprentice as Typhus realises his place must be among the Tenno.

I still wish this to be a friendship and a way to introduce Lore about the infested and the orokin, even if it will be mostly guesswork.

What do you think about this idea?

I like it! :D

I think its a good idea to make an infested tenno as a boss ^^
He can be the symbol of tenno fallen in fight with infested.

Man, I need to do a new Baphomet picture at some point.

Any suggestions?

I'd like to see him commanding a group of Juggernauts while riding on Merhiem...

By the way, I think that Infested should get a Hunter unit (like Harvester and G3).

Here is my idea:

Analogical to Harvester/g3 up to the moment of the first flickering lights, at this moment  Lotus mentions that she detected Infested, on next flickers we hear roar of Merhiem and Lotus says some fancy quote (essentially something like "We got a problem...")and some low-level infested spawn. *Lotus says something*. *third ficker & roar*

At this point Baphomet arrives riding on a Merhiem and is accompanied by some infested (like before, the "side-kick infested do not exceed mission's base level). The fight begins.

(Baphomet's quotes appear throughout the fight)

At first he is mounted and uses only melee and blocks all of the shots aimed at him (at ths point this is basically a fight against  Merhiem.)

After his steed is dead(and Baphomet says something ), we have a sword-fight against him, after some time (or taking taking enough damage) he despawns in a fancy way while saying something, then we got some drops(if RNGods allow >.>)

Or he despawns after killing the target( he might take the target to the hive after disarming him/her, then we would get an escape mission like the one with Harvester[btw i wonder how it looks like... never had the chance to get killed by the Harvester...])

What do you think of this? I just kinda got this idea not too long ago and had to share it... (Please note that it is 2:30 am for me and I'm a little bit tired)

Edited by Drejzer

Any suggestions?

Baphomet being the hero against the Sentient horde is my top wish. But since we dont know what they are like yet, I think maby something with Teshin and the Conclave.

By the way, I find it very cool reading your Lore again after the Crewman Synthesis. It's like they were written in tandem.

Dude i want to kiss you (nohomo but rly i could kiss you) its so damn epic i hope he comes to the game and please tell me does the sword have a name? (sry when i didnt read it i was so fascinated from the arts)

Any suggestions?

Baphomet tending to growing Juggernauts or Lephantuses, maybe with Mut. Alad in the background (either helping or dead).

Btw, if baphomet is supposed to be a boss, could you draw his sigil?

• Upvote 3

Nice idea !
  • Upvote 1

Also, it would be interesting to see Baphomet fighting against a tenno in space (with J3 in background)

I'm still kinda sad, they are teasing me during outbreaks... The button to fight for Infested is not there but it looks like It should be there (TT~~TT)

Just some random feedback.  I actually love the idea of this guy as a boss.  Developers might want to change him in some drastic way, currently he looks EXTREMELY similar to a cross between FF Diablo and FF Bahamut summons.  If there isn't an issue with the likeness, I would say go with it but make him a ARCHWING BOSS!

Think about Archwing raid against this mofo in space.  Scale him to some ridiculous size (think full on femorian ship size)  and have him wreck people, complete with sub-flying baddies.  After all, the one area where Tennos aren't exactly OP right now is Archwing world (at least that's my perspective on the PS4).

I'd actually level my Archwing weapons and mods if I knew this guy was out there at the end to fight.  Having him as a stalker like character only trivializes him as a baddie. 

Ooooh. I like this.

• Upvote 1

Dude i want to kiss you (nohomo but rly i could kiss you) its so damn epic i hope he comes to the game and please tell me does the sword have a name? (sry when i didnt read it i wazs so fascinated from the arts)

This... was posted so long ago that there is little hope of it actually making it into the game... but damn its a shame... some rivalry in the story would've been absolutely astounding. I hope this someday makes it into the game. And your welcome for your 300th upvote.

This... was posted so long ago that there is little hope of it actually making it into the game... but damn its a shame... some rivalry in the story would've been absolutely astounding. I hope this someday makes it into the game. And your welcome for your 300th upvote.

You honor me sir!

• Upvote 1

I absolutely love this concept! It's amazing and just looking at the art for it gave me tonnes of ideas for boss stages. I was thinking, perhaps you'd encounter Baphomet (I absolutely love the name as well btw) throughout multiple missions, firstly you could encounter him in an archwing mission, this could be followed up with encountering him on a terrestrial mission with his little beastie. After you beat him and 'kill him' there, it could turn out he isn't dead and in an archwing mission you could come across him once more. However, this time he could have a much bigger more grand archwing and his lower half could be replaced by a larger, meaner looking version of his beastie as if he was resurrected and fused to his pet. Then you could encounter him in a final mission on foot, and have a swordfight under cherry blossoms because that isn't cliche in any way xD And thus the rivalry could be ended. They are just some ideas I'd had for missions, but either way, I want this thing to be in the game, it's such an amazing concept! :)

Great concept difting in the void :(

As soon as I get a working PC again, I will continue work on my 3Dmodel of him. The goal is still to animate the guy, an ambition I WILL see through.

He is too cool to stay in the shadows.

• Upvote 1