Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2019 Schedule Opinions?

iLightning13

8 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Frankly in this day and age i'm all for developers to have radio silence with it's community. Gamer's sense of entitlement have sky rocketed in the past decade.

For those wanting better ai, we'd have to have sky.net levels of AI for it to be of any use.

Even Skynet wasn't up against such ridiculously stacked odds. AI reworks don't do anything if they don't even get to perform a single action before they get into line of sight.

I am mega hyped. Especially that New War Key art, I have been waiting for the Sentient Outpost to make an appearance forever.

Not really sold on Railjack yet, it's REALLY cool in concept, but the gameplay demo they showed seemed very tedious and slow, samey and not very exciting in the long run. I hope they have some surprises up their sleeves with that.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

- Alerts & Challenge Modes revamp. Which is essentially them being revamped into Daily, Weekly, & maybe Monthly sets/packs instead of hourly. (I expect backlash on this to be honest)

I wonder if they are gonna remove the alerts we have now or just add the wolf stuff on top. Might just be me not understanding/hearing something that would confirm, though.

26 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Gamer's sense of entitlement have sky rocketed in the past decade.

I pay, I'm entitled. Devs/publishers aren't gods, they are providing a service to us, customers. In the end, we are the ones that are important in this relation, not them.

It's the modern corporations that are too "entitled".

inb4 "businesses exist to make money"

No, they exist to make stuff for me, and then I'll pay them if that stuff's good, so they can make more stuff for me.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I wonder if they are gonna remove the alerts we have now or just add the wolf stuff on top. Might just be me not understanding/hearing something that would confirm, though.

My gut tells me they will replace it.

The wording DE chose was very specific.

Apparently Wolf of Saturn is an event but it's accompanying the revamped Alert system.

Factor in how many dislike the rng (Random Nitain but atleast 4 a day, random auras, random helmets, random resources, etc) nature of the current system and I can see why they would revamp it all.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I pay, I'm entitled. Devs/publishers aren't gods, they are providing a service to us, customers. In the end, we are the ones that are important in this relation, not them.

No, they exist to make stuff for me, and then I'll pay them if that stuff's good, so they can make more stuff for me.

You paid for your steak and you already got your food. You purchased the platinum or items and you got them. You did not purchase their work or schedule. Even if you bought food at a restaurant, you can't just waltz into the kitchen and demand the chef to tell you how he is going to prepare all food while you stand over his shoulder and tell him off for everything he does that you dislike.

This is the most ridiculous perspective on a company and customer relationship. It's essentially a employer employee contract demand.

The saying, "The customer is always right" isn't meant to be taken literally.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 4

Looking forward to it. The difficulty "slider" mentioned looks like a good plan towards getting worthwhile content. Same as Archwing rivens from Arbitrations, making them worthile content with not only lackluster rewards. Obviously also looking forward to the archwing rework, melee 3.0 and railjack.

Was nice to read that they wanna release more smaller tent pole updates, plus the new Wolf thingy seems like a great idea for bringing content that wont be plagued by draught quickly.

I mean they are competent people at DE, so I hope they deliver and it isnt a must that they deliver it all in 2019 either.

10 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

AI's for enemies, specters & companions....

this is likely part of the difficulty retooling which will likely encompass mods, damage, scaling, and more than likely AI.  this combined with changes to some missions and enemies could if done right make the whole game significantly better.  I feel that all of the upcoming reworks to various systems in the game is the cover for a rebuild of parts of the game engine and code rail jack will likely need a full redo on the archwing code,  it is also supposed to role out some modding 2.0 changes.  
the wolf of Saturn will likely have some AI/enemy improvements and additions 

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

this is likely part of the difficulty retooling which will likely encompass mods, damage, scaling, and more than likely AI.  this combined with changes to some missions and enemies could if done right make the whole game significantly better.  I feel that all of the upcoming reworks to various systems in the game is the cover for a rebuild of parts of the game engine and code rail jack will likely need a full redo on the archwing code,  it is also supposed to role out some modding 2.0 changes.  
the wolf of Saturn will likely have some AI/enemy improvements and additions 

For DE, difficulty is most likely going to exclude any AI reworking, because that's a bit more difficult than changing numbers. I would not expect DE to do anything towards improving AI behavior.

8 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Got to say, thanks for proving me right.

8 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

This is the most ridiculous perspective on a company and customer relationship. It's essentially a employer employee contract demand.

Honestly the "Us vs Them" that gamer's these days hold towards developers and publishers is toxic beyond belief and ridiculous.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

For DE, difficulty is most likely going to exclude any AI reworking, because that's a bit more difficult than changing numbers. I would not expect DE to do anything towards improving AI behavior.

one can dream and overall better AI code will help the entire game as much as better math will, but I understand why they don't want to as from a cost-benefit analysis it will be way more expensive.  my comment was under the assumption that they are working on rewriting the entire game's code behind the scenes and trying to spin it as something else.  the thing is the engine that they are using is older than the creation engine that makes fall out and while it does work better than that engine it is still old and made out of more patches than base code by this point.   

Lots of cool stuff for sure - I just wished they had added actual release dates for the content in this semi-roadmap.

I know that those release dates will most likely be pushed back, but it's still way better for the gaming community and the dev team to have something more specific to aim for. 

3 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

one can dream and overall better AI code will help the entire game as much as better math will, but I understand why they don't want to as from a cost-benefit analysis it will be way more expensive.  my comment was under the assumption that they are working on rewriting the entire game's code behind the scenes and trying to spin it as something else.  the thing is the engine that they are using is older than the creation engine that makes fall out and while it does work better than that engine it is still old and made out of more patches than base code by this point.   

There is no way DE is rewriting the entire game's code though. And from some of the problems they've had, I suspect they've got a lot of spaghetti code, so rewriting their code would probably be too much for them to handle.

4 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

There is no way DE is rewriting the entire game's code though. And from some of the problems they've had, I suspect they've got a lot of spaghetti code, so rewriting their code would probably be too much for them to handle.

the spaghetti code is why they would redo their code with all of the reworks and changes that Steve said was coming makes it seem like they want to fix their code.  but it will be a slow rollout with parts coming in each major update.